PDA

View Full Version : Can I get your thoughts on which days I should go?

mamatojade
02-03-2007, 02:32 PM
My 5 yo DD and I are going to DL from 20-24 April. We arrive at LAX at 9:30 AM on the 20th and leave at 7:30 PM on the 24th. We have a four-day pass. On the 22nd, the park opens at 6:30 AM, which since my DD is usually an early riser, we could make easily, if she is in bed by 7:30 on Saturday night.

Would you suggest that we go to DCA from noonish on the 20th (Friday) and not go to the parks at all on Saturday, (we will be going all day Sunday, Monday and until about 3:30 PM on Tuesday, with a break mid-day for a swim and rest before returning in the late afternoon) or skip Friday and go on Saturday.

I figured that we could probably do most of what we want to do and see at DCA on the Friday and after DL closes early on the Sunday.

What do you experts think?

Donald Duck Fan68
02-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Looking at the cost difference of a 4-day hopper to a 5-day hopper ($10), if it were me, I'd upgrade to a 5-day and go everyday.

mamatojade
02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
When I booked with Alaska Airlines, I accidentally had chosen five-day rather then the five-day that I had wanted. They were going to charge me a $25 change fee plus the difference for each ticket, so it wasn't worth it to me. I am going to see if I can upgrade it when I get the tickets at the park, but was told here that I would have to pay the regular price, not the adults play for the kids price deal that I have now.

Does that make sense?

raediance
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Not to me, lol. 'I accidentally had chosen five-day rather than the five-day that I had wanted'.

Donald Duck Fan68
02-04-2007, 12:10 PM
When I booked with Alaska Airlines, I accidentally had chosen five-day rather then the five-day that I had wanted. They were going to charge me a $25 change fee plus the difference for each ticket, so it wasn't worth it to me. I am going to see if I can upgrade it when I get the tickets at the park, but was told here that I would have to pay the regular price, not the adults play for the kids price deal that I have now.

Does that make sense?

That's a bummer; I didn't book through Alaska Airlines because they appeared to add a lot of costs that WDTC didn't. I guess if you can't upgrade for a decent price then skipping Sat might be the best option, since that is likely to be the most crowded day. However, if that's what you do, you'll want to catch the fireworks at DL Friday night as that would be your only opportunity.

mamatojade
02-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Not to me, lol. 'I accidentally had chosen five-day rather than the five-day that I had wanted'.
Ooops - chosen the FOUR-day rather than the five-day I wanted. :eek:

TEEHEE

mamatojade
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
That's a bummer; I didn't book through Alaska Airlines because they appeared to add a lot of costs that WDTC didn't. I guess if you can't upgrade for a decent price then skipping Sat might be the best option, since that is likely to be the most crowded day. However, if that's what you do, you'll want to catch the fireworks at DL Friday night as that would be your only opportunity.

They didn't add anything, that I couldn't remove (insurance etc), I just screwed up by choosing the wrong number of days for my pass.

Thanks for the advice on the fireworks, we will do that. :)

Donald Duck Fan68
02-05-2007, 01:02 PM
They didn't add anything, that I couldn't remove (insurance etc)...

I was able to remove items as well, but I got very different prices when I attempted to book through AkAir vs. WDTC. Same dates, same flights, same hotel, same package, but AkAir's was coming out to be almost 1K more. That's what I meant by added costs; the type of costs that you don't see but they end up lining somebody's pockets.

wdwmartin
02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I like the idea of going to DL on the 22nd, if you get there early, it should be a unique experience as they don't ususally open that early. And then once people wake up and start invading Dl, you should be able to catch the remainder of your DCA attractions.

April 21 is a blackout date for all but Premium APs, so you won't have too much local traffic. We have found that we can get a lot more done in the parks on these kinds of Saturdays then on Sunday's when all of the passes are active.

Not sure which day you should skip, so find something that you want to do in the area and use that for your skip day.

mamatojade
02-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I was able to remove items as well, but I got very different prices when I attempted to book through AkAir vs. WDTC. Same dates, same flights, same hotel, same package, but AkAir's was coming out to be almost 1K more. That's what I meant by added costs; the type of costs that you don't see but they end up lining somebody's pockets.
That's so funny, I found that exact opposite - if I had booked through WDTC it would have cost me about $650 more and that was with one night of free accomodation that I didn't get booking through Alaska.

mamatojade
02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I like the idea of going to DL on the 22nd, if you get there early, it should be a unique experience as they don't ususally open that early. And then once people wake up and start invading Dl, you should be able to catch the remainder of your DCA attractions.

April 21 is a blackout date for all but Premium APs, so you won't have too much local traffic. We have found that we can get a lot more done in the parks on these kinds of Saturdays then on Sunday's when all of the passes are active.

Not sure which day you should skip, so find something that you want to do in the area and use that for your skip day.

Ok, that's worth considering, since the 21st is a blackout day. Have to weigh the option of seeing the fireworks on the Friday night with missing it on Saturday since DD needs to be in bed by 7:00 if we will be arriving at the park at 6:00.