PDA

View Full Version : One Haunted Mansion complaint

Pages : [1] 2

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I went on Anaheim's yesterday and LOVED the new wedding photos of the bride with the disappearing husbands and then seeing her with her ax.

However there was also one change for the worse. The paintings you walk past to get to the doom buggies no longer gradually change, but instantly change with lightning. I used to enjoy lingering in that hallway and then being the last in my group to get on. (Usually with an empty buggy or two in between.) Maybe that's why they changed it.:|

just beatla33
02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
nah lightning is much better

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm old. My attention-span is better suited to take in the subtle, gradual changes. Sorry, can't write any more--I wanna get back to my stamp collection before my Perry Como tape is runs out. (Seriously, I was driving subs before your first birthday.)

aricbell
02-06-2007, 04:44 PM
My only complaint about the Haunted Mansion (and this one really bugs me for some odd reason) is how your in the hallway, going to the doombuggies, when the hallway just dissappears and everything turns black...I think the Imagineers should have made this part alittle more realistic, for instance, you are in the library when you enter the doombuggie instead of a "black" space.

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 04:47 PM
My only complaint about the Haunted Mansion (and this one really bugs me for some odd reason) is how your in the hallway, going to the doombuggies, when the hallway just dissappears and everything turns black...I think the Imagineers should have made this part alittle more realistic, for instance, you are in the library when you enter the doombuggie instead of a "black" space.
But the doombuggies themselves are realistic?

I like the bat stands that hold up the ropes.

just beatla33
02-07-2007, 07:08 AM

to add to that, you're in the house it self, so where you get on and to the right of the buggies is just a black wall with green lighting effect, there should be least a painted mural of inside the house, or huge windows that peer outside or something, anything instead of just a black wall and the green light

DisneylandForever
02-07-2007, 07:10 AM
The paintings you walk past to get to the doom buggies no longer gradually change, but instantly change with lightning.

I like it better that way. It's old school.

june1st1997
02-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I love the black vast nothingness where you enter the doom buggies. I find it creepy. It's just black. I seem to remember a lone cast member standing at the base of the stairs, which also gave me the willies.

jcruise86
02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I love the black vast nothingness where you enter the doom buggies. I find it creepy. It's just black. . .
Good call.

spectromen
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I believe that the flickering change of the portraits was the original way the ride opened, so they were attempting to return the attracion to it's "normal state" (to borrow from Inner Space). Granted, I'm all for returning old features, but I also admit I like the slow change style better :(

sqlwed6
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
I went on Anaheim's yesterday and LOVED the new wedding photos of the bride with the disappearing husbands and then seeing her with her ax.

However there was also one change for the worse. The paintings you walk past to get to the doom buggies no longer gradually change, but instantly change with lightning. I used to enjoy lingering in that hallway and then being the last in my group to get on. (Usually with an empty buggy or two in between.) Maybe that's why they changed it.:|

the orginal was the flickering pictures, they only changed to the slowly activated ones because people were to slow to see the change, which is their own problem, so instead they decided to slow it down and revert back and forth. Then it would hold up the line because Disneyland is becoming more popular then ever and expecting more crowds. And its just a faster load up speed. But since the 50th revovation they decided to go back to the original flickering because there were many fans that missed the lightning effect and its best to switch back since it makes more sense the pictures changing matching the lighting because to go with the mood with the mansion lightning is pretty scary to some.

If Disneyland decideds to go back to normal, it should be with Pirates first before anything.

findingmickey
02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
i remember once when i was younger there was actually a cast member in the hallway (dressed i think in a suit of armor) and when the buggy turned he scared the $%@ outta me! did this happen to anyone else? i'm talking years ago...maybe 15? ever since i prepare myself in the hallway just incase...and try to peek around the side just to see if anyone is there. they scarred me for life LOL!

i like the wedding room too! i took a picture of the bride and my flash accidentally went off. you can see this picture in the "extras" section of my website (link in sig). interesting photo i think!

ro ;)

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 06:11 AM
i remember once when i was younger there was actually a cast member in the hallway (dressed i think in a suit of armor) and when the buggy turned he scared the $%@ outta me! did this happen to anyone else? i'm talking years ago...maybe 15? ever since i prepare myself in the hallway just incase...and try to peek around the side just to see if anyone is there. they scarred me for life LOL!

i like the wedding room too!. . .
In the early to mid 80s when I worked there a friend of mine was a character (often Pluto), but from time to time he was also assigned to be the knight. He would just stand there as the doombuggies passed and wait for obnoxious teens to reach out for him. Then he'd yell, "I'm alive!" and grab at them. He enjoyed his job.

lilfaeriebrat
02-08-2007, 07:50 AM
If Disneyland decideds to go back to normal, it should be with Pirates first before anything.

AYE!

remember once when i was younger there was actually a cast member in the hallway (dressed i think in a suit of armor) and when the buggy turned he scared the $%@ outta me! did this happen to anyone else? i'm talking years ago...maybe 15? ever since i prepare myself in the hallway just incase...and try to peek around the side just to see if anyone is there. they scarred me for life LOL!

I remember that happening when I was very little but no one else remembers it so I thought I just imagined it.

just beatla33
02-08-2007, 07:52 AM
it was just for a brief time, I think there was a vampire to, that I could be wrong about, but to many complaints about it and the extra salary soon put a stop to that which sucks

DisneylandForever
02-08-2007, 07:53 AM
i remember once when i was younger there was actually a cast member in the hallway (dressed i think in a suit of armor) and when the buggy turned he scared the $%@ outta me! did this happen to anyone else?

While I remember that happening to me very clearly, for some reason I thought they only did that for DL's 30th. I do remember it didn't last too long.

I don't think I've ever heard women screaming louder!

Janie
02-08-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm old. My attention-span is better suited to take in the subtle, gradual changes. Sorry, can't write any more--I wanna get back to my stamp collection before my Perry Como tape is runs out.Don't you mean your Perry Como record?;)

findingmickey
02-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I remember that happening when I was very little but no one else remembers it so I thought I just imagined it.

LOL...me too! i knew i wasn't the only one! ;) ;) ;)

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Don't you mean your Perry Como record?;)
No, tape--8 Track. I beleve that Como sounds best on 8 Track.
:geek:

hbquikcomjamesl
02-08-2007, 07:06 PM
It is no secret on these boards that I loathe and despise the whole "axe-murdering bride" scenario that was so rudely grafted onto the HM. The other changes to the attraction I could take or leave, but whoever inflicted the new backstory on the attraction ought to become the new "Ghost Host." As in hanging himself from the rafters over the elevator.

Maus
02-08-2007, 07:14 PM

I, too, remember it well and think about it every time I go by that spot. In my old age I think it would have been a heart attack waiting to happen.

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
It is no secret on these boards that I loathe and despise the whole "axe-murdering bride" scenario that was so rudely grafted onto the HM. The other changes to the attraction I could take or leave, but whoever inflicted the new backstory on the attraction ought to become the new "Ghost Host." As in hanging himself from the rafters over the elevator.
How can you appreciate the hanging from the rafters and not embrace the ax murderer twist? I was impressed by the disappearing husbands and the ax-wielding bride. And I always thought the things that just jumped up in that room were unworthy of the HM and better suited to a cheap state fair haunted house.

And what with the "It's no secret on these boards that I loath and despise [redundant]. . ."
No secret?
So does that mean that you believe that your position on the HM is common knowledge? Sure, we often repeat Opus1guy's stance on the relative prices of the parks and hotels, and all of us are aware of The Old Man's stand on "Free Hugs," but your arguments on the HM will fade away along with my editorial on Fast Passes and "SnowPink's" declaration on Dumbo.
"No secret" indeed!

jcruise86
02-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Dear "hbquikcomjames,"
In the couple of minutes since posting my rude refutation of your anti-ax stand, several Mouseplaneteers have written me private messages informing me that your views on the changes in the attic are, in fact, well-known and that you are not someone I want to offend, lest I risk banishment from all Disney parks for life for me, my relatives, and my descendants.
I didn't know!
Please forgive me.
JCruise86

yohomama212
02-08-2007, 07:28 PM
jcruise-
Not all of us have been around forever! I wasn't aware of this "well-known loathing" either. I think some people get really passionate about their opinions and when there's no faces to connect to these names, after awhile it becomes really hard to remember who said what when.

Liz :cool:

just beatla33
02-09-2007, 07:50 AM
no one should really be dissapointed, since there was no offical story to the ride, just myths from fans. So changing the attic scene didn't effect the story at all, but just adds to the myth collection of what happened. If you have anything to be mad at, is the referb of the POTC since they totally changed that story line, am I right.