PDA

View Full Version : White Water Snacks questions

nvmom
01-31-2007, 06:51 AM
Does White Water Snacks have tables to sit at? I'm meeting a friend for lunch at 11 a.m. the Sat of our trip. No kids... we're just going to sit down, eat lunch and visit. :D She was suggesting White Water Snacks (although she's never been there.) I've heard good things about the food but is it a place condusive to sitting back and visiting for a bit? Thanks.

nvmom

Drince88
01-31-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes, there are tables and chairs indoors there --
I think it'd be good for that, but if you want to really have a good long visit - eat there, then 'retire' to the lobby of the hotel and the comfy chairs there.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-31-2007, 01:50 PM
They have tables indoors and outdoors. We went there for breakfast one morning and it was a bit crowded inside, but no one was outside. Here's a site that has some pictures:

http://dlresortinfo.com/grandcalifornianrestaurants/whitewater/whitewaterpics.html

Bytebear
01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
It is a great place to sit and relax. The outdoor tables are set apart from each other and very quiet. You should have a great relaxing lunch.

nvmom
01-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Thank you! And thanks for the link too. Retiring to the lobby is a good plan too. :)

nvmom

josephfive
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
My $ .02 It has high celings and the sound really travels. I found that out while I was getting a straw and I could hear DD shriek, Nooooooo! at her brother. I made her apologize to the few people in there because it was so loud!! So, if it's crowded it might be a bit hard for chit-chatting.

Have fun!

kimi911
02-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Are the menu items made to order? I wonder if I could order like the breakfast sandwich without meat for example, or are they pre-made?

Also, do they only serve the food to eat there, the burgers and stuff (I see they have a veggie one) can't be packaged, to take to your room? Thanks.

Also, I'm not certain how to get there? ha-ha. Finally, I read somewhere you can buy a special cup there and get free fountain drinks your stay? How much?

Many thanks.

Bytebear
02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
They have an a la carte refrigerator with pre-packed sandwiches, fruit, and veggie plates. They also have a freezer with ice cream treats. They have a list of meals that you can order from the kitchen, nachos, hamburgers and chicken sandwiches. I imagine you can get a to-go box. I don't recall the exact menu so maybe others can fill in the list of the snack items.

futurecm21
02-03-2007, 02:08 PM
First of all, you made the right choice in choosing Whitewater Snacks. It is in the back of the Grand Californian hotel, and has a wide variety of pre-made items, and also some, fresh from the grill. As I understand, the only vegetarian items are those that are pre-made and refrigerated. Whitewater snacks has something against varying their fresh menu items, and will not change them to accomadate vegetarians. Which really, really stinks, because otherwise, I think Whitewater snacks is the greatest restaurant in any Disney park.
futurecm21

Wendi
02-03-2007, 02:27 PM
First of all, you made the right choice in choosing Whitewater Snacks. It is in the back of the Grand Californian hotel, and has a wide variety of pre-made items, and also some, fresh from the grill. As I understand, the only vegetarian items are those that are pre-made and refrigerated. Whitewater snacks has something against varying their fresh menu items, and will not change them to accomadate vegetarians. Which really, really stinks, because otherwise, I think Whitewater snacks is the greatest restaurant in any Disney park.
futurecm21

They've always made my breakfast burritos w/o meat... nachos too (but I don't recommend the nachos there - not so good). I don't know why they wouldn't do it for you. I've been there many times and never have had a problem with special requests.

kimi911
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM
futurecm21

A couple of the websites show Veggie burger with fries for like $7.99 here. That is not accurate? They don't sell that? Many thanks. It sounds nice being more quiet than other places.

Bytebear
02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
They do have a veggie burger and the price sounds right, but I have had it and it is really dry.

Another Dimension
02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I for one, definitely recommend the chicken or steak nachos at White Water Snacks. Had 'em many many times, always great!
Much much better than those pathetic nachos at Cochina in DCA. :)

kimi911
02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
They do have a veggie burger and the price sounds right, but I have had it and it is really dry.

Really? Worst than the Hungry Bear? I thought it might be the same one? I really love the Hungry Bear's. I might have a weird preference. ha-ha.

Good to know they have it at least.

futurecm21
02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
They've always made my breakfast burritos w/o meat... nachos too (but I don't recommend the nachos there - not so good). I don't know why they wouldn't do it for you. I've been there many times and never have had a problem with special requests.

I guess I have just had bad luck with special requests. Its just the kind of thing that happens to me, and then I turn around and hear someone talking about how they managed to do what I completely failed at, and all I can do is shrug it off. Anyway, sorry about my rambling, I guess you might be able to order foods vegetarian style after all. Enjoy your meal, whitewater snacks tends to be quiet and a great place to talk, I have to say once more, that you made the right choice.
futurecm21

Bytebear
02-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Really? Worst than the Hungry Bear?

I haven't had the veggie burger at the hungry bear. I do know their regular burgers are not as dry. Maybe I just had it on a bad day. I guess you could always smother it in catsup and relish. After you try it, let me know if it was good for you. I wouldn't mind trying it again, but I am wary.