PDA

View Full Version : Cars in DCA?

simbaNnala101
02-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey everyone. I was looking at a schedual of teh events in teh park for April when I will be going with my girlfriend :D and underevents it says cars but that is all of the information that I have. Is it a show or a parade and is it the cars from the movie cars? does anyone have any information on this new event? thanx

~Ash~

Darkbeer
02-09-2007, 05:39 PM
It is basically a meet and greet held a few times a day. Lighting McQueen and Mater come out by the Orange Stinger and drive to the Golden State Amphitheater, where they park and folks are allowed to take pictures for about 20 minutes, then the cars drive back off stage.

Here are some photos of the event from yesterday...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2451997

The Cars photos start at Photo Number 101

disneyfan4ever54
02-09-2007, 06:50 PM
What are the times that they usually do this? Is it on weekdays and weekends?

Darkbeer
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
What are the times that they usually do this? Is it on weekdays and weekends?

It is a daily event, 4 or 5 times a day.

The times change slightly if High School Musical is being offered, since they both use the Golden State Amphitheater area.

You can find the hours at Disneyland.com in the daily schedule in the Calendar section, or just pick up the TIMES Guide at the park entrance, on the inside page is the Characters meet and greet times and locations.

SarahJanet
02-09-2007, 07:28 PM
This isn't on the calendar for April 3-9 when we're there. Any reason for that, anyone know?

disneyfan4ever54
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
We tried to see the cars when we were at DCA in September, but they were only out on the weekends and we we there on a weekday. We are going again in May and my DS really wants to see them this time. I will check when I get in the park. I didn't realize they were still there, so thanks for the info.

mickeyxminnie
02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
speaking of cars do they have much cars merchandise available in the stores?
we can only get certain cars here in aus and we would really like to bring back the ones our nephew needs for him..

mask41
02-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Cars is on the schedule for the end of March, so I would assume that they will be out in April. April's schedule is not complete yet - just compare the last week of March to the first week in April to see all that's still missing. We will be there April 9-14 so I've been watching and I think things should be added soon!
HTH,
Amy

disneyfan4ever54
02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
The schedule for April for DCA appears to be complete now through the end of the month........All the other events are listed.... but still no cars.....? I am wondering if they are planning on having them.

yenko427
02-09-2007, 08:14 PM
We are CARS fanatics and were really hoping for a bunch of merchandise. when we were there last week. Disneyshopping.com has way more merchandise and at a lot better prices. They did have some die cast but nothing you cant find at your local Target. Shirts were around $22 for kids and I bought DS a sweatshirt on disney web site for $7.

mickeyxminnie
02-09-2007, 08:45 PM
well the only thing our local target has is lightning, mator and mack and clothing.. we dont have a very good disney licence here

mask41
02-10-2007, 07:43 AM
The schedule for April for DCA appears to be complete now through the end of the month........All the other events are listed.... but still no cars.....? I am wondering if they are planning on having them.

The April calendar still does not have Billy and the Hillbillies, Sword in the Stone, Flage Ceremony, etc, so I am really hoping that those will be added, along with cars - don't give up hope!!!

Lekta
02-10-2007, 08:11 AM
It is basically a meet and greet held a few times a day. Lighting McQueen and Mater come out by the Orange Stinger and drive to the Golden State Amphitheater, where they park and folks are allowed to take pictures for about 20 minutes, then the cars drive back off stage.

Here are some photos of the event from yesterday...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2451997

The Cars photos start at Photo Number 101

That has got to be the emptiest I have ever seen the park. I'll have to remember that next year! Thanks for the photos!:D

simbaNnala101
02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
thanx for the information everyone!! It really helped adn I looked at the pictures thanx darkbeer they look so cool. I am so excited. Do they talk or move andy of their face parts or anything?

~Ash~

yenko427
02-10-2007, 08:07 PM
They just had music playing out of Lightening and revving of the engine. Mater had his signature horn honking sound. I did not hear any words come out of either one of them when we saw them.

DisneyDaze
03-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm bumping this thread up because my family is also going the first week of April and I know my DD would love to see Mater and McQueen if they are there. I do recall seeing that the Cars show was listed for the month of March (which someone else above confirms) and was expecting it to be added for April; however, now it is no longer listed for anytime the remainder of March and still isn't listed for April.

Obviously it will be Easter break week, which should mean a full slate of shows and events, and it would seem that they still have things to add to the April Calendar (No Billy Hill, Sword in the Stone, or Flag Ceremony yet listed) but does anyone have any info on why Cars was listed for March and has since been removed? Is DCA getting rid of this? Should I prepare DD for the fact that she may not she them?

KRA0125
03-08-2007, 06:54 AM
We were just there last week and the cars show was not listed on the show schedule, but they were there, they had them listed under the character times schedule that you pick up once you get to the park. They did come out several times a day (maybe 4 or 5?) near the Golden Dreams show.

The cars did not talk but their eyes did move.

Have fun!

Darkbeer
03-08-2007, 07:08 AM
The Meet and Greet does not get listed at Disneyland.com, it did for a few weeks, but that was a mistake.

But the times are listed on the TIMES Guide when you get to the park. Just look at the inside page, and down at the bottom of the meet and greets you will see Lighting McQueen and Mater and the times they will show up.

UsBurchs
03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Geeze, I feel like I'm so out of it. Thread after thread of questions . . .

Ok, so are there actual Cars characters that make an appearance at DCA? If so, where and when? Yet another obsession for my boy. He'd love to see them too!

River Belle
03-16-2007, 10:49 AM
We saw the cars earlier this month when visitng DCA. I'm less familiar with this park and the names of the lands than DL, but the cars were in front of the gate that overlooks the water at Pardise Pier, near the theater that shows the California film. I'm sure you will get a more thorough response, but this is a start. The cars are quite large, animated, and very detailed--they sit still and "interact" with the kids.