PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse Fridays or Sundays?

my2princesses
02-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm sure this has probably been asked already, but which day is busier(usually) Fridays or Sundays? I am trying to figure out if we should go Sunday through Wednesday or Tuesday through Friday. What do you guys think would be best? We are going the first full week of March and there is a Big West Basketball tournanment at the end of that week.

Thanks for any help:)
Michelle

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
my philosiphy when people ask me to go with them is: Monday, yeah I'll go, Tuesday, sure why not, Wednesday, you name the time, Thursday, heck yeah, Friday, totally, Saturday, I'm already there, but Sunday, I'll never ever go on a Sunday, but thats just me

samsma
02-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I thought that Saturdays were worse than a Sunday.We found alternate plans for Sat(since it would be too busy) and were going to go again on Sun. Now I am questioning that choice. HELP!

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
well reason why I love Saturdays is I work of course mon-fri and we go all the time and since we don't have to worry about wasting time, its just fun to people watch and it just feels like the weekend, staying till midnight hanging out don't have to work the next day and not on vacation, its like going to the mall for us and Saturdays just seem to make DL a bit better.
We went once on a wednesday and took off work and when we got there it was empty and it kind of took away the magic for us. Sure we had a good time, but it just felt empty, thats why I don't care if its crowded or not, its just fun being around a bunch of people that are happy.

raediance
02-08-2007, 10:10 AM
We've only been on Fridays and Sundays.
I never notice the crowds. I'm in my element already. x)

Niwel
02-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Friday nights can be hectic since people don't have to work the following day -- and there is sometimes fireworks/Fantasmic -- something that is less likely to happen on a Sunday during most of the year.
Sunday mornings at DL are great.... if you can get there at opening you'll have till 11/11:30 before the crowds hit.

Don't know if that was any help to you .... but it might give you some insight.

shawnarae
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I have always tried to do Thurs-Sat trips if I only have a few days to be there.

gibson510
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Anything around the weekend can get pretty crowded.

wdwmartin
02-08-2007, 09:16 PM
IMHO Sundays are worse than Friday or even Saturday.

Most locals are working on Friday and many Saturdays are blocked out for AP users. Sundays are usually a free for all of locals with APs trying to get the latest dining pin, but schedules are hectic and we usually end up there on Sundays with everyone else too.

Shinku
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
In my experience, sundays are much more crowded. I know several sets of parents who are more inclined to go on sunday and let their kids ditch monday's school instead of taking off friday.

At least on saturdays the so cal resident AP's are blocked out, that helps some with the crowds. I'd go tuesday through friday.

wdwmartin
02-10-2007, 06:16 AM
FYI - I went to DL yesterday (Friday) and it was much less crowded than on a typical Sunday.

Disney_Nut
02-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I love Sundays. It's always been more crowded on Saturdays when I've been there. On Sunday, I've found it only gets busy during the middle of the day. The morning and evening hours are usually fairly slow. Maybe it's just been like that when I've been there during the off-season. Plus, it's open almost as long as Saturday. When it starts to get crowded, I go to DCA, and return in the evening when the crowds have thinned out.

PanFan
02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I would probably pick Wed-Fri simply because you'll get to see the fireworks. Last night was the last F! until May/June (depending on who you talk to) and during the off season, fireworks are only shown Fridays and Saturdays (unless it's a holiday weekend or something). Since you're spending multiple days there, you could hit the attractions and shows Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning, then stake out a great spot for the fireworks Friday night and end your trip with a "bang!"

MagicKingdomBoy
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Since we didn't get the expected rain yesterday, I checked the schedule for the closing time and was pleasantly surprised to find out the park was open til 12:00 A.M. I thought for sure on a Sunday in February they would close earlier.

So on the spur of the moment, at 5:30 P.M., I grabbed a buddy and headed down. Got there around 6:15, had a quick dinner at Napa, and enjoyed the park tremendously. There were practially no lines (10 minutes for SM, no wait for BTM or HM, and there was no wind and it wasn't even cold. I'm so glad I decided to go.