PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat at Disney Question

Pages : [1] 2

overlake9
02-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Hi! We plan to visit Disney in October and I was wondering what information people had about the special Halloween event at Disneyland. We will be taking our 5 year old and 2 year old and I we are trying to decide if it would be worth it to try to plan the trip so they could do the trick or treat event.

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

cstephens
02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi! We plan to visit Disney in October and I was wondering what information people had about the special Halloween event at Disneyland.

The trick or treat Halloween event is actually at DCA, not Disneyland.

Here's my report about the 2005 event (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/mht2005.html), and here's my report about the 2006 event (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/mht2006.html).

ochibiyo
02-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Yes the event is in DCA, and it is sooooo worth it! The costumes are incredible, and my little ones loved it! They were 6, 4, and 2. I love the fact that Disney gives both healthy snacks like carrots and apples, plus regular candy. Also you get a bag when entering, and all kids got about a half bag full by the time they were done. The rides were pretty short lines as well, so the kids went nuts! If you do go, do the character photo shots first, then have fun! I really want to do it again!!!

Mark Mywords
02-08-2007, 09:31 AM
We did Halloween Treat for the first time this past year. I went in with fairly low expectations. I have to say, I REALLY had a good time and it ranks as one of our best trips of 2006. It's totally worth the extra ticket cost.

meandthree
02-08-2007, 11:14 AM
We were there this last year and yes I think that it definitely is worth it. My kids had a great time. Be ready to take home loads of candy. Make sure that you buy your tickets early because they well out quick.

raediance
02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Do you have to get seperate tickets for this?
I mean, can I use my pass?

Andrew
02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Do you have to get seperate tickets for this?
I mean, can I use my pass?
It is a hard-ticket event, but Annual Passholders have for the past two years been able to buy tickets before the general public.

raediance
02-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh, so it's not like a regular day where you can just go in?

overlake9
02-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Does anyone have an idea of how early the tickets go on sale?

alexandrasmom
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh, so it's not like a regular day where you can just go in?

During the day, it is a regular day in DCA where you could use your pass, but turns into the event at night, for which you need a separate ticket.

raediance
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
so you'd have to leave when it starts?

yohomama212
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
We didn't have APs last year, but if I remember correctly, my SIL purchased her's in August. I think the regular ticket was $35 and the AP holders cold get theirs for $20, or something like that. We're definately going this year, so I'll start posting as soon as I can get more info.

Liz :cool:

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 12:48 PM
I would so totally go, but I'm just to old and to young for younglings so sucks for me

alexandrasmom
02-08-2007, 12:53 PM
so you'd have to leave when it starts?

If you don't have a ticket to the event, then yes, you have to leave the park. Correct me if I am wrong somebody, but I think there is a break in time between DCA closing for the regular day and the start time of the event, and they usher people out. In WDW, you could stay in the park and get a wristband in a few locations.

cstephens
02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I would so totally go, but I'm just to old and to young for younglings so sucks for me

Age has nothing to do with it. We're too adults with no kids, and we've gone each of the last two years and had a great time.

I can't remember if it was 2005 or 2006, but one of those years, I think we bought our tickets in April. I remember it was pretty early.

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 01:06 PM
it kinda does when your dealing with someone like myself, I'm the oddest duck you'll ever meet I mean I don't just want to watch the jedi training academy, I want to be in it, which they wont let me in, I can teach them the vaapid attack channeling just enough darkside power without turning.

charpaul
02-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I believe that I purchased tickets LAST YEAR in April. That is when they were first available for PassHolders. I bought 6 tickets for myself and a group of friends (all passholders). The night I picked sold out as soon as the tickets were available to the general public. The other nights soon followed. I think that by August last year there were only a few tickets left for one or two nights.....

I have gone both years - last year was even better than the first year.
We are a group of adults and we had a blast!!! The night is what you make of :
-If you want to go on attractions - the lines are short!!
-If you want to have photos taken with characters in costume (or with your favorite villains)- then this is the place to do it.
-If you want to collect a large amount of candy - step right up to the 13 different doors spread out around the park and "trick-or-treat" to your hearts content.

It is a nice night and for the price it is well worth it!!! I will be looking at the Disney site around April again to see if they have tickets available for this year.
Just go and have fun!!!

cstephens
02-08-2007, 02:53 PM
it kinda does when your dealing with someone like myself, I'm the oddest duck you'll ever meet I mean I don't just want to watch the jedi training academy, I want to be in it, which they wont let me in, I can teach them the vaapid attack channeling just enough darkside power without turning.

I'm just saying that if you want to go to Halloween Treat and have a good time, you would be the only one preventing yourself from doing so.

boisetoDL
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
This is our first year as AP holders and we were planning a trip back in the fall! I'm probably insane for hoping, but were they offering any AP special rates in any of the Disney hotels at that time other than the normal % off?

miss bianca
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
We took my son - age 2 yrs 2 months at the time and my nephew 2ys 8 months and they LOVED it!!

Going back this year and every year they have it!!

Buy your tickets early as they sold out (even the Thursday nights sold out).

If you are taking the little ones, go on a night that it starts at 6:30 pm instead of 7:30 pm. Much easier on the little guys.

miss bianca
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
This is our first year as AP holders and we were planning a trip back in the fall! I'm probably insane for hoping, but were they offering any AP special rates in any of the Disney hotels at that time other than the normal % off?

We had to pay something like $280 a night for the Grand mid week even with our AP discount which is SO HIGH for an "off" month. I'm hoping for a $189 this year.

lauras5boys
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
We had the best time this past year. Lots and lots of fun themed costumes.

We went with some friends, me as Snow White, my friend as the Evil Queen and our 7 kids (I have 4 and she has 3) as the 7 Dwarfs. It was really so much fun. The kids had an absolute blast.

julw
02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Just curious, how many days in October does this run? I thought it was just on Halloween, but from the posts it sounds like it happens for multiple days? We are planning a trip in October but it is in the middle of Oct. not the end. I would love to take my kids to this! Thanks~

cstephens
02-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Just curious, how many days in October does this run? I thought it was just on Halloween, but from the posts it sounds like it happens for multiple days? We are planning a trip in October but it is in the middle of Oct. not the end. I would love to take my kids to this! Thanks~

In 2005, the event ran on 6 different nights. In 2006, the event ran for 9 nights, 8 scheduled originally and one extra night added due to overwhelming demand.

geoffa
02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
If you don't have a ticket to the event, then yes, you have to leave the park. Correct me if I am wrong somebody, but I think there is a break in time between DCA closing for the regular day and the start time of the event, and they usher people out. In WDW, you could stay in the park and get a wristband in a few locations.

That's usually how these events work. CMs "sweep" the park as it "closes". There's usually a half hour to an hour break then the event evening begins. Or that'show I recall it.