PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah, we are here!

yenko427
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Well we arrived into LAX today at 11:45 a.m. Smooth flight and shuttle using Disney Resort Express. Awesome DD view upgrade in Sierra Tower (paid for Standard). Monorailed into the park at 3 p.m. Everyone bailed because of some sprinkles and we walked on 12 rides in no time. Went to the bank and upgraded to AP's. Had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. Mickey stopped by our room while at the park and left some goodies for my son. Room service just came by with our cookies and milk. Off to a great start!
PS. Castle still boarded up.

Monteztribe
01-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Have fun in the park. I will be there in 6 days and 1 hour. I can't wait. Enjoy a Monte Cristo for me! Keep us updated.

Wendi:)

Rufus T Firefly
01-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Enjoy :)

Lekta
01-31-2007, 08:34 AM
You are incredoubly lucky! I wouldn't let the rain get me down, in fact, we had one of the greatest days of all time on a rainy day there. Walk on to EVERY ride. Good times!

splash
01-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Yenko, have fun! The weather here is in the 30's in the am with frost. supposed to hit the 50's later this week. Enjoy!!

yellowrosedtxn
01-31-2007, 08:55 AM
It sounds like you are off to a great start! I can't wait to read about your trip and dream about mine!

Shelley

SDMom
01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah! I love when it rains and clears out the park. Have fun!

Disney Daddy of 4
01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Since it is the 31st....Is the Castle still boarded up?

yenko427
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Yes, castle is still boarded up and looks the same as the pics that have been posted. We went in on the monorail at 10 a.m. this morning and decided to hit Autopia first off since we did not do it last night.
As we are sitting in the cars in the docking area waiting to be unloaded I look up on the overpass and oh yeah baby, it is the dream squad. I bolted out of that car with family in tow.
We got two prizes- dream fastpasses, button and the photo pass. The park is completely walk on today or 5 minute waits from what we have seen. We are back for a little break and then will hit CA tonight. Only seen one family with dream ears so far.
My son was picked first for the first show of the Jedi Academy this morning. It didn't hurt that he wore Star Wars attire and we had a sign the size of a billboard with a Star Wars saying on it. Hey, it worked and I even used it to help some other children get picked. Spread the cheer.......!
Ate at Goofy's this morning and had 7 characters. Great breakfast and I would definitely do it again.
No rain today, weather was/is perfect. My husband wore T-shirt and shorts.

disneyshoes
01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the updates! Sounds like you are having a blast! I can't wait to get there but I am afraid the lines will be a little longer during the 4th of July! Have Fun!

rentayenta
01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Yenko, sounds like you are having a great trip! Keep the updates coming! :)

yenko427
02-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Took it easy last night. Went into CA and walked on Mike and Sully, did it twice. Did Tower of Terror. My son like the dropped but not being in the dark on the rides. He did not like the Bug's Life movie as he thought it was real, we bailed out of that show like 2 minutes in. Did one of the rides in Flicks's and will finish that area today.
Loaded up on Potato Head parts! Did Buzz two more times (walked on everything last night). Had dinner at Tomorrowland Terrace (ok, average food). The Sierra tower is so close to the monorail it really has helped cut down the walking. I know Darkbeer has posted the distance but I swear it seems closer than that.
Did Build A Bear and DS made a Mickey, of course.
Going to utilize EE this morning. It looks like it drizzled last night but nothing major.

The other thing that was interesting is that we had several CM's come up to us and ask us if we are AP holders. Not sure what this is about or if they are promoting it or if we were going to be offered an AP has a dream. Anyone know if this is just general chit chat or a possible dream?
My DH said he was not going to get in to pin trading......yeah, he is loaded down with lbs. of them and made his first trade with a CM yesterday. Oh brother!!!!

Disney Daddy of 4
02-02-2007, 10:28 AM
WOW!!!!!! What a trip you guys are having. I am headed down tonight after work....6:30.....I am so excited...I will be getting my AP's again.

Any word on the castle? Is it still tarped?

yenko427
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
We went in at opening at 9 a.m. As you are looking at the castle only the left third was tarped. The photo CM was creative and we have our picture with 3/4 of the castle showing (kept out the part with the tarp). I would not be surprised if the tarp was down tomorrow.
IASM was down still this morning and they were trying to get it up and running today. Saw the dream crew coming of SM and they were handing out something but we did not make it in time.
Saw one more set of ears..............where do they keep these things!! I have seen six people the whole time we are here with them, same with the lanyards.
The crowds have been LOW the last three days and you could definitely see the difference today. Wait times were still reasonable 5-20 min. but very different from yesterday and the day before.
We saw Pinnochio's Dad, Mickey, Pluto, 2 pirates, Cruella, Goofy, Minnie, Alice, Mad Hatter today as well. Tigger and Pooh were in Critter Country. Headed to CA tonight for Block Party and then home tomorrow.
Took a one hour dip in the DLH pool today and it was very pleasant. DS was itchin to get in and I joined him!!

Micmarie
02-02-2007, 06:33 PM
We are arriving tommorow for our very first time, I sure hope we get to see an untarped castle. Being our first time at anything Disney, what does this dream team look like?