PDA

View Full Version : Mold on Pirates?

jcruise86
02-05-2007, 11:29 PM
This is probably nothing, and if so I hope this thread quickly vanishes the way unpopular threads do. But I'm curious--when the boats on Pirates go up the long hill (after seeing Jack Sparrow with "his" treasure) before turning, passing the parrot and map and unloading guests, what's the dark stuff on the walls above the downward flowing water? It's not mold, is it?
Just curious.

backsthepack
02-06-2007, 03:33 AM
Ick! I would hope not. I would assume that it could be a possible problem due to the moisture building up on such a dark, wet ride.

Monte Cristo
02-06-2007, 06:16 AM
I would think not. I can see spots here or there cropping up, but something so large and obvious? Also, I would think it would be a health violation.

geoffa
02-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Given that the water is chlorinated can't see how mould would thrive. Sure it's not just part of the decor?

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 07:21 AM
It was too dark for me to clearly see, but it looked like a dark stain about a foot wide and over 20 feet long--if I remember correctly, and I might not. It may have been part of the authentic dusty and stained N.O. Square decor. I didn't notice any unhealthy odors, but I'm was just curious.

I hope that someone goes on POTC in the next couple days and reports back, "Nope. Definitely not mold." Again, I did notice that the wall was darker above the downward flowing water as we were going uphill and I was just curious.

Lekta
02-06-2007, 08:48 AM
I would assume that it is only the condensation build up. The evaporated water would rise, thus accumulating on the ceiling of the upward ramp. Just a guess, but I assume there is no mold.

Bolivar
02-06-2007, 10:05 AM
If water is evaporating and then condensing on the ceiling, which I imagine is happening, would the evaporated and condensed water contain any chlorine? I have never really thought about it before, but it would seem that mold would be a pretty big issue on that ride. But wouldn't you think they would have a strict cleaning schedule to keep it at bay?

The old man
02-06-2007, 10:12 AM
If water is evaporating and then condensing on the ceiling, which I imagine is happening, would the evaporated and condensed water contain any chlorine?
No.

Another Dimension
02-06-2007, 11:55 AM
If it's mold... and it's within hands reach ;),
taste a sample...:eek:, it might be good...:confused:, and then ya never know... it might be good! :geek:

Just kidding... :p

Or write to DL, complain about the potential health issue. :)

Bolivar
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Who knows maybe the mold would be healthy. Penicillin is made from mold.

ladodgerjon
02-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Those marks have been there for AGES. I've always assumed it was a bit of art direction intended to represent an aging facade.

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Those marks have been there for AGES. I've always assumed it was a bit of art direction intended to represent an aging facade.
That's good enough for me. Then again, I was delighted when Cruella insulted me yesterday, and I used to PAY to be painfully shocked by WDW's shocking machine (the one with the two knobs--not the one with the two bars you moved together) in the Penny Arcade. In other words, I like a little danger in Disney. And maybe (if it is mold, WHICH IT ISN'T! ) some mold IS good for you.
:fez: