PDA

View Full Version : No Enhanced Fastpass?

dpstang
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I understand that AAA dropped enhanced FP this year. Is there any company you can book your trip with that offers enhanced FastPass? Thanks

Darkbeer
02-07-2007, 05:49 PM
None that I know of for 2007, looks like the program was cancelled, maybe due to the Dream FASTPASS program, and they didn't want too many Fastpasses available.

Who knows what will happen in 2008.

julw
02-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Ok, so I know this is a total novice question about the fastpass, but if there are no enhanced pastpasses, why do I read so many trip reports about people running around the park collecting all the fastpasses first thing? Do AP holders get to hold more than one ride fastpass at a time? Thanks~

Bytebear
02-07-2007, 07:32 PM
The reason you can load up on fastpasses in the morning is because the window of opportunity is so soon. Say you get a pass at 9 that becomes valid at 9:20, you can run over to another attraction and get that pass at 9:20 which is active at 10:05, so you get another pass at 10:05 for something else, all the while riding non-fastpass attractions, or rides with short lines. Also, some attractions are out of the fastpass loop, so you can get them anytime, regardless of your blocked time. Hope this makes sense.

julw
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes, that makes sense, thank you!

Pat-n-Eil
02-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Ok, so I know this is a total novice question about the fastpass, but if there are no enhanced pastpasses, why do I read so many trip reports about people running around the park collecting all the fastpasses first thing? Do AP holders get to hold more than one ride fastpass at a time? Thanks~

When enhanced FastPasses were available, this would be my way of doing it. Unfortunately, this year, Disneyland dropped the enhanced FastPass - presumably for the Year of a million wishes campaign. AAA wasn't happy about this decision and neither was I. I am hoping they return next year.

The previous poster is correct that early in the morning, the return times can be short so you can get a rhythm going to get and use FastPasses.. but use them wisely. If I were to pick one ride in each park where I'd use my FastPass the normal way they would be Splash Mountain and Soarin' Over California.