PDA

View Full Version : Free Hugs in Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

autumnbottom
02-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm curious if you think that the "Free Hugs" campaign would be nixed by Disneyland. I'm heading down there for a solo trip on Feb 15 and i'm consindering bringing a sign. It seems that of all the likely places for this to work, Disneyland would be at the top of the list....

http://www.youtube.com/v/vr3x_RRJdd4

rentayenta
02-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Neat video. I would hug for sure however, I am not sure Disney would go for it. I think the Disney fans would but not the Disney suits.

jcruise86
02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Why do it at a place where it is most likely to "work," (such as Disneyland or outside of a church)? Instead, why not bring hugging to a cold, urban place where people feel alienated by anonymity? Anyone who wants a free hug at Disneyland can find a costumed character. At Union Station, a "free hug" sign might make me smile, but at Disneyland it might creep me out. (Yeah, I know--that's my problem, blah, blah, blah.)

miss bianca
02-03-2007, 01:26 PM
It's already been done..

http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=14798&original=1

By the way LOVE that video

samsma
02-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I would say do it! I will be there on Feb 15 and my whole family will hug you if we see you!

raediance
02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
this girl's blog had something about free hugs at the mall. x)

mickeyxminnie
02-04-2007, 03:56 AM
that clip was filmed in sydney and the music is from a band also from sydney awsome clip. awesome guy..

we did that on NYE in 2004 it was so cool we met so many cool people from all over the world

The old man
02-04-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm curious if you think that the "Free Hugs" campaign would be nixed by Disneyland. I'm heading down there for a solo trip on Feb 15 and i'm consindering bringing a sign. It seems that of all the likely places for this to work, Disneyland would be at the top of the list....

Very creepy.

LUV_U_MICKEY
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Yah creepy!! A lone person walking around with a sign giving away free hugs. I would pick up my child and walk the other way. Way to many sickos out there that would try that kinda thing just to get a feel. Yep I would tottaly tell a cast member about that person and ask that they do "something" about them.

SRY Don't mean to offend just MO

jenpace
02-04-2007, 11:15 AM

I don't know if it would work out at DL but I really enjoyed the video, thanks!

Jen

autumnbottom
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Yah creepy!! A lone person walking around with a sign giving away free hugs. I would pick up my child and walk the other way. Way to many sickos out there that would try that kinda thing just to get a feel. Yep I would tottaly tell a cast member about that person and ask that they do "something" about them.

See, i think this is exactly the reason why the Free Hugs Campaign is great. It's to show people that sometimes a hug is just a hug is just a hug. It doesn't have to have ulterior motives. It's only reason for existing is to put a smile on someone's face. It makes me really sad that people would automatically assume i was trying to get freaky with them.

jenpace
02-04-2007, 11:52 AM
See, i think this is exactly the reason why the Free Hugs Campaign is great. It's to show people that sometimes a hug is just a hug is just a hug. It doesn't have to have ulterior motives. It's only reason for existing is to put a smile on someone's face. It makes me really sad that people would automatically assume i was trying to get freaky with them.

I agree with you and I personally think it's great. But then again, I'm from Santa Cruz ;)

Jen

autumnbottom
02-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I agree with you and I personally think it's great. But then again, I'm from Santa Cruz ;)

Jen

Bwahahahaha!!:D

passthepixiedust
02-04-2007, 03:02 PM
:D I adore this campaign. Juan Mann is amazing IMO. The first time I saw this and read his story, I was absolutely blown away. I made everyone I know watch it! The girls at work are still talking about organizing a campaign and since we work at a hospital in the city, location is pretty much a no-brainer.

I don't think I would consider DL the perfect spot for it, but then again is there a wrong place to try and spread a little love?

The beauty of it is, those who find it creepy can walk on by. :D

The old man
02-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I hope that not too many people would feel the need to get a hug from some weirdo (not you) with a sign. Sometimes a weirdo is just a weirdo is just a weirdo--they have no ulterior motives--they're just weird.

eryn
02-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I support you and anyone else who wants to make the world a happier and more loving planet 100%! Any little bit we can do to make someone else smile or feel better can only do good.
Keep up the good work!

LindaM
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I think I saw the guy who started this on Oprah maybe a month or two ago? They said it was something positive someone was doing in a world where there is so much negativity?

yohomama212
02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
The problem isn't that there's so much negativity, it's that we're constantly forced to focus on it. There are so many amazing people doing amazing things both big and small all the time. Tell everyone about the good things happening and the good people doing these good things, ultimately the positive will breakthrough.

Liz :cool:

az_snow
02-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I didn't think the video was creepy at all... it was beautiful. It made me a bit teary.

Crazy4DL
02-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Now, I would have thought it was going to be creepy to me too but it wasn't. Look at the joy on some of those faces as they hug. Makes your heart smile. :)

danyoung
02-05-2007, 09:16 AM

While I'm sure your motives are honorable, as are the motives of the guy in the video (sorry, haven't looked at the video yet), How can one tell between the honorable and the creepy? Seems safer to just stay away from all huggers unless you know them.

Borgnineus
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM

Jen

Hehe, I agree with the both of you but then again I'm from Berkeley.

Ahhh... it reminds me of my old deadhead days.

It truly is sad that folks would find this creepy.

cstephens
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
It's to show people that sometimes a hug is just a hug is just a hug. It doesn't have to have ulterior motives. It's only reason for existing is to put a smile on someone's face. It makes me really sad that people would automatically assume i was trying to get freaky with them.

I don't know about other people, but as much as I like hugs, I like them from people I know, not random strangers.

And I'm not a parent, but with as many people as are out there who *DO* have ulterior motives when it comes to children, it's hard enough trying to teach children to be wary of strangers without making them into paranoid members of society. It's definitely something people have to learn that not everyone is out to get them, but there's also got to be a healthy distrust of someone you know nothing about before you start letting them cross barriers.

Carollea
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd shake your hand warmly and wish you a great day!...

I've seen the video's before.. its a nifty idea - it could lift someone's mood if they are having a bad day.. but who has a bad day at Disneyland?!

jenpace
02-05-2007, 12:48 PM
... it was beautiful. It made me a bit teary.

That's a releif! I thought I was the only one :)

Jen