PDA

View Full Version : Club 33?

Pages : [1] 2

mask41
02-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Could someone explain to me exactly what Club 33 is? It doesn't sound like plain folk like my family would be able to partake, but just out of curiousity I would like to know about it.
Thanks,
Amy

samsma
02-07-2007, 07:25 AM
All I know is that it is a PRIVATE members only club,lounge and rest.

Pat-n-Eil
02-07-2007, 07:25 AM
It is an invitation only restaurant in New Orleans Square. You have to be a member or a guest of a member of Club 33 to dine there. I believe it is the only restaurant in Disneyland to serve alcohol. I've seen some travel documentaries that showed you around inside Club 33. Keep your eye on the Travel Channel for a show called "Disneyland Secrets" or similar.

ssturgeo
02-07-2007, 07:40 AM
http://www.disneylandclub33.com/

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050308.html

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm011127.htm

Above are some links that will give you an overview of Club 33.

Opus1guy
02-07-2007, 08:37 AM
And don't forget this jerk's website:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy

...where you'll get a little peek at Tokyo Disneyland's Club 33, as well.

;)

danyoung
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
It is an invitation only restaurant in New Orleans Square.

I'm not sure I'd call this an invitation only restaurant. Anyone can become a member, if you have the time (waiting list of something like 5 years!) and the money (many thousands to join, many thousands in yearly dues).

just beatla33
02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
but would you agree it woul dbe faster to get an invite rather than becoming a member....but then theres the scoundral way, get your name on the waiting list and whenever its your time to join, say you'd like to "try out" the Club before you sign over your life savings. And most likely they'll get you in for free for a day, but its better just to get an invite

Opus1guy
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
....but then theres the scoundral way, get your name on the waiting list and whenever its your time to join, say you'd like to "try out" the Club before you sign over your life savings. And most likely they'll get you in for free for a day...

Absolutely they will not permit that. It's been tried many times. There are no "test drives" of Club 33.

Why not? They don't need to. They figure that if you've applied...you've already either been as a guest...or have done your due diligence, and know exactly what you're getting into.

If after clearing the waitlist, you asked if you could "try it out" first...they'd just tell you, "Sorry, we don't permit that. Do you still wish to proceed with your membership?" All the while knowing that they have tons of others just drooling to get your spot.

Club 33 assumes that if you apply for membership...then you've already firmly made up your mind that you wish to join.

just beatla33
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
There are test drives, I should know, theres two that tried it and work. One guy works right next to me that waited 22 years and it worked for him

Karin
02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure I'd call this an invitation only restaurant. Anyone can become a member, if you have the time (waiting list of something like 5 years!) and the money (many thousands to join, many thousands in yearly dues).

Last I heard the initiation fee was $7,500 and the annual dues were $2,500, making the first year's membership $10,000!

That said, DH and I have been on the waitlist for 4 years now!

Malcon10t
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
There are test drives, I should know, theres two that tried it and work. One guy works right next to me that waited 22 years and it worked for him
Someone is pulling your leg.

Opus1guy
02-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Someone is pulling your leg.

Correct. On both the test drive and the 22 year wait.

disneyhound
02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
...I believe it is the only restaurant in Disneyland to serve alcohol...

My dd and I took the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps". Our tour gave us a quick look at Club 33's lobby and elevator.

After we exited Club 33, our tour guide stopped us at the street sign outside. The area is an actual street created by Walt inside Disneyland, so when he applied for a liquor license, the address would not be directly connected with Disneyland...

findingmickey
02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
we took the "walk in walt's footsteps" tour too! i think it was very informative and a good value. it was really fun to peek inside club 33 and eat lunch on the art gallery patio!

ro :)

bobabooey
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to become a member... I understand the cost and the wait, but I am interested. DARKBEER? Thanks.

cstephens
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM
but then theres the scoundral way, get your name on the waiting list and whenever its your time to join, say you'd like to "try out" the Club before you sign over your life savings

There are a lot easier ways to dine at Club 33.

Opus1guy
02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
After we exited Club 33, our tour guide stopped us at the street sign outside. The area is an actual street created by Walt inside Disneyland, so when he applied for a liquor license, the address would not be directly connected with Disneyland...

Tour Guide totally mistaken (why oh why are Disneyland Tour Guides constantly screwing up Disneyland trivia?).

Club 33 resides within Disneyland on Royal Street in New Orleans Square. Its official name is "Club 33, Royal Street." Its onstage address is "33 Royal Street." I'm sure the Tour Guide took you to a Royal Street sign and told you that story.

And Club 33 did get a liquor license with an separate business address to separate it from Disneyland...so at least the Tour Guide got that part right.

But that address had nothing to do with Royal Street.

Club 33's official business address for it's first liquor license and all other official matters...was "1400 South West Street, Second Floor."

And here is that very liquor license from 1967:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/33liqlic.jpg

So obviously your Tour Guide mixed up the Club's Royal Street address story...with the West Street liquor license address story.

(West Street is now known as Disneyland Drive)

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to become a member... I understand the cost and the wait, but I am interested.

You simply write a letter expressing your desire to become a Member, and mail it to Manager, Club 33 c/o Disneyland's normal mailing address...and you will be put on the waitlist. Current fees and dues are as follows:

Corporate - $20,000 initiation fee; $5,725 annual plus $4,375 annual per additional card issued (up to a max of 9 additional cards)

Limited Company - $10,000 initiation fee; $4,375 annual (only one cardholder allowed)

Gold (individuals) - $7,500 initiation fee; $3,025 annual

...but keep in mind that when you finally clear the waitlist about 8 years from now...those prices will likely be higher.

Mr.Abominable
02-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey Opus 1. I think your Club 33 Tour page is great. I especially enjoy the vintage items. I understand that the GM of Club 33(i won't mention any names) has recently left the Resort. He was a friend of a friend of mine i visited extesively with him last year in the Club. Have you heard why he left or where he is ending up? PS. We have been on the waitlist for two years but are fortunate enough to have visited once already. We loved it!

aricbell
02-08-2007, 04:37 AM
although the enterance to club 33 is right next to the Blue Bayou, isn't the actual restaurant upstairs? I keep seeing gold "EXIT" signs along with people dining up there at night. Also, you can see people on the New Orleans buildings balconys enjoying the view sometimes.

ssturgeo
02-08-2007, 06:24 AM
The entrance is by the Blue Bayou...but....when you go out onto the balcony from the Club 33 dining room, you are across the street from the Bayou and the Club entrance. The staircase winds around and the entrance foyer and buffet run along that part of the Club. I did not explain that very well!! But, the view from the balcony is both interesting, breathtaking, and an experience of a lifetime!

adriennek
02-08-2007, 07:17 AM
The entrance is by the Blue Bayou...but....when you go out onto the balcony from the Club 33 dining room, you are across the street from the Bayou and the Club entrance. The staircase winds around and the entrance foyer and buffet run along that part of the Club. I did not explain that very well!! But, the view from the balcony is both interesting, breathtaking, and an experience of a lifetime!

There are two dining rooms. One is just above the Blue Bayou lobby (go up the C33 stairs and turn right.) This is the trophy room. The second is down a hall (this is where the phone booth from Happiest Millionaire is, restrooms are and the cabinet with merchandise,) then right down the hallway that crosses Royal Street and past the bar.

When you're in front of the Blue Bayou, facing the BB, look up and to the right - this is the hallway to the bar and the bigger dining room.

Adrienne

hbquikcomjamesl
02-08-2007, 07:25 AM
On at least one occasion, while waiting in the standby queue for the Bayou, I've seen a person admitted to the downstairs lobby long enough to pick up a membership application, so they evidently either do, or at least did, allow ordinary guests to step into the lobby for that purpose.

Also, I understand that there are several levels of membership, with differing costs. But even for the least expensive level, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

cstephens
02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Also, I understand that there are several levels of membership, with differing costs. But even for the least expensive level, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

I'm going to disagree. Because this is something unique at Disneyland, most people probably have no idea what even ballpark costs are for membership, and it would be pretty stupid to sign up for a club where you don't even know what it costs. And I would expect that there are quite a few people who *could* afford it, but that doesn't mean they would *choose* to afford it.

adriennek
02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
But even for the least expensive level, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

I personally know a few people who don't have to ask the price of anything. (I know one woman who said that her goal in life was to be so financially secure that she could walk into any store, point to what she wanted and say "I'll take THAT" without having to ask the price. And yes, she can do that.)

But. They do. That's one of the reasons that they've gotten to where they can do it - they can but they don't.

Adrienne
Just don't ask that woman about her new Vera Bradley purses because she's a member of the "AdrienneK is a bad influence" club...

danyoung
02-08-2007, 08:58 AM
When you're a member, are you allowed access to the bar, or is it just for serving the diners?

Leave it to me to ask a drinking question . . .