PDA

View Full Version : Hotel issues

backsthepack
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
My kid is insane! I am working on our trip in June....for his 8th birthday. We were going to let him choose which of the 3 resort hotels he wanted to stay at (figuring Paradise Pier as it is always his favorite). Well, nope. He wants to stay at Park Vue Inn. We stayed there in November on a last minute weekend trip. Our room had bunk beds and he thought that was the coolest thing ever. I am trying to come up with reasons for him to want to stay at the resort! I told him about the pools...room service...but I am at a loss as to what else I can bribe him with. Anyone?

mickeynminnie
02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Are you going to be there on multiple early entry days, if so you can enjoy going into the park early on each day early entry is provided if you stay on site. That may convince him.

yellowrosedtxn
02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Don't any of the on site resorts have bunk beds? I think that is what is pulling him to that hotel, so I would see if any of the resorts have that feature. I don't know because I don't have a need for them and so I wouldn't look for that feature.

Shelley

backsthepack
02-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh, good ideas! I forgot about the early entry thing. Also, I will call about the bunk beds. That is totally the reason he wants to stay at the other place.
I want to have such a wonderful birthday for him. Gift basket in the room, etc. and it just won't work out right if we are not at the resort! :rolleyes:

Drince88
02-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I think the Grand Californian has bunk beds - but definitely check.

kandyk
02-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I know for sure GCH has bunk beds. Our DS always insists on them!

disneyperson
02-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Either go with his pick as you promised or go ahead and book where you want and leave it at that.
You're giving him a birthday trip to DL for gosh sakes.

Bolivar
02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure I agree with that. You don't tell someone that they can choose if you are going to then not allow the choice because you don't like it. That depends on how you said it though, was the choice between these three hotels, or any hotel he wanted?

In any event, if his only reason is the bunk beds, I would just book the GCH with the bunk beds and once he is there he will love it. And really you will have given him his choice because his choice wasn't really the Park Vue, his choice was bunk beds and he will have gotten them.

backsthepack
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
No, he was given the choice between the 3 resort hotels (PP, GCH or DLH). I am going to talk to him about it again today and let him know about the bunk beds at GCH.

jeffthechef
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
This is a little sneaky (no, it's actually a lie;) ) but you could tell him that Park Vue was booked, so you have no other choice but to stay at the resort.:fez:

Donald Duck Fan68
02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Along with GCH having bunk beds, here's a few items to point out:
• better swimming pools at the DL resorts
• it's not uncommon to run into characters at a DL resort
• when you stay at a DL resort hotel, it's like being in the center of the Disney magic
• you will be "closer" to the parks at a DLR hotel
• GCH has it's own special entrance to the CA park
• you'll be closer to monorail and can ride in or out of the park right into tomorrow land where the new submarine ride will be!

Malcon10t
02-02-2007, 01:33 PM
• you'll be closer to monorail and can ride in or out of the park right into tomorrow land where the new submarine ride will be!I wouldn't pull these 2 as he will quickly notice he was closer at Park Vue and if you are at GCH, it would probably be faster to walk in than try and use the monorail. (Its further away.)

kimi911
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Along with GCH having bunk beds, here's a few items to point out:
• better swimming pools at the DL resorts
• it's not uncommon to run into characters at a DL resort
• when you stay at a DL resort hotel, it's like being in the center of the Disney magic
• GCH has it's own special entrance to the CA park
• you'll be closer to monorail and can ride in or out of the park right into tomorrow land where the new submarine ride will be!

I think all these things appeal to us adults, but kids just know what was fun in the past. I think it's cool he had such a great time he wants to recreate it, but I like you would rather be at the DLR. :) ha-ha. Tough situation. I don't know what I'd do.

Donald Duck Fan68
02-02-2007, 01:57 PM
That's why I put "closer" in quotes. It's really only closer from a psychological perspective. My kids and I pretty much view DTD as part of the Disneyland Resort experience, and when we're at either the DLH or the GCH, it just feels closer because it's like we're walking through one of the lands of Disney on our way to the parks.

Bolivar
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
I agree that any of the DLR hotels seem closer for exactly the reasons you state. In addition, the GCH is actually closer (to CA and DL) and from the DLH to the monorail is the same distance as Park View to the park entrance.

mistofviolets
02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Pictures.

Show him one of the online 3D tours, or other pictures of the property.

That'd work for my dd! She also gets sold on the descriptions and reviews and website pics.

backsthepack
02-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Pictures! We have pictures. We have stayed there so many times that I know he loves it so much more than the Park Vue. I cannot convince him that any of the resorts have bunk beds!!! I am so depressed. But it is for his birthday, so we will just do what he wants. I think;) For now. But I am booking it for sure, 100% done next week, so if the Park Vue is sold out.......well........:D

julw
02-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Just a quick note to let you know (also stated by a pp), but the GCH does have bunkbeds. We stayed there two years ago and my kids loved them! Good luck trying to change his mind, but if he doesn't then you'll just have more $ to do other things that you may not have done, special dinners, treats, etc. You'll have fun either way.

vicbella2
02-03-2007, 08:24 AM
We've stayed at GCH twice and both times have had bunkbeds. Even if you don't get to stay onsite julw was right. you'll have more money to spend on other things. We did the Discover the Magic Tour for my 5yo bday last year and it was a big hit with dh, ds (8), dd(5), and i. We also did the Plaza Inn birthday party. Think of all the character meals you can have.

newhdplayer
02-03-2007, 10:14 AM
No, he was given the choice between the 3 resort hotels (PP, GCH or DLH). I am going to talk to him about it again today and let him know about the bunk beds at GCH.

If he had a choice of the three above, why was he allowed to pick another? Who's paying for this trip?

Donald Duck Fan68
02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
You could always take him to the Disney site, where info on the GCH is, and show him the pictures of bunk beds they have in their pages on guest rooms.

Of course, if he has his heart set on Park Vue, then make up the difference with the money you save in other ways (more merchandise, more character meals, or whatever). Good luck.