PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Trip-- A few questions...please help!

DLTRIP123
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi,

A few quick questions:

Planning a trip from June 3rd- June 6th:

-- Is this a very busy time to go? This is Sunday-Weds, so maybe it won't be so bad?
-- We are going to stay at the GCH...should I book through AAA? Is there a way to get unlimited fast passes?
-- Do we know what the ride refurbs/ park hours at that time are?
-- My grandfather is an amputee, so we will need a wheelchair. There are 6 of us...can we all go to the front of the line?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Mary

CAdreamer
02-02-2007, 11:47 AM
June is not as crowded as July or August, but still boasts hefty crowds. Sunday will probably be the most crowded, Tuesday and Wednesday the least.

Not sure about AAA at GCH, but there are NO unlimited fast passes for purchase. Disney doesn't work that way. But if you are lucky you can score a Dream fast pass from the Dream team. Search for fast pass on the forum for tons of info on the fast pass system.

Check Disneyland.com for refurb. schedules...usually most rides are open during summertime.

Your grandfather can get a SAP (special assistance pass) at City Hall. It is good for up to 6 members of the group. IT DOES NOT GET YOU TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE. A good deal of ride lines are wc accessible, if not, you normally go in through the exit...where there is a special line. Transfers might be difficult for some rides?? If all else fails, ask the CM at the ride, they will tell you where to go. I remember a lot of people saying that the wc lines were just as long as the standby lines on a lot of rides (like POC). But then, I've also seen people with wc groups walk right on. I guess it just depends on the day.

Have fun!!!

MollyTrolly
02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Most schools are still in this week so I would thing it will be better than later in the month or the rest of the summer for hat matter. Plus people may wait to go after June 11th when Nemo will be open.

Last time I checked with AAA they dindt have the unlimited fastpass thing for 2007, I woudl call them just to make sure. I know they had it last year, maybe because of the dream fastpasses Disney didnt offer that to AAA this year.

I checked and it doesnt look like the June calendar is out yet, Like CAdreamer said, in summer most everything will be open.

Malcon10t
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
-- Is this a very busy time to go? This is Sunday-Weds, so maybe it won't be so bad?It should be a good time. We are actually thinking of doing a trip the same time frame.

-- We are going to stay at the GCH...should I book through AAA? Is there a way to get unlimited fast passes?AAA no longer offers unlimited fastpasses. It disappeared Jan 3rd.

-- Do we know what the ride refurbs/ park hours at that time are?You should be able to get that information by mid-April. The hours may be posted my March, but the rest will be 45-60 days out.

-- My grandfather is an amputee, so we will need a wheelchair. There are 6 of us...can we all go to the front of the line?Your Grandfather will be using a wheelchair. He will not need a GAC (Guest Assistance Card, SAPs no longer exist) as the wheelchair will act as his GAC. He (and 5 others) can use the Handicapped Access line in Disneyland. In DCA, the park is accessible, so no need to wait in other lines. The HA line is not a front of the line. Some lines will be shorter (Fantasyland), most will be about the same, a few (POTC, Space Mountain, IASW) will be longer. Examples, Matterhorn, you get in the regular line. Just before you reach the "Chalet", just after the exit, you will see a Handicapped entrance sign, you turn in there instead of continuing to the Chalet. HM you wait in the regular line to the gate. A CM there will ask you questions about how far he can walk without the chair to determine where he will be sent. Likely, he wil be sent all the way down in the chair. At the Hearst, you will wait til they have room inside, then they will have you wait at the moving walkway. When car 5 comes back around, he will be loaded (they stop the ride) and you will ride a complete circle. Space Mountain, you go to the exit and wait. They allow 2-3 HA parties on at a time and it usually takes about 2 cycles to get everyone on, loaded and launched. POTC, you line up outside the exit. They only allow 6 wheelchairs parties on the ride at any one time for evacuation purposes. The line can be very long at times. Rides like BTMRR he may not be able to ride. He has to be able to negotiate steps on his own without a wheelchair in case of evac.

Remember, that any ride he is on, should it break down and he has to evacuate, the family will need to assist him. CMs cannot assist a guest.

Bolivar
02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
This page will give you a lot of information about wheelchair access. The PDF guide is especially helpful (link on the right side of the page). It outlines how to access each and every attraction be it a ride a parade, whatever.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/gsDetail?name=MobilityDisabilityGSDetailPage

Donald Duck Fan68
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
AAA used to offer the unlimited fastpass with purchases, but I don't think that option is available anymore, especially since the Dream Teams are offering the dream fastpasses.

The Disney site will likely start to put up the park hours for June this month as each successive day of Feb passes. You can actually see the hours for June 1st and 2nd right now.

Currently there's nothing listed on MP's park update for refurbishment, but that could change as the dates draw closer.

There is no "front of the line" pass, but rather, ride cues that cannot accomodate a wheelchair have an alternate entrance. In some cases, the wait is shorter, in other cases, the wait can be much longer (like for POTC). I would recommend getting a guide for guests with disabilities from the Disneyland website:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/gsDetail?name=MobilityDisabilityGSDetailPage

Or, you can also read this article from Mouse Planet's archive: (Theme Park Access Guide)
http://www.mouseplanet.com/tag/

Malcon10t
02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
The Disney site will likely start to put up the park hours for June this month as each successive day of Feb passes. You can actually see the hours for June 1st and 2nd right now.Curious, where are you finding the hours for June 1st and 2nd? I'm not seeing the hourly calendar up for June at all, and the daily calendar says
"Friday June 1, 2007 Information not available at this time.

Saturday June 2, 2007 Information not available at this time.

Sunday June 3, 2007 Information not available at this time"

Donald Duck Fan68
02-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Curious, where are you finding the hours for June 1st and 2nd? I'm not seeing the hourly calendar up for June at all, and the daily calendar says
"Friday June 1, 2007 Information not available at this time.

Saturday June 2, 2007 Information not available at this time.

Sunday June 3, 2007 Information not available at this time"

You are right; they had the days hyperlinked in the monthly view (upper left corner) when you have one of the daily views selected, and in the past when I've checked, they would have the hours up first, but little else. I didn't bother to check these particular links.

Now that I look at DL's calendar further, they don't even have the hours up past May 19th at all. My bad.

But, here's a park update from last year, which lists the time of the park in June last year. DLR usually doesn't change its hours drastically from one year to the next.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060530xx