PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry to DCA

jlanut
02-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know if CA has any early entry days?? I know I could call disneyland and find out but that isn't any fun:)

VickiC
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Only if you are staying at the Grand Californian.

Goosegirl
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
We stayed at the PPH last year and had EE for CA.

Darkbeer
02-06-2007, 05:51 AM
There is no official Early Entry for DCA.

The Park gates normally open at 9:30 AM, and they have the Sunshine Plaza area available for the Rope Drop at 10 AM. The GCH entrance also opens at 9:30 AM for Disney Hotel guests.

Soarin' over California also opens up at 9:30 AM, so the ride is available for guests waiting for the Rope Drop daily.

The old man
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM
There is no official Early Entry for DCA.

The Park gates normally open at 9:30 AM, and they have the Sunshine Plaza area available for the Rope Drop at 10 AM. The GCH entrance also opens at 9:30 AM for Disney Hotel guests.

Soarin' over California also opens up at 9:30 AM, so the ride is available for guests waiting for the Rope Drop daily.
I'm not sure I understand this. It sounds like you're saying that they let you into the park at 9:30am just up into the plaza. But then you say that SOC is open at 9:30 so you can go past the plaza into that area.

Darkbeer
02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Both Park Entrances are open, so there is a rope at the entrance to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area (the large Arch), another rope just west of the Large Sun Sculpture along the Parade Route, and the third rope is just south of the Grand Californian Hotel Park Entrance (near the GRR Lockers). the Condor Flats area is open, to allow Hotel Guests to get to the Sunshine Plaza area, and the coffee shop (Baker's Field Bakery) which opens at 9:30 AM. Since Soarin' is the only attraction in the roped off area, Disney decided to start operating it at the same time. It isn't too labor intensive or expensive to operate.

Hope that explains it better...

The old man
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
You always have the details--thanks.:)

jlanut
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM
thanks for the help