PDA

View Full Version : Will the Delta Daddios return?

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
My daughter's favorite group, The Delta Daddios, are no longer at Disneyland. Does anyone know if they'll be returning?

ChipmunkStar
02-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I think they're over at DCA now.

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Does DCA have a Town Hall type information desk that would have that information? If so, where is it?

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
should be that Mission just after the bridge to the right

ChipmunkStar
02-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Does DCA have a Town Hall type information desk that would have that information? If so, where is it?

Yes. There are two. There is one labeled "Guest Relations" to your immediate left as your enter DCA. There is another labeled "Information" in the Sun Plaza area. It's right between the parade route and EnginEars Toys.

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks!

Another Dimension
02-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I saw the Delta Daddios in DCA after 4, in front of Disney Animation... dressed really sharp and singing mighty finely on 2/8... :D

jcruise86
02-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I saw the Delta Daddios in DCA after 4, in front of Disney Animation... dressed really sharp and singing mighty finely on 2/8... :D
THANKS for confirming both their excellence and that they might still be performing at the Disneyland Resort! I hope we hear them next week.

I'm impressed by their joy of entertaining and their ability to respond to their live audiences more loosely, naturally, and quickly than a couple of the stiff new Dapper Dans. (And I don't mean to dis the Dans--I think they are very good! I will see them again.)

My 19-month-old loves to stand in front of them and smile, dance, and clap; and they seem to love her too. And they are really good singers!

yohomama212
02-09-2007, 10:29 AM
THANKS for confirming both their excellence and that they might still be performing at the Disneyland Resort.

I'm impressed by their joy of entertaining and their ability to respond to their live audience more loosely, naturally, and quickly than a couple of the stiff new Dapper Dans. (And I don't mean to dis the Dans--I think they are very good! I will see them again.)

My 19-month-old loves to stand in front to them and smile, dance, and clap and they seem to love her too. And they are really good singers!

I've never heard of this group, but I am new to the Disney geekdom, so don't be shocked. What kind of music do they play? Reading that your little girl likes the music makes me think that my DD might also have fun! I have never seen a kid so interested in music as my DD, she will get so into all kinds, especially jazz and swing and all the big brass stuff!

Liz :cool:

jcruise86
02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
I've never heard of this group, but I am new to the Disney geekdom, so don't be shocked. What kind of music do they play? Reading that your little girl likes the music makes me think that my DD might also have fun! I have never seen a kid so interested in music as my DD, she will get so into all kinds, especially jazz and swing and all the big brass stuff!

Acappella
do-wap (doo wop?)
Four African-American gentlemen in their 40s and 50s who do songs like "Lean on Me" and, of course, "The Mickey Mouse Club March."
They will make your DD feel special.

And since you seek live entertainment and are in DCA I suggest you also head over to the beautiful Grand California Hotel Lobby. (You may have to enter via Downtown Disney--but you can get into DCA directly from there--at least later on in the day.)
In the afternoon in the GCH lobby there is often a pianist improvising on Disney tunes, making them sound almost classical. The attractive woman is particularly personable toward little kids. At night we've heard a fun and lively guitar playing folk singer by the fire place.

We've probably enjoyed the GCH more than many of the hotel guests and we are but humble CA AP holders.

yohomama212
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you jcruise! We'll be at DCA on Monday at some point, I'll make sure we find them and listen for awhile! It always sounded so cheesy to just lurk around the hotel lobbies since we're SoCal residents and will probably never stay at the resort hotels. But the more and more I read here, the more and more normal it sounds. We'll definately give this a try too!

Another Dimension
02-10-2007, 03:33 PM
THANKS for confirming both their excellence and that they might still be performing at the Disneyland Resort! I hope we hear them next week. And they are really good singers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYMlyCNSZsU

:)

jcruise86
02-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the link, Another Dimension!

mask41
02-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I didn't see them on the Calendar on the website - are they not listed? Are they in the Times publication, or are they simply an act to watch for? They look awesome - would love to catch them!!!

DisneyPrincessCat
02-12-2007, 11:13 AM
We saw them at DCA (Pixar Park!) at Christmastime just before the Block Party right in front of the sunshine plaza, actually they were standing in the street where the block party comes through. They were awesome! I love those guys. I hope they still are there. Some of the best entertainment anywhere!!!!!
susi

yohomama212
02-13-2007, 08:07 AM
We were at DCA yesterday and I ended up having to go to the information booth to find out when they were performing. The only time they had for them was 6:50 am! Before the park even opened! Oh well, I hope they're more available when we go on Friday.

jcruise86
02-13-2007, 10:01 AM
We were at DCA yesterday and I ended up having to go to the information booth to find out when they were performing. The only time they had for them was 6:50 am! Before the park even opened! Oh well, I hope they're more available when we go on Friday.

Of course that was a mistake.

But I'd appreciate it it they'd list the Delta Daddios in the Disneyland Resort entertainment schedule that is distributed at the parks' entrances.

Please report back if you hear them on Friday. Warning: it will probably be more crowded than most Fridays.

autumnbottom
02-17-2007, 08:08 AM
They were in front of Disney Animation around 3:30 pm on Thursday. I even got to participate with them! They pulled me out of the crowd and sang "My Girl" to me. It was hilarious!

jcruise86
02-17-2007, 12:10 PM
They were in front of Disney Animation around 3:30 pm on Thursday. I even got to participate with them! They pulled me out of the crowd and sang "My Girl" to me. It was hilarious!
I bet they sounded pretty good too!
I won't tell my toddler daughter. She'd be jealous of you.