PDA

View Full Version : How Busy are Saturday nights?

derraj25
01-30-2007, 04:51 PM
:confused: OK, this may be a real dumb question, but how busy do Saturday nights get? We fly in on a Saturday afternoon and plan on being in the park around 6:00pm.:p Out of the last 10 times we have been there since '02, we have never been there on a Saturday night:eek: .

--d2

JohnGar
01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
It depends on a number of things: weather, time of year, special events in the park or at Downtown Disney or even nearby, etc.

If you're heading down this Saturday, it shouldn't be too bad. I think the park closes at 11, so you'd only have about 5 hours (assuming you're using a ticket and not an AP). I suggest not watching the parade or fireworks and get some rides in then because everyone else will busy and the rides will be easier to go on. But plan accordingly: it's difficult to get across the parade route (not saying it can't be done, but difficult) and the Fantasmic area fills up fast and can be headache to manuver through.

That said, have fun.

derraj25
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
We will be there on Sat. 10th. I am assuming it will be busier than normal due to Lincoln's Birthday (12th)...but not planning on the Summer Saturday business I have heard about.

--d2

JohnGar
01-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Most of the schools I know about take off for "Presidents Day" and that would be on Feb. 19, so it still should be good.

just beatla33
01-31-2007, 07:26 AM
I always go on Saturdays it seems more enjoyable for some reason and I never ever had a problem during the day evening or night at all

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-31-2007, 07:54 AM
We were there Saturday night and I was pleasantly surprised at the manageable crowds.

nvmom
01-31-2007, 08:38 AM
This will be our first Sat night on Feb. 10 too! :) Our last 2 trips we've done DCA on Sat, not DL. We're actually not planning to go into either park on Sat during the day (we're going to sleep in, hot tub, etc) then we're going to go into DL at about 9 p.m. for a couple hours. The schedule says there's the Swing band and dancers... and hopefully we'll have caught the fireworks on Fri night so we're just going to do some rides and enjoy the atmosphere.

nvmom

just beatla33
01-31-2007, 08:47 AM
one thing about that, going into the park at 9, is just throw in that the fireworks and Fantasmic (last satuday before it goes dark) will be close to starting and that everyone in DCA will want to park hope on over to DL and for some reason DL will only have two entrances open which will cause a big line. Not to mention once you get in at nine they have put up the ropes and you have to choose your path wisely from there. So just put that in to account

nvmom
01-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Good info above... Thanks! So maybe going in or getting in line around 8ish is a better plan?

nvmom

just beatla33
01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
best bet is to either A. just be around downtown Disney and just check ever so often. Or B. Get on the monorail in downtown Disney and take it into Tomorrowland so you can miss that mess if there is even one.

nvmom
01-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Ooh, the monorail is a great idea! Thanks again!

nvmom

JohnGar
01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Check the schedule and maybe head to Disneyland (via Monorail) once the evening parade has ended. Some folks head out after that (not many, like the first parade, but some) and pick your fireworks viewing spot.

And i'm assuming you have passes because I would hate to waste a day on a ticket for just a few hours in the park.

animalx
01-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Never Go Sat Night NEVER EVER EVER

just beatla33
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I always go Saturday night, its not that bad, unless its xmas time

nvmom
01-31-2007, 02:26 PM
We have 5 day park hoppers. We'd originally planned to do 4 day hoppers and not enter either park on Sat. Then it was only $10 more to go 5 days so we figured "what the heck." If we go on Sat. fine, if not, fine too. Actually, dh and I are hoping that maybe Grandpa and Grandma will hang w/the kids and we can go into DL alone for a couple hours! Fun!

nvmom

potzbie
01-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I noticed that after the fireworks, 9:30 p.m., the queues are significantly shorter.

Saturday night (7:00 pm) is when the SWING BANDS play in Carnation Plaza Gardens, and when the ROCK BANDS play on Tomorrowland Terrace.

"Moppin' up soda pop rickeys
To our hearts delight.
Dancin' to swingeroo quickies
JUKEBOX SATURDAY NIGHT."
---- Glenn Miller's recording of "Jukebox Saturday Night"

just beatla33
01-31-2007, 03:27 PM
the swing bands are at different times throughout the night, they do it past 9 also

ILovePoker
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
It depends on a number of things.
No it doesn't. A Saturday, unless there is a natural disaster is always going to be busy.