PDA

View Full Version : Hats embroidered for free?

mask41
02-09-2007, 07:18 PM
I just read on the parenting board, that if you buy a hat in a Disney store and it has the Disney logo on it that you can get it embroidered for free in the Magic Kingdom. Does the same hold true for the DL? Where in DL would I get this done? I am assuming the embroidery would entail getting the kids names on their hats?
-Amy

SneakyStella
02-09-2007, 07:46 PM
It is true that you can get your hat embroidered for free in Disneyland. All you have to do is hang on to your receipt showing you purchased the hat (usually ears) at DL. There are several locations in the park that do the embroidery, the easiest thing to do is just buy the ears where they embroider so you don't have to worry about misplacing the receipt. There are a few rules about what they can put. I think it has to be a first name only, no nicknames or last names.

Personally, one of my favorite souvenirs for the kids from the park.

ETA: hmmmm... I just reread your post and it actually sounds like you are asking about bringing a hat bought from the Disney Store to the parks to get embroidered. I've never heard about that but I would guess that it wouldn't work because the Disney Store is now owned by Children's Place.

Courtney Anne
02-09-2007, 11:32 PM
When I was in DL the other day - they told me they would not put my name on the hat I was buying. It was a khaki green military style hat with a disney 55 logo on it (off center pink in color).

I was told they will not put names on baseball style hats/caps.
(although my hat rung up as a military hat on the register - i didn't push it)

Mainly from what I was told - you buy the EARS at the park, you can get your name on them.

ALSO, I saw EARS last week that said GRANDMA and GRANDPA - and I didn't think they did this either.

We also purchased the "fake" Disneyland NameTags and had my son's nickname out on his - and my name "Ms.Mora" out on my for when I am at school.

virgojmk
02-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I know you can have the ears done for free at DL. However, we were surprised last year on our first trip to WDW, you have to pay extra to have it done. And there is limited places that do it(it was like only one store per park, and one at DTD). One place (think it was MGM), only had it in block style, I've been going to DL for 34 year and that just seemed wrong to me.

ima_mickeyfan
02-10-2007, 09:28 AM
we picked up ears at the Madd Hatter shop...they were for my dad from the grand kids and they put TaTa on them for us..