PDA

View Full Version : Back Home After 5 Day Disneyland Vacation!

disneyhound
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Everybody!

DD and I had a great vacation at DL this year. We Arrived at the Tropicanna around 3:00PM last Friday. After we got our room situated (Room 376) we headed for DL.

It was so great walking through the front gates, after saying hello to our brick. We walked to SM to get fast passes, park was not real crowded, but wait time was 45 minutes. So our First Ride on our First Day was to be... Autopia!

Next we thought about POTC, so we headed to Adventureland. Stopped at BB for some Chicken skewers, love them, then to Pirates. We enjoyed the additions, the mist curtain was real cool!

We walked over to HM and right into the elevator room! This was the first time we got to see the new "Attic Scene" with all the beheaded husbands, loved the update!

We rode BTMRR, complete with "goat trick" and then Indy. By that time we were exhausted (we left home early that morning) so we parked ourselves on a bench along the parade route near the Matterhorn. What a great parade! "Welcome to our fam-i-ly Time..."

We headed back to our Hotel before the Fireworks. We couldn't justify not getting some quality sleep ahead of Saturday! We could see the fireworks from our hotel window, how cool was that surprise!!!

So ends our first day at Disneyland...

samsma
02-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I am glad that you had a great time! Reading that made me so excited(12 days to go). my DD andDH have only seen Holiday HM can't wait to see the updates!

kirstie_29
02-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait of the rest of your trip report :)

julw
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Glad you had a great time! We're going in March and I can't wait!

yellowrosedtxn
02-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Sounds like a great way to start your time at Disneyland! I can't wait to get back in May!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Shelley

disneyhound
02-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the comments!

On Saturday, day two, we arrived on Main Street for the rope drop. Nice to see the fresh paint on the lamp posts. Both dd and I agree, the green is a better color than the gold was. Was sad to see the Castle in tarps, but thanks to Darkbeer and others, we expected it.

At rope drop we went straight for SM, got Fast Passes for later... We like the Rockin SM! I have been a fan of the Peppers for many moons, my daughter likes them as well. But, if you are not a fan, I could see how one would think it was not a good choice. After viewing some of the posts about the rockin change, I was apprehensive, but all in all we enjoyed the update.

We wandered over to Fantasyland and road some of the dark rides. PP had the typical long lines by that time. Headed to POTC, HM and got Fast Passes for Indy. By that time it was lunchtime, so we went to the Golden Horseshoe for lunch and the Billies! A great show as always.

After the show, we took the train back to Main Street and went to DCA. Got FP's for Soarin, the rode TOT twice, then Monsters, then to the Pier. We went on Screaming three times in a row. The line was short and they were loading both sides! Again, we enjoyed the RHCP'rs new soundtrack; great bass line! As we were waiting in line, we noticed that the Orange Zinger, one of dd's favorite rides. was running. DL website showed the OZ down for refurbishment; Cool!!!

Used our FP's for Soarin, grabbed an Ice Cream at Bur-r-bank and walked back to our Hotel for a afternoon rest; ordered Pizza from Pizza Hut, got a coupon off the internet for the local resturant, two medium pizza's and a 2-liter soda for $15.00, our least expensive meal of our vacation.

Back to DL around 6:00PM. We used our FP's for SM and Indy, rode BTMRR and POTC again. Then up to the Gallery for our Fantasmic Balcony Seats! My dd just loves that! Feels like a queen! We got great seats, front row dead center. We tried all the desserts. Unfortunately, the Fireworks were cancelled. Even more so, since we skipped them in the park the night before, bummer...

That raps up day two!