PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to Disneyland

Courtney Anne
02-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Well, I am going to get ready and leave for work...

pick up my son from school (early)

and then it is off to airport for us !!!

It finally sunk in last night that I will be going to DL. I am so excited and the stress of my week has been lifted - and I am not even there yet.

I think it is amazing how I can be transported back into my childhood... the excitement, the lack of worries - all with a MOUSE !!

When do you start feel really excited ? The night before, the morning of, or not until you are walking thru the gates ?

I will be posting from the hotel while I am in DL so until then...

BYE !!!!!

backsthepack
02-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Have an excellent time! I start getting excited the minute I book our trips. I am in the process of booking our June trip right now and am already excited as can be. We went in November, so by June I will be having major "mouse needs"!!

yenko427
02-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Come join the fun, NO LINES and the weather has been fine!!!!!!

BraMax
02-01-2007, 05:52 AM
I hope you have a wonderful trip. We leave Saturday to fly out and it can't come fast enough for me.

zombie pirate
02-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Have a great trip, and a wonderful time at the Magic Kingdom, :p

MollyTrolly
02-01-2007, 06:25 AM
When do you start feel really excited ? The night before, the morning of, or not until you are walking thru the gates ?

YAY so exciting. For me (and I know its a bit different since I live in SoCal), I get excited when I see the mountain getting off the freeway. We usually try to get to the gate befor ethey open so we can be there for the countdown and the rope drop, those moments get me really excited.

Have a great time!

mickeyxminnie
02-01-2007, 06:42 AM
have an awesome time!!!

i start getting excited as soon as i know im going..

we started our blog yesterday..
http://www.welovedisneyland.net (http://www.thirtysecondsx.wordpress.com)

Wendi
02-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Me too!!! In fact, I'm leaving in just a few minutes. Hope to see you there, Courtney Anne!!!

nvmom
02-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Oh gosh... I first get excited when my dh says, "Yes, honey, I agree, we should go again." Yay! I really love that my whole family loves DL... my dh gets very into it once we're a little closer to trip time.

We're one week out and so now I'm really in count down mode. Starting to do selective laundry, "Don't wear that again if you want to take it to DL." lol

I get very excited once we're in our hotel the night before our flight out.. We have to drive 2.5 hrs to Reno NV for our flight. My kids bust out the Mickey ears the moment we leave the drive way! :)

Then I get even more excited when we're on the plane and the Aloha Airlines crew says, "Oh, you must be going to DL!" Big smiles on our faces.. don't you know it!

Note: I do have stress getting the children up at 4:00 a.m. and taking the shuttle to the airport and then getting checked in and then security... I remember when flying was easier... but those days are gone and thank heavens for safety.

Then I love it when we land at SNA at I know we're going to be in the park within an hour...

Then I'm excited when I get our tickets from will call... and then I'm excited when I hear the Disneyland band... and I'm way excited for my FIL to hear the band- music guy that he is. (The inlaws are joining us next week.. first trip ever.)

Then, if we make it in time for rope drop and countdown and such... oh MY! I'm so excited I pretty much get tears in my eyes! :)

And FYI... next week is only the third time in my entire life I've been to DLR. I never went the first time until March 05, I was 31 yrs old.

I should add I was very excited when I found Mouseplanet and I got all the great info from you fellow DL lovers....

Hope everyone has a good trip!

nvmom

Lekta
02-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I just booked our June trip yesterday and afterwards watched the home video I shot last year and I am completely excited to go. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 122days.

Have a magical TIME!!!! Post a trip report maybe for us at home?

annieb727
02-01-2007, 08:14 AM
hey courtney!

i'm so glad you get to go again!! which hotel did you decide to stay at?

i wish we could be down there with you!! We finally decided on making a trip, but it will be in September (15-26th) - doing a big family trip.

Have a BLAST!!!
~Annie

Grumpy Pete
02-01-2007, 09:30 AM
We'll be there on the 5th & 6th. I know what you mean about can't wait. We've been on a count down for several weeks. :D

Have a great time

tinker3
02-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Have a wonderful trip & Birthday! Keep us posted. We leave in exactly 1 week. We usually leave our home about 5 a.m. so we can have lunch in the park.

I get excited when I book it, packing for it, getting close to DL, walking down main street, it's all magical. :D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Have a great time!

disneyhound
02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Yea!!!

tinkcity
02-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Have a Wonderful Trip!! I am going March 25th so I can't wait.

SunshineH100
02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow... now you are getting ME excited!!!! I am taking my family for the first time next week... we leave home on Friday... drive 4 hours and have to spend a night to catch a plane at 6am.... will arive on Saturday afternoon but won't go to DL until Sunday morning.... I think after having to be up and at the airport by 4am we will be beat.....

We booked our trip last summer, and were very excited at the time, but it was so far away that we kept it in check... then with the new passport laws to fly into the US from Canada, we weren't sure we were going to make it, we had some delays(LOOONG story, I will spare you the details)with the passports, and until Monday, we thought we were going to have to cancel our trip... but yesterday we got a call that it is all good, so now we are leaving in a week! We lost the excitement through all the hastle, but now, I don't think I will sleep for the next week!!!! I am worse than the kids (10 & 12) I think!!!! DH starts his vacation days from work tomorrow, so I think he will be driving me crazy by about Sunday!!

JohnGar
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Courtney Anne,

Look forward to meeting you and your son on Sunday. The weather here in Southern California is clear with nice temperatures (although a little cool at night. It's 54 right now as I write this according to my Weather Channel Desktop weather station).