PDA

View Full Version : My 5 day passes arrived today! In Australia!

JustMe29
02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
How exciting! Now I really feel like we're going.

Our passes arrived today.

We arrive in LA at 7am in the morning on a Friday. Do you normally "waste" one of the days of your passes going later in the afternoon? Or do you save them all up for FULL days?

I'll hardly be able to resist I suspect.

joinwonderland
02-01-2007, 11:14 PM
We caught a similar flight from Australia in Nov 2005. We arrived lax at 6am. By the time we got through customs and drove to the hotel it was about 10am. Our room was not available so we headed to DCA for the morning. Our room was available about 2pm. We went to sleep for 3 hours woke around 5pm and headed to Disneyland for the evening to catch evening parade, fantasmic and fireworks. We slept well that night. I don't think it was a waste, but we had realistic expectations. We knew we could not ride all day we needed sleep (had none on the flight too noisy). We are heading back in June and are doing the same thing again.

mickeyxminnie
02-02-2007, 06:31 AM
when did you order them? and did you get them from the disneyland website?
we ordered gift cards for xmas and they came in like 4 days super fast!..

but we wont be able to get our passes for another 3 weeks leaving only 4 weeks for them to come before we leave.

JustMe29
02-02-2007, 12:46 PM
I ordered them on line and paid with a credit card. I received them about a week later.

Mind you, they were just put in a big cardboard envelope in my letter box. Too bad if someone pinched them hey!

disneyhound
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM
...Do you normally "waste" one of the days of your passes going later in the afternoon? Or do you save them all up for FULL days?...

It all depends on our schedule. If you have five full days, then sure you could save your pass for those days. We always include our travel days in the park, if possible. Hey, your there right? Remember that weekdays are not open as many hours. Friday and Saturday usually have the latest closing...

Donald Duck Fan68
02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
How exciting! Now I really feel like we're going.

Our passes arrived today.

We arrive in LA at 7am in the morning on a Friday. Do you normally "waste" one of the days of your passes going later in the afternoon? Or do you save them all up for FULL days?

I'll hardly be able to resist I suspect.

It depends. For this upcoming trip, we have 3 full days in the parks, but our travel days do allow for some time to go to DL or DCA if we wanted to. Since it was only $30 to upgrade each 3-day hopper to a 5-day hopper, we're going to hit the parks once we arrive and get an evening in (since we arrive on a Friday and they're open late) and a full morning on the day we leave (since it falls on an EE day). I'd rather "waste" a partial day in Disneyland than spend a full day just about anywhere else. :)