PDA

View Full Version : Cruella actress is outstanding!

Pages : [1] 2

jcruise86
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I spent today (Monday, Feb. 5) at Disneyland and I had the pleasure of being insulted by Cruella on Main Street. The woman who portrays her is hilarious and inventive, with amazing energy. She's like the anti-character in that she seems repulsed by any kids who dare approach her.
She made me any many other guests laugh out loud. Later I saw her riding the double-decker bus and screaming at guests to get out of the way. Disneyland is really lucky to have this most entertaining character portraying one of their most entertaining characters!

backsthepack
02-06-2007, 03:33 AM
I love that character! She never fails to crack us up.

Stupid_American
02-06-2007, 05:22 AM
There are a few Cruellas.
Although I have a favorite, all are pretty good.

DisneyPrincessCat
02-06-2007, 06:32 AM
:D We were watching the jazz band at the firehouse last week and here comes Cruella with a bright red hat and red feather boa to humilate someone. I pointed at my 6ft 1in 200lb DH and she grabbed him, put the hat on his head, wrapped the boa around him and made him dance!!!! OMG!!LOL It was one of the funniest things I have seen!:p :p Cruella is the best face character, one of the CMs told us she stays in character even when she is offstage! She is truly a gifted performer and a hoot! I have some great video of hubby dancing a booty dance now with Cruella! I love her! She really made our day! But then I love all the characters and try to get pics with every one of em when I am at DL. I am just a big 53 yr old kid!! Smile. Aren't we all at Disneyland? Go Cruella!!!! You rock!!!!
sues

ssturgeo
02-06-2007, 07:14 AM
I saw Cruella in November and ended up watching her for quite a while!! she was wonderful. She asked one little girl if she had any puppies at home, and the look on the child's face was priceless. I know she was convinced it WAS Cruella!!!

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 07:24 AM
There are a few Cruellas.
Although I have a favorite, all are pretty good.
ATTENTION ALL: please post photos of the different Cruellas who have RECENTLY performed. (2007 & late 2006 please.) I'd join a fan club for the one we saw! She deserves a cult following!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-06-2007, 07:25 AM
My daughter ran up to Cruella on Main Street for a picture. She stumbled on her way up and stepped on Cruella's red shoe, which she (Cruella) proceded to wipe off on my daughters pant leg with a really disgusted look on her face, telling her "its Italian leather darling, must not step on the shoes".

For the photo my daughter is beaming from ear to ear, Cruella, looks utterly disgusted to be standing next to a child, totally in character and totally awesome.

Tinkermommy
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
I have a photo from a few years ago of my daughter with Cruella -- sort of. Wanting to be the center of attention, of course, Cruella tossed her cape open so it covered my daughter. It was hilarious! All you can see is her little princess tennies. I love it!

DisneyPrincessCat
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these Cruella stories! She is the greatest, isn't she? I'll post my photo when I can get them all into the pooter and figure out how to transfer it here. I am lame with technical stuff, man gotta hire that geek on call soon to learn me the techniques for posting pics and doing cool things with the computer! I promise to try to get mine on soon, hubby is somewhat of a computer geek and may, the working term here is MAY, be able to get them on to photobucket and over to here. I AM looking forward to all the pics of Cruella, one of my fave gals at the park!:) Not hubby's though. After that dance he wants nothing more to do with her EVER again....That red boa did it.:mad: Bwahahaha.....:~D
sues

oregontraveler
02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
My story is from 2004. She was at her trailer in DCA doing photo ops. After
the picture, I turned to her and said "the pleasure is all yours" and walked off. Her expression was priceless.

raediance
02-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I know she is so funny! I have pictures of her not smiling. Lol. x)

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 02:51 PM
So I'm not the only one who thinks she's the greatest. I hereby announce the formation of "Cruella's Cult
Following"!
Now who wants to make the buttons?

Let the folklore begin. I am making this up, but. . .
The Cruella I saw yesterday was originally hired to work on Small World. She received a record-smashing 70 guest complaints during her first day on the job. A lead confronted her with a "home video" of her screaming at some elderly guests who were getting on: "It's SMALL World, not SLOW World!" Rather than fire her they realized that they had found the perfect Cruella.

raediance
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM
good one! =]

PirateSmile
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
My four year old cousin hates Cruella with a passion now that she's met her. She sees her and glares at her and/or hides. I didn't get to see her when she met her, so I don't know what happened, but it's kind of cute.

mariezp
02-06-2007, 06:15 PM
My family was at Disneyland in December. Alex is a teenager girl that is a friend of my sons who made the trip with us. She is a pretty young thing with naturally curly hair. This particular day she was hanging out with me and my 6year old daughter when we spotted Cruella on Main Street. We went over to meet her and she shouts to Alex...."What's that on your head? A couple of dead poodles?" Cruel but hilarious! She proceeded to just keep right on shouting at people clear across the street. She was great! It is amazing how she can come up with those insults so fast. Definetly one of the most memorable character interactions we have had.

Bytebear
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I only could find 2 pictures of Cruella, and I don't know if either are current CMs.

Picture 1 (http://www.pbase.com/jennifernicholson/image/62086443)
Gallery with another Cruella (http://www.disneycastmagic.com/galleries/2006-07-26-britt/)

jcruise86
02-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I only could find 2 pictures of Cruella, and I don't know if either are current CMs.

Picture 1 (http://www.pbase.com/jennifernicholson/image/62086443)
Gallery with another Cruella (http://www.disneycastmagic.com/galleries/2006-07-26-britt/)
Thanks, Bytebear! Good photos! But neither was the Cruella I saw.
Perhaps if she lost her Italian shoe (see post above) we could match her with it. I hope someone posts a very recent Cruella photo.

I wish that the Cruella I saw had a short (five minute?) late-night talk show that aired on The Disney Channel late at night. It could be used as filler between shows like the Dan Zanes videos in the morning. Cruella could interview celebrities and ridicule their clothes and charity work, and they could show her welcoming guests on Main Street. If someone followed the Cruella I saw with a video camera on Main Street for three days I'm certain they would get at least 20 minutes of outstanding, laugh outloud comedy. (And imagine HER with a microphone on an awards show red carpet!) Then Disney could include the best of these Cruella videos the next time they re-release "101 Dalmations."

And pardon my digression, but I'd also like to see segments about the extraordinary actor who plays the Genie in DCA's excellent Aladdin show. Live entertainers have become my favorite part of Disneyland!

Koukla
02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
So I'm not the only one who thinks she's the greatest. I hereby announce the formation of "Cruella's Cult
Following"!
Now who wants to make the buttons?

Let the folklore begin. I am making this up, but. . .
The Cruella I saw yesterday was originally hired to work on Small World. She received a record-smashing 70 guest complaints during her first day on the job. A lead confronted her with a "home video" of her screaming at some elderly guests who were getting on: "It's SMALL World, not SLOW World!" Rather than fire her they realized that they had found the perfect Cruella.

Coming soon to a Snopes.com page near you! Very creative, jcruise. I love Cruella! She'd be my dream character to play. I'll make sure to look out for her now. I raised ten puppies over the summer and will be sure and have some photos on hand of my twelve dogs with which to taunt her--in one of those plastic foldout wallet photo holder type things. This could be fun! :~D

IdahoMike
02-07-2007, 08:31 AM
The one in the gallery of pictures is the Cruella we met in January. She was fabulous! Stayed in character the whole time, made a disgusted face for our picture, and called my 1 y/o "filthy" because he had chocolate around his mouth!

my2princesses
02-07-2007, 09:01 AM
We saw Cruella in DCA last February. After taking a picture with my oldest DD she turned to me as I was holding our baby and she said "Is that yours? Next time just get a puppy Darling, they're much quiter". It was hilarious how she said it:) I defintely love the cruella character and hope we see here again this year.

Michelle

boisetoDL
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
We were there in January. She asked my son if he had any pets. When he told her that he had fish she leaned over and quietly said, "I heard Ariel smells like sushi!"

I'll try to add a photo later this afternoon

jcruise86
02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
. . . I'll try to add a photo later this afternoon
Thanks in advance!

boisetoDL
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Here you go, she is the one in the middle.:p

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/kkboise/6-12%20items/IMG_2656.jpg

alexandrasmom
02-07-2007, 04:46 PM
I know this is from a while ago (Jan. 2006), but still fun. She was an awesome cruella too.

http://www.ssb9.net/users/37739/dsc00061.jpg

APiratesLife4Me
02-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I think Cruella is by far one of the best character around disney, I also love Captain Hook the one that does the Character Breakfast was sooo fun!