PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Tours?

LUV_U_MICKEY
02-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I was just reading some info on the different tours and was wondering if anyone has taken any?? Which tour would be better The Magic of Disney or The Welcom to Disney?? Keep in mind this is mine and DS's second trip but my BF first. I love the idea of the treasure hunt and chase for Pluto's killer. I think this would be a blast. Do they offer these tours year round?? Or just during Peak season? well any info will be helpfull
THX

geoffa
02-03-2007, 10:03 AM
See:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/listing?name=DisneylandParkToursListingPage

It would seem most folk like the "Walk in Walt's footsteps"

Bytebear
02-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I took that tour to Endor. Boy, that was a disaster. The tour droid nearly got us killed!

geoffa
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
D'ya know the same thing nearly happened to us!

LUV_U_MICKEY
02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
See:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/listing?name=DisneylandParkToursListingPage

It would seem most folk like the "Walk in Walt's footsteps"

I read that as well but they don't reccomend this one for Kids and since my DS is only 6 he may not find this tour as enjoyable as others.

julw
02-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Just an FYI to let you know, not sure when you are going but we are going in March and we wanted to do the Discover the Magic Tour and it is not running while Tom Sawyers Island is down. We are bummed! I guess part of the tour involes the island.

bradk
02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
ive done the from imagination to celebration tour (dunno if that's still offered), but i think the discover the magic tour is the only one that might appeal to kids (pluto's killer?!?! i know what you meant, but wow :) ).

i've also done a VIP tour which is basically free reign with your own tourguide. the big plus side on this is they'll arrange VIP seating for all parades, fireworks, F!, etc. for your entire visit. plus you get to ride in the lily belle

disneyhound
02-04-2007, 08:42 AM
We took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour on 1/29/07! Really enjoyed it!

geoffa
02-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Sorry didn't realise the DS' age. VIP tours
$75 an hour (up to 10 persons):

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=VIPTourServicesTourPage

just beatla33
02-06-2007, 07:09 AM
I don't think I could ever do the tours because for some strange reason my fiance and myself probably know much more than them or just know all that stuff anyway, everytime we passed one in session what they were talking about we already knew so we kinda don't want to waste money on something we already know

Malcon10t
02-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't think I could ever do the tours because for some strange reason my fiance and myself probably know much more than them or just know all that stuff anyway, everytime we passed one in session what they were talking about we already knew so we kinda don't want to waste money on something we already knowActually, we have done several tours, and while we know about 90% of whats on the tour, there is always one little thing we learn. Plus, they are actually fun. We've only had 1 not so good guide. Our Walk in Walt's footsteps tour guide was FANTASTIC!

geoffa
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I wish DL would do a "Behind the Magic" tour like they do at WDW where you really go backstage (and into the utilidors). For me it added to the magic. Kids are not allowed on such tours.