PDA

View Full Version : Restaraunts To & From HoJo's

jeffthechef
02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
For our next trip to The Land, we have chosen to stay off-property at HoJo's. Can anyone provide the names of their favorite eateries inbetween the gates and the Hotel?

And yes, Mimi's is already a given:). Thanks a bunch!

Malcon10t
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
For our next trip to The Land, we have chosen to stay off-property at HoJo's. Can anyone provide the names of their favorite eateries inbetween the gates and the Hotel?

And yes, Mimi's is already a given:). Thanks a bunch!Mimi's!! OK, since its a given... There is also McD's, which isn't bad for an ice cream on the walk back. Millie's gets good reviews from some and bad from others. Personally, I haven't eaten there cause I like Mimi's. Quizno's is now open at the Carousel, if you want to grab a sandwich on the way back. Oh, and you can call Mimi's on your way out of the park and order take out and it will be ready when you get there to take back to the room. (Can you tell we've done this? (714) 956-2223)

SiRocket
02-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Mimi's!! OK, since its a given... There is also McD's, which isn't bad for an ice cream on the walk back. Millie's gets good reviews from some and bad from others. Personally, I haven't eaten there cause I like Mimi's. Quizno's is now open at the Carousel, if you want to grab a sandwich on the way back. Oh, and you can call Mimi's on your way out of the park and order take out and it will be ready when you get there to take back to the room. (Can you tell we've done this? (714) 956-2223)

i was going to suggest the same thing... i do it all the time :fez:

Lekta
02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
You need another option beside MiMis?? They are the greatest!

There is Millies cafe right next to it and it serves decent food.

jeffthechef
02-05-2007, 12:48 PM

We are going to be there for 6 days. Mimi's will eventually get really old...

Any Pizza places in the vicinity? Also, how far is Tony Roma's?

Malcon10t
02-05-2007, 01:05 PM

We are going to be there for 6 days. Mimi's will eventually get really old...

Any Pizza places in the vicinity? Also, how far is Tony Roma's?Tony Roma's is good. Cross the crosswalk and turn right for 2-3 minutes. Maybe a 10 minute walk from Hojos.

If you are really adventurous, you could try Captain Kidd's. You'd go back to Mimis pretty fast! There's also iHop and Denny's. But I would choose McDs over them.

Otherwise, DTD is a better choice. Or catch a ride down to Outback and Red Robin.

Wendi
02-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Mimi's!

Darkbeer
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
The OCTA bus, Route 43 goes up and down Harbor. Just take it to Chapman and enjoy Joe's Crab Shack, (next to Outback and Red Robin), or just north of Chapman is Buca di Beppo, a great family Italian Restaurant. But yes, Mimi's is the best choice.

ladodgerjon
02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm a ribs guy, so Tony Roma's gets my vote. It's a three minute walk south (along Harbor) from HoJo's.

Denny's just opened-up (also near Tony Roma's).

McD's ALWAYS seems busy and understaffed.

If you have a car, there's a Buca de Beppe (sp?) Italian restaurant about 3/4's of a mile south on Harbor.

Malcon10t
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Denny's just opened-up (also near Tony Roma's)Another Denny's???

rentayenta
02-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Mimi's is the only decent place. If you have a car it would be well worth traveling to In n Out burger!

DaddyB
02-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Mimi's has a Monte Cristo sandwhich, too!

Denny's has been there for ages, and is a popular hang out for castmembers after hours.

I'd be surprised if Tony Roma's is even a one minute walk from the crosswalk from Disneyland... but call it three to be safe. Ten minute walk from Hojo's is probably about right.