PDA

View Full Version : New outfits for tour guides...

luckyamber
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the new tour guide outfits yet?

luckyamber
02-01-2007, 12:39 PM
???

disneyhound
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
My dd and I took the "Walk in Walt's footsteps" tour this past Monday. Our tour guide Dee was telling us about the change to the outfits. She was sad about the change, due to the fact that it was Walt himself who picked out the plad pattern used in the outfit. She wanted everyone to get a picture with her, as it was the last day/tour she would be wearing that outfit (she was so funny). She said Wednesday the 31st was her new outfit premier...

AaronInCal
02-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Well a tour-guide cast member walked by me tonight and she still had on the plaid uniform. Maybe the change has not come, or maybe just not to everyone yet.

luckyamber
02-02-2007, 06:16 AM
My dd and I took the "Walk in Walt's footsteps" tour this past Monday. Our tour guide Dee was telling us about the change to the outfits. She was sad about the change, due to the fact that it was Walt himself who picked out the plad pattern used in the outfit. She wanted everyone to get a picture with her, as it was the last day/tour she would be wearing that outfit (she was so funny). She said Wednesday the 31st was her new outfit premier...
Did she say what the new ones looked like? I hope it's not khakis and a polo shirt :(

TiggerRPh
02-02-2007, 06:25 AM

I had heard it was Lillian that picked out the style and color of the uniform, not Walt.

Wendi
02-03-2007, 03:19 PM
They were wearing plaid yesterday... I didn't realize all tourguides wore the plaid, I thought it was just for the VIP tours. The only tour I've done was the Myths and Legends tour... our tourguide did not wear plaid of course, (dead men don't wear plaid).

Darkbeer
02-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Here are the new Guest Relations outfits...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2421787/14/127008633/Large

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
02-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Whoa mercy! Those are bright.

Park Freak
02-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Whoa mercy! Those are bright.

I think that may be the idea......being able to pick them out of the crowd. :)

disneyhound
02-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I had heard it was Lillian that picked out the style and color of the uniform, not Walt.

Our tour guide was pretty specific about the selection being Walts, but she could have gotten that mixed up...

PanFan
02-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I had heard it was Walt's choice as well, and that was the only remaining costume in the park which he directly had a role in designing. I liked the old ones much better (and according to a friend of mine in Guest Relations, so do most of those she works with).

newhdplayer
02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Where do we lay the Flowers to commemorate the passing of the old uni's?

Another Dimension
02-04-2007, 12:56 PM
They do look a bit bright, and the blue does make them really stand out... but change is constant and is also the parks mission statement. :D

So I don't think they look too bad.

Don't sweat the little things, the magic is still in abundance!

Opus1guy
02-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I think a costume has just been replaced by a uniform. :(