PDA

View Full Version : Some line jumping, But overall a very polite week at Disneyland

DisneyPrincessCat
02-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Well, it happened again. I was in line at the Princess Fantasy Fair queue for pictures and all of a sudden there was a woman with three daughters in front of me. I don't know how she got there, because you have to enter from one side and exit out another side and it is all fenced in. She was NOT in the queue with the rest of us. I think she came in from the exit and somehow made it past the CM. I was just about to step up to Snow White when she shoved her two youngest at Snow White. I waited, no problemo and when I got up to Snow White she smiled so sweetly and said "Thank you for being so patient!". I said it was no problem, a princess in training needs to learn patience! LOL The woman spoke no ingles (english) and maybe that had something to do with it, she did not understand the language. This has happened soooooo... many times to me I cannot count anymore. People jumping in line in front of me because I have no children and they ASSUME I am just waiting for someone else. Most of the queues for characters this last week were VERY orderly and no problem at all, the accompanying CMs kept people in line and did NOT allow line jumpers. I even saw some parents pull their kids back and say, "No honey, we have to wait in line like everyone else." when the child tried to run up in front of other people who were next. The real problem with the line jumping woman at Princess Fantasy Faire...Her kids pictures ended up on my photo pass!!!!!:rolleyes: I have these random photos of these kids with the princess that I don't even know! Oh well, overall the lines were very manageable last week and it was quiet and NOT crowded and we had lots of fun without being squished and bumped by crowds. I love the off season!!!!!! No more Christmas trips for us, it was pretty, and magical, but impossible to move. Generally speaking, people seemed much more polite last week.:) Is that a by-product of having enough room to breathe? Are we as humans more polite during the off season? Well, anyway, can't wait til March, we will be going back for a quick weekend trip! I miss it already.:crying:
susi-Q

DisneyPrincessCat
02-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Oh, and is it possible to remove those pix from my photopass. I don't want to order the disc with them on it. Does anyone know? Ever had this problem before?
sues

bobabooey
02-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Have not been to DL in a long time... 20 years or so. Going back in May. Is line cutting a big deal? If so, I will not deal with that well.:mad:

Wendi
02-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Maybe the CM knew they cut in line and chose not to make their photos available to them on purpose! hehehe I don't know if you can delete the photos, I can't remember what options were on photopass.

The old man
02-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Have not been to DL in a long time... 20 years or so. Going back in May. Is line cutting a big deal? If so, I will not deal with that well.:mad:
No.

geoffa
02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
To Susislickermouse - anyone with an art package on their computer can remove any unwanted images from a photograph. Whether Disney could do that prior to you purchasing the disk - you'll have to ask. And just because someone doesn't speak the dominant language at the park that's NO excuse. Good manners should be multi lingual.

Re line cutting. It only happens if you allow it. If you're not prepared to challenge it then those who do it treat you as a sap. At Disneyland Paris, some kids tried it on Space Mountain. They were wearing backpacks which made it very handy to grab the straps and remove the offending blighters!

DisneyPrincessCat
02-06-2007, 07:05 AM
For the most part part line cutting is NOT a problem at DL. I have only experienced it once at Peter Pan and it was two teenagers who slipped in under the ropes in front of hubby. We had made contact with the people in front and behind us so we knew who was in line. Hubby FIRMLY told the girls to skedaddle. They whined that their friends were up front, riiiiiigggghhhtt...and they just wanted to try to catch up. Hubby said get out of the line and go to the back like everyone else. They meekly slunk (?) slinked (?) (LOL) away. I have had trouble with character lines only because I am a 53 yr old adult and it never seems to sink into some people's heads that I might want my and my husband's pictures with the characters. They will get in line in front of me when I have no child with me, and I will will firmly tell them I AM in line and they need to get in line at the end not in front of other people. Some will pretend they did not hear me, most will smile and comply and we end up chatting about how fun the characters are!:D I LOVE having my picture taken with characters, it IS one of the MAIN reasons I go to DL, to interact with all my favorite people and animals and monsters on earth!!!!!!:) :) MOST people are great. I have found overall at DL there is little line jumping for the rides, at least in our experience, but if we caught one at Peter Pan, you know it IS happening to some extent. It probably happens more during really busy times. The lines were so short last week it only took a couple minutes to get on alot of them and Pirates was literally a walk-on, as was Haunted Mansion. I cannot speak for many of the other Fantasyland attractions, they tend to be more crowded with lots of kids and there were longer lines, but a friend who had his 6 yr old son with him had no problem getting on any rides in F-Land in very little wait time! They rode Dumbo three times one ride right after the other with very little wait time. Kid loved Dumbo....heheheheheh! The little guy also loves Pirates, his favorite ride of all and must have gone on that ride a dozen times over a two day period, the little pirate!!!! Very cute! The worst guests last week were all from another country and they came all together in a huge group, spoke NO engrish and spread out all over the park. We had a little problem with them trying to get in front of us in lines at gift shops, and for photos at the partners statue and in food lines, NOT attractions. And even then, a few of the group asked us very politely if we would take their pictures or for directions. Soooooo...it was not the whole group, no assumptions made about that particular culture. There are bad seeds in every corner of the world. Disneyland, thankfully has very few bad seeds. For the most part, everyone was well behaved. I guess it must be the lack of crowds and the room to move. I have experienced rude behavior at very busy times, but not so much during less crowded times. Do not worry about rude line jumpers at DL. It only happens if you let it and not very often. DL is the greatest, because it is the one and only original!!!!!! We love WDW also, but our heart does really belong to Uncle Walt's first park creation.:p :p
sues

DisneyPrincessCat
02-06-2007, 07:10 AM
And I agree Geoffa, you must deal with the offenders, love the backpack strap technique...note to self-(must try Geoffa's line removal system when applicable) :fez: Thanks Geoffa, I will try to contact Disney photo pass people to see if the pics can be removed. I admit I am lame when it comes to anything remotely technical regarding the pooter. I just type (and not very well!) and post and print! I am going to hire one of those Geeks on Call peeps and have them teach me about all that cool stuff. I'll take notes, so I won't forget! Hahahahahahahaha....
sues