PDA

View Full Version : Leave your mark at DL?

Pages : [1] 2

PaleRider
06-02-2002, 12:32 PM
Hello, this is my first shot a starting a thread so hear goes:

If you could leave your mark inside Disneyland, where would it be and what would it say?
(Examples: a window on MS, a tombstone in HM graveyard...)

I’d have a window on Main Street that says,

Wattless Power Co.
a susidiary of Ajax

J. Hirtzel,
President

"We only use free-range electrons!"

Gemini Cricket
06-02-2002, 12:48 PM
I'd like to have my face featured on one of the singing busts in the HM. That would be neat. Or maybe my skull somewhere on POTC or the Jungle Cruise. Okay, that's a little grim... :D

PaleRider
06-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
...Or maybe my skull somewhere on POTC or the Jungle Cruise. Okay, that's a little grim... :D

I'm sure Trader Sam would give you a great deal! LOL.

Ace
06-02-2002, 04:20 PM
I'd have them replace indiana jones with ME.

Darkbeer
06-02-2002, 05:08 PM
I think plenty of people have left their mark at Disneyland....

At Injun Joe's Cave:D

Morrigoon
06-02-2002, 05:17 PM
What a fun question!

I'd like to see a ride I designed be put in. That would be a nice "mark", don't you think?

blusilva
06-02-2002, 07:48 PM
I wish I had the talent to be an Imagineer and design a brand new ride for the park. Something 100X better than Indy. :)

But, I've already left my mark. My brother gave me an esplanade brick for Christmas last year. We picked it out during our visit on Uncle Walt's birthday. So it has my name and the date of Walt's 100th birthday on it. That makes me satisfied.

FantasmicFan82
06-02-2002, 07:51 PM
I'm with darkbeer, that used to be a BIG cave... so back then the potty was really far away. :)

Lacrosse Boy
06-03-2002, 04:25 AM
I'd write "Leo likes Bikes" somewhere.

MagicBeliever
06-03-2002, 03:44 PM
i'd probably put my face on one of the girls that "dances" with pinocchio in fantasmic.

peasy
06-03-2002, 07:24 PM
I'd leave my mark in the "lifetime passport" section!...

awinner
06-03-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by peasy
I'd leave my mark in the "lifetime passport" section!...

what/where is that?

stinkerbell
06-04-2002, 06:38 AM
The Can-Can girls at IASW would all look like me! ;)

MonorailMan
06-04-2002, 08:32 AM
Personal Seat In Monorail Red. :D

Gracy_hm
06-04-2002, 11:04 AM
I would Have every image of Mara replaced with me :)

SoCalSnowWhite
06-04-2002, 12:27 PM
Leota!!!! I would have to be Little Leota, but still say the same stuff, just my face. " Hurry baaa-aaccck!!!"

Barbacide
06-04-2002, 01:15 PM
I think it'd be a blast to be known as the guy who fell out of the Monorail while dancing and got his pants caught on the Golden Gate Bridge. I'd just hang out there & people watch all day. That'd be swell!

justagrrl
06-04-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by FantasmicFan82
I'm with darkbeer, that used to be a BIG cave... so back then the potty was really far away. :)

Did the caves used to be different?

Hades
06-04-2002, 03:52 PM
I have already left my mark at DL! My picture (along with the thousand or so of us CMs that decided to get up at 5am one morning) all had our picture taken in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle for a CM photograph for the 35th anniversary of DL. I was standing under the first "5" in 1955. That photo was placed inside the DL "Time Castle" (a time capsule which is buried in the Castle forecourt under the brass plaque there. It will be unearthed and opened on the 50th birthday of Disneyland).

I also had the honor of having lunch twice with Hideo Amamiya (President of the Disneyland Hotel from 1987 till his untimely passing in 2000). He has a window on Main Street, just above the Premiere Shop (the first shop on the right hand side of Main Street) He was a very interesting and personable man. So when I go to the park with friends or relatives, I point at that window and tell them, "I had lunch with him before. It was quite an honor." and smile.

Ace
06-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Hades
I have already left my mark at DL! My picture (along with the thousand or so of us CMs that decided to get up at 5am one morning) all had our picture taken in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle for a CM photograph for the 35th anniversary of DL. I was standing under the first "5" in 1955. That photo was placed inside the DL "Time Castle" (a time capsule which is buried in the Castle forecourt under the brass plaque there. It will be unearthed and opened on the 50th birthday of Disneyland).

I also had the honor of having lunch twice with Hideo Amamiya (President of the Disneyland Hotel from 1987 till his untimely passing in 2000). He has a window on Main Street, just above the Premiere Shop (the first shop on the right hand side of Main Street) He was a very interesting and personable man. So when I go to the park with friends or relatives, I point at that window and tell them, "I had lunch with him before. It was quite an honor." and smile.

isn't it the 80th anniversary?

Hades
06-05-2002, 03:55 PM
isn't it the 80th anniversary?

Well, I remember them saying 50. Whether it was 50 as in 50th anniversary, or 50 as in 50 years from when it was burried, I am not entirely sure. The plaque on the Castle forecourt would have the exact date of when it will be opened.:)

oregonzooron
06-05-2002, 04:07 PM
I'd love to do a voice-over for something in the park....a welcome message, attraction narration, safety message, no parking spiel, just about anything!

Allysen1Derland
06-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Leave my mark? I left my "Mark" @ the Disneyland hotel a long time ago when the relationship went sour. Mark from Disneyland Security, that is! Having said that, if I had to leave a nice mark (and not the scary boyfriend kind) I would have to go along with SoCalSnowWhite and say "Little Leota" ! ;)

Tigertail777
06-05-2002, 06:02 PM
OOOO! I would like to be the voice of the talking skull and cross bones on pirates before the drop "keep yer ruddy hands inside the ship..."
Or... an audio-animatronic of me as one of the pirates in the burning city--maybe the one with a glass of grog thats burning on the bridge that you pass under. Ah well I suppose I'll just have to paint a picture of it---maybe that will be this year's self portrait (I try to draw/paint a self portrait every year to see how my skills have progressed, and to have a artistic "workout" ;) )

Darkbeer
06-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Did the caves used to be different?

Oh yes!!!! You used to be able to enter a set of caves (a portion still remains) from the fort, the door on the north side, just to the right of the gate, used to lead to a "ladder" that took you to a set of caves under the fort, and there was more "branchs" in the current caves, some were dead ends, which caused problems in people getting "stuck".