PDA

View Full Version : weird question re: face characters' voices in other countries

AngelBear
02-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Okay, I was watching clips of The Unbirthday Song from Alice in a bunch of different languages, and it made me think of the Mad Hatter in Disneyland. Love the voice! But in all the clips, the Mad Hatter's voice sounds so different for each language. Like in the Portuguese clip, the voice is quite high-pitched compared to the English one.

So what I'm wondering is, would the Mad Hatter face character in Tokyo, for example, sound different from Disneyland's Mad Hatter? They wouldn't all adopt the English-version voice, would they? I mean, I know they would speak in the country's official language, but would they talk like the character did in that country's version of the film, or do all Mad Hatters at all Disney parks sound relatively the same?

Just a strange question I never thought about before. It's making me giggle a little just to ask, but I can't help it, I'm curious. :geek:

(Oh, I found the clips on YouTube if any of you would like to see them too. I think my favorite is the March Hare's voice in the German clip. Great casting on that one!)