PDA

View Full Version : Don't like enhanced fastpass... am I the minority?

CAdreamer
02-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Um, am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of the enhanced fastpass?? I don't like the idea that if you are willing to pay more to book through AAA or whoever, that you get special treatment. I like that Disneyland is a place that once you pay to get in everyone is on a level playing field. That was the idea behind the fastpass in the first place, right? If you have a ticket and can get in, you can use the system like everybody else. I would have thought that Walt would have wanted it that way.

$$=ability to skip lines...doesn't seem very Disney to me. Anyone else??

BTW, I have no problem with the dream fastpass because of the promotion...hoping to score one of those next weekend!

DisneyDustin22
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
You should be fine then b/c the enhanced FP has been discontinued. At least for now.

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I just get the feeling that the fast pass seems to just be phasing out for some reason like a vibe

Hi-Ho
02-08-2007, 09:05 AM
obviously haven't been on here in a while....what is (or was) the enhanced fastpass?

Pat-n-Eil
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I, for one, love the enhanced FastPass. In my opinion, it doesn't take anything away from the regular FastPass that is available to everyone, but I really do think that staying in a Disney Property, at those prices, should bring with it some perks. They number of perks that you get for stayin on property seems to be dwindling, but the enhanced FastPass was a good one.

(The enhanced FastPass allowed you to hold one FastPass for every attraction that accepts the FastPass instead of only being able to hold one FastPass for one attraction).

Hi-Ho
02-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks Pat&Eil.....been out of the loop for a while! When did this happen? We were at the park April 2006, and I don't remember anything about enhanced fastpass.

Darkbeer
02-08-2007, 10:02 AM
How about the Guided Tours that Disneyland offers.

They get Back Door access and/or use the Fastpass lines, and some of the tours come with special reserved seating for Parades or Fireworks.

Or how about paying $63 for a reserved seat to watch Fantasmic!

Early Entry to Disneyland if you stay at one of the three Disney owned hotels.

These things have been happening for years....

Nancy
02-08-2007, 10:09 AM
How about the Guided Tours that Disneyland offers.

They get Back Door access and/or use the Fastpass lines, and some of the tours come with special reserved seating for Parades or Fireworks.

Or how about paying $63 for a reserved seat to watch Fantasmic!

Early Entry to Disneyland if you stay at one of the three Disney owned hotels.

These things have been happening for years....

I guess bottom line is you can get just about anything at Disneyland if you are willing to pay for it. Look at Lindsey Lohan.

samsma
02-08-2007, 10:19 AM
O.M.G. Is that where Lindsey is in"REHAB"? The truth is out!

Nancy
02-08-2007, 10:22 AM
O.M.G. Is that where Lindsey is in"REHAB"? The truth is out!

HA HA HA!!

OH POOR MICKEY!!

If she had been in rehab before her birthday we wouldn't have known she was there at all!

Andrew
02-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I guess bottom line is you can get just about anything at Disneyland if you are willing to pay for it. Look at Lindsey Lohan.
How much would that cost me?

Klutch
02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
When it comes to perks, the bottom line is you can't give all of them to everyone. Then the question is, "Who, if anyone, should get the perks?". I think giving perks to people who are willing and able to pay for them is the only sound solution. While this may not sound nice, it's the only practical way to do it; within reason.

The fastpass system is interesting in its inherent ability for customization. It's technically possible to give out no fastpasses, for one attraction at at time, or unlimited Fastpasses. Apparently, Disney brokered a deal with AAA giving people who book with AAA a perk and now it's over. I don't have a problem with that.

I've heard some mention about Disney toying with further paid perks in the future. For example, staying on property might get you access to Fastpass. Staying at a deluxe resort might get you access to unlimited Fastpass. This has the potential to please big spenders, yet also alienate lots of other people. I'm sure Disney will have to decide if they can afford to pamper high rollers while making others downright resentful.

yellowrosedtxn
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I would have to say that if you are going to book a room anyway, and can take advantage of the perks, then why not do it? When I went in 2005, I booked my own room and got the tickets and I thought I did well, but then I got a package in 2006 and actually saved money AND got the enhanced fast passes. If I had booked the package myself I was going to pay a couple of hundred more than I did going through AAA.

What astounds me is that there were STILL tons of people waiting in line for Splash Mountain when the wait was 240 minutes long. I am happy to have fast passes any way I can get them.

Karin
02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
How much would that cost me?

To look at Lindsay Lohan's bottom, Andrew? ;)

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
When it comes to perks, the bottom line is you can't give all of them to everyone. Then the question is, "Who, if anyone, should get the perks?". I think giving perks to people who are willing and able to pay for them is the only sound solution. While this may not sound nice, it's the only practical way to do it; within reason. . . . I've heard some mention about Disney toying with further paid perks in the future. For example, staying on property might get you access to Fastpass. Staying at a deluxe resort might get you access to unlimited Fastpass. This has the potential to please big spenders, yet also alienate lots of other people. I'm sure Disney will have to decide if they can afford to pamper high rollers while making others downright resentful.

Good post.

But I come down against the "First Class" and "Coach" experiences inside the parks. I think it's sad that more people can no longer afford to eat at the Blue Bayou. In fact my heart breaks for them when Cruella and I look down at them from Club 33.
;)
But seriously, I think that part of the reason why Jet Blue, Midwest, and Southwest Airlines often rank near the top of customer satisfaction surveys is because of the perception that every customer is given the best possible service.

Some people feel a little bit bad when they pass through the first class sections. In fact, I pointed out their sad expressions as they passed Cruella and I while we sipped our champaign. While it brought me down, she just laughed and said it increased her enjoyment because they smelled.
I'm just paraphrasing her and I strongly disagreed.

olegc
02-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Um, am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of the enhanced fastpass?? I don't like the idea that if you are willing to pay more to book through AAA or whoever, that you get special treatment. I like that Disneyland is a place that once you pay to get in everyone is on a level playing field. That was the idea behind the fastpass in the first place, right? If you have a ticket and can get in, you can use the system like everybody else. I would have thought that Walt would have wanted it that way.

$$=ability to skip lines...doesn't seem very Disney to me. Anyone else??

BTW, I have no problem with the dream fastpass because of the promotion...hoping to score one of those next weekend!

well, you'd be surprised how many people over the years have said that FastPass itself was unfair to a majority of tourists since they were not aware of the program and locals "abused it". So - from any perspective there will always be a view of something being "unfair"...

besides - the trend is to move more towards pay more to play more - and I don't doubt that enhanced fastpass may turn in to 1st in line all the time - as long as you have money to pay and there is a market for it.

Remember - Disneyland is not a democracy - or a republic - it's a business. If someone is willing to pay - it will be offered....

Klutch
02-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Some people feel a little bit bad when they pass through the first class sections. In fact, I pointed out their sad expressions as they passed Cruella and I while we sipped our champaign. While it brought me down, she just laughed and said it increased her enjoyment because they smelled.

I hear ya. Don't you hate it when some troglodyte with a mileage upgrade acts like an idiot and spoils your pre-flight beverage service? ;)

I never understood complaints about the current fastpass system being unfair. While it's too bad some people aren't familiar with which gives those are an advantage, thems the breaks. It's no different than people who know to avoid showing up at Disneyland around 11 AM on a Saturday in the Summer if you want to avoid crowds, and people who don't.

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 04:24 PM
I hear ya. Don't you hate it when some troglodyte with a mileage upgrade acts like an idiot and spoils your pre-flight beverage service? ;)

I never understood complaints about the current fastpass system being unfair. While it's too bad some people aren't familiar with which gives those are an advantage, thems the breaks. It's no different than people who know to avoid showing up at Disneyland around 11 AM on a Saturday in the Summer if you want to avoid crowds, and people who don't.
I actually like advantages that are enjoyed by people who are smart and/or experienced--like fast passes and the smaller crowds in the parks during the first hour on the days when the hotels don't get in early. And the privacy and beautiful natural setting my daughter and I enjoy under the raeB yrgnuH restaurant.
Best be quiet about that last one!

Pat-n-Eil
02-09-2007, 06:49 AM

I am with you there. It isn't like the information isn't out there for all to see. You can ask any castmember, you can find it on the internet, you can talk to your travel agent, you can read any number of disneyland guides.. The first time I saw a fastpass line I was asking questions. FastPass, Enhanced FastPass, RideMax.. a little research is a wonderful thing. I shouldn't be penalized because I do some and other people don't take the time or have the warewithal to ask the question.

IdahoMike
02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Could not agree more! It is my feeling, if you don't do your homework, you don't really have a right to complain about lines, crowds, or anything else. We recently spent a day at DL with my wife's friend and her husband. They basically showed up for their trip knowing nothing. Didn't know they had an early entry with their hopper, didn't know what a fastpass was (and didn't ask anyone!), showed up at noon every day, and complained about crowds and lines nonstop. Nothing annoys me more than people who use the excuse "well no one told me!" It isn't other people's responsibility to tell you about everything, it is your responsibility to ask! The one day we spent with them, we used early entry and by noon, they had gotten on more rides than they had in the 2 days previous combined!
I have never used the enhanced FP, but I have no problem with those who were able to use it, it was a perk of the package that they bought, and they have every right to it. It would be like complaining about the people who win the Dream FP's from the YOAMD promotion. They were at the right place at the right time, why shouldn't they get to use it.

Now, on the other hand, if Disney starts selling front of the line passes at the gate a la Universal, I will be P.O.'ed! (and shouldn't we really say P'ed O?" Keep the FP system the way it is!