PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Railroad down for another 6 weeks?!

LOZZYPOP
02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
I just notice from the DLR update that the railroad is expected to be closed 6 weeks past the 29 March date that was first listed for refurbishment.

We are going in May and I had resigned myself to no Splash, no TSI and no Fantasmic. You have to accept the closures to enjoy the benefits of the off season.

But my four year old loves trains and I was so looking forward to taking her on it. :crying:

Is there any point in my hoping for an earlier opening?

Bytebear
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, if it is closed, you have other trains to choose from: Casey Jr., Heimlich's Chew Chew, Big Thunder (well to watch anyway).

VickiC
02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Most 4 year olds are tall enough for Big Thunder.

But that is a long time for the train to be down, it is a central feature of the park.

Donald Duck Fan68
02-05-2007, 07:55 PM
It's closed from Feb 5 - March 29. Then, if all goes as planned, it is supposed to open again from March 30 - May 16. It will close again on May 17 for an uncertain amount of time (probably for however long it takes to get the Nemo ride up and running).

Will you be there before May 17th?

LOZZYPOP
02-06-2007, 07:07 PM
We will be there May 12-17 so I sure hope you are right!

I know there are other trains in the parks but I remember the DLR from my childhood and it just seems right to take my little girl on a tour 'round the park on it if at all possible.

darph nader
02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
The 'groundhog' must have seen his shadow.:crying:

geoffa
02-07-2007, 03:19 AM
You might want to consider a trip to Griffith Park if your daughter is really into trains. A great collection of all kinds of locomotives:

http://www.steamlocomotive.com/losangeles/

Its not too far from DL - located between Golden State and Hollywood freeways in the heart of L.A.