PDA

View Full Version : Bengal BBQ gone and River Belle Terrace questions

Pages : [1] 2

kimc0486
02-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I read awhile back (somewhere, maybe here?) about Bengal BBQ being taken away and River Belle Terrace (I believe thats the name, or whatever one that is right above Bengal) getting remodeled into a two-story restaurant. Has that happened at all? Will it still? Thanks!

disneyhound
02-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Nope! We ate at Bengal BBQ on 1/26/07... :p

yohomama212
02-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh my! I hope they don't take out the Bengal BBQ! That's one of my fave places for a snack! I think I might be forced to stage some sort of protest if they ever do that! :rolleyes: Not that I'm dramatic like that or anything!;)

Liz :cool:

Rkkm
02-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Just ate there on Thursday and things looked very long-term. However, given the increasing numbers of folks visitng the park, I can imagine that the Great Disney Minds are looking to expand the food income possibilities. So, doing away with the little dinky stand and its 20 or so chairs would seem likely. Hope not, though.

But - if they incorporated the Bengal BBQ food (especially the aspargus with the bacon wrap kabob) into the River Belle Terrace menu, I would not complain at all!

stan4d_steph
02-05-2007, 05:53 AM
See this recent thread regarding Riverbelle Terrace (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=65775&highlight=river+belle).

Pat-n-Eil
02-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Here's the pertinent quote from the article that was linked from the linked article linked above..

"...For a while now we have included in the Refurbishment and Closure schedule the rumor that River Belle Terrace would close this fall to begin a renovation into a completely updated two-story restaurant. As part of such a project, Bengal Barbecue would also likely close permanently. While the project still seems to be in the pipeline it now appears to have been pushed off to late 2007 in favor of other Foods projects under consideration. So, for now, that rumor is off the schedule."

Susan L
04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Our last visit was Feb 06. When we were there the Bengal BBQ was to close. I've noticed a couple of times on the official site that they have it as still being there. Did it close?

Andrew
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Our last visit was Feb 06. When we were there the Bengal BBQ was to close. I've noticed a couple of times on the official site that they have it as still being there. Did it close?
It was there as of last weekend. I believe the closure has been postponed indefinitely.

Baloo
04-21-2007, 01:09 AM
The project has been pushed back till 2008 to 2009 if it does happen.

bloodnswash
04-21-2007, 05:55 AM
We had heard that Bengal BBQ was closing and had never had their food. Last trip my husband got some (said it was pretty darn good). He will get it again on our May 5 trip. And so will our son....it will be his first time :) I don't like BBQ food so I get the chicken strips over by the Golden Horseshoe. If/when it closes, now that my husband has had it, I think he will be pretty bummed that it is gone.

adriennek
04-21-2007, 08:19 AM
I don't like BBQ food so I get the chicken strips over by the Golden Horseshoe.

Bacon. Wrapped. Asparagus.

Nuff said.

Adrienne

four4disney
04-21-2007, 08:56 AM

Nuff said.

Adrienne

Where is this sold? :D

adriennek
04-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Where is this sold? :D

Bengal BBQ. :)

Adrienne

cstephens
04-21-2007, 11:08 AM
OK, I like bacon and I like asparagus, but their bacon wrapped asparagus doesn't do that much for me. Too much bacon, not enough asparagus.

sierranevada
04-21-2007, 05:31 PM

Nuff said.

Adrienne

My favorite thing!!!!!

Drince88
04-21-2007, 05:34 PM
OK, I like bacon and I like asparagus, but their bacon wrapped asparagus doesn't do that much for me. Too much bacon, not enough asparagus.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one! (especially for the price)

Andrew
04-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Too much bacon
I know the words, but I have never seen them together. What does this mean?

Sprunkn7
04-22-2007, 07:13 AM

Nuff said.

Adrienne

I agree, the best food in both parks in my very humble opinion!!

JeffG
04-22-2007, 02:04 PM

I was thinking that the bacon-wrapped asparagus would be best if I could order it "hold the asparagus"...

-Jeff

Clotho
04-22-2007, 06:18 PM

LOLROFL! I was thinking the same thing, Andrew! *what the...?*

I love the laughs I get here at Mousepad. ;)

I had the bacon-wrapped-whatever (I love asparagus, but it could be anything wrapped in bacon and it would rock my world) last time I went to DLR, and sadly it had been flash-charcoaled into a crispy burnt concoction with slabs of uncooked fat hanging off it. I was disappointed. I would have gone back and had them replaced, but hubby had fought his way through crowds to bring it to me as I held our spot for Fantasmic, and there was NO WAY to get back.

I did enjoy the chicken skewers hubby had, though. And I will definitely try the BWA(haha!) again next time!:fez:

Baloo
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
bacon wrapped asparagus are actually not that unusual.

upper class restuarants serve them. They are aslo sometimes wrapped in other meats

or you could find aspargus wrapped in several things

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Spears

Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles

the food network has several recipes online for those interested

cstephens
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I was thinking that the bacon-wrapped asparagus would be best if I could order it "hold the asparagus"...

And if they just offered bacon on a skewer, that would be fine, but if they're going to advertise having asparagus, I want to be able to taste the asparagus.

adriennek
04-22-2007, 09:37 PM

I owe you a hug back :D

bacon wrapped asparagus are actually not that unusual.

upper class restuarants serve them. They are aslo sometimes wrapped in other meats

But it's very handy to be able to walk up to a food stand at DLR and get them without having to go to a sit down restaurant and pay upper class restaurant prices ;)

Adrienne

AVP
04-23-2007, 07:40 AM
But it's very handy to be able to walk up to a food stand at DLR and get them without having to go to a sit down restaurant and pay upper class restaurant prices ;) Let's be realistic - it's nice not to have to go to a sit-down restaurant, but you're still paying upper class restaurant prices. And for asparagus of all things. Blech. I'd far prefer bacon-wrapped bacon skewers.

AVP
- peeps-wrapped asparagus skewers.... I wonder...

adriennek
04-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Let's be realistic - it's nice not to have to go to a sit-down restaurant, but you're still paying upper class restaurant prices. And for asparagus of all things. Blech. I'd far prefer bacon-wrapped bacon skewers.

AVP

Well you're paying Disney walk-up prices, not Disney upper class restaurant prices. ;)

No, they're not cheap. I do gulp to pay for them. They used to give a wedge of lime or lemon with them but then I think we had them one time without the lemon and I was disappointed.

I think I've found a solution to a couple of issues though...

AVP can order two, peel the bacon off and make her own bacon wrapped bacon skewers, and then give your extra asparagus to cstephens. Andrwe and I will sit and watch while we eat our own bacony-asparagus goodness, coming up with jokes that we'll repeat for about 20-30 years or until someone's eyes roll hard enough that they demand we stop, whichever comes first.

Adrienne