PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleaders @ Disneyland/DCA March 23-25

4princesses
02-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Help! I've read a couple of times now about how crowded DL/CDA is during the National Cheerleading Finals in Anaheim in March. After doing some frantic researching, I've found out that (of course) the cheerleaders will be in the parks during our trip, March 18-26th.

My stepdad is flying in to meet us at DL on the 22nd so will be at DL/CDA right in the thick of cheerleader madness. This is his first trip to DL and he is very clausterphobic in crowds. Can anyone give me any thoughts on how to make his trip more enjoyable while we are there? Has anyone been to either park when the cheerleaders were there? Is it really that bad? I'm worried that this may now be his first and last trip!

just beatla33
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM
well when DL is crowded it really isn't elbows to elbows, theres just a lot of people, except when it comes to firework time, then if you have that condition, might be a little problem.

Bytebear
02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I have been on cheerleader days. The crowds didn't seem any worse, but there are gaggles of girls in matching outfits giggling and standing around trying to look cool, which has its own set of annoyances.

julw
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
According to the convention center calendar they will also be there March 16-18

Donald Duck Fan68
02-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Will he be there for just one day?
My advice would be this:
• Get into DL early in the morning, preferably when the gates open, that's when the crowds will be the lightest (collect fastpasses on your favorite rides, but don't worry about making it back during the window of time allotted)
• as afternoon approaches, take a break from the park by grabbing lunch in DTD or back at whatever hotel you're staying at
• after the break, go to DCA where the crowds will be a little lighter than DL; stay into the early evening, maybe grab dinner at this park
• after DCA, either head back into DL to brave the crowds and use the fastpasses collected in the morning or rest up to be able to arrive the next day by DL park opening (if he's there for another day)

Also, will you be able to use the early entry any of your days there? Definately take advantage of that if you can.

4princesses
02-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. He will be at the DL Thursday afternoon, Friday & Saturday. We'll just go early, (I guess on Saturday for early entry) leave early and come back late. Parkhopping sounds like a great idea too, to get him out of the worst of the afternoon crowds. I'm kind of new to all this and appreciate being able to use your experience! Again, many thanks.

zombie pirate
02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Bring earplugs.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I was there one time during cheerleader days, never again.

You also might be running in to spring break, maybe in Phoenix, going that time of year. If you have both of those going on, it will be busy. I avoid DL, at all costs during ANY possible spring break times.

jillshumway
02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
WE WERE THERE LAST YEAR AT THE SAME TIME AS THE CHEERLEADERS IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. tHE WEEKEND WAS REALY CROWDED AND THE CHEARLEADERS WERE AT DCA MOSTLY. The weekdays were fine. Good Luck. Jill

The old man
02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
WE WERE THERE LAST YEAR AT THE SAME TIME AS THE CHEERLEADERS IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. tHE WEEKEND WAS REALY CROWDED AND THE CHEARLEADERS WERE AT DCA MOSTLY. The weekdays were fine. Good Luck. Jill
Don't shout. We can hear you.

raediance
02-08-2007, 10:10 AM
maybe i should buy one [cheerleading outfit] to fit in. i can be like "omg! rad outfit!"
just kidding.

samsma
02-08-2007, 10:23 AM
You so crack me up,raediance

raediance
02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
You so crack me up,raediance
lol. thanks. =]