PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge DVC - News

Tony
01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
MouseOwners (www.mouseowners.com/forums (http://www.mouseowners.com/forums)) is reporting details about the new DVC resort at Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL). Here are the highlights:

AKL will start selling February 1st, 2007. The initial offerring will be to current owners only at $101.00 a point. If you buy 100+ points and the offers below apply.
Cost to existing DVC Members $101.00 a point with a matching number of current year 'developer points' that may be banked. Probably first Use Year will be December 2007 for 'real' AKL points.
If you turn down the developer points, you get $8.00 off per point for a total price of $93.00 per point.
Stays starting September 1st, 2007. Ressies start being made April 4th, 2007 with AKL Points only! May 2nd, 2007, ressies open to all DVCers.Each room type has 4 views with different rates.

Value View (actually cheaper than OKW!)
Standard View
Savanah View
Kilimanjaro Concierge View/Level Higer than BCV/VWL/BWV-preferred view.

Rooms are larger than SSR, BCV, BWV, VWL, and smaller than OKW.

The contract end date will be 2057. (Saratoga Springs is 2054)

Mark Goldhaber
01-29-2007, 08:39 PM
AKL will start selling February 1st, 2007.
Interesting. Bobby Holcombe (Associate Brand Manager, Marketing & Communications of DVC) told me in an interview last week that it would be in the next couple of months. This is a bit sooner than expected.

Stays starting September 1st, 2007. Ressies start being made April 4th, 2007
That's around the time frame that he was mentioning for the rooms coming online.

I'll have to contact him to see if he can confirm that February 1 date.

stan4d_steph
01-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Okay, that is all gibberish to me... Anyone want to break that down into non-DVC speak?

Drince88
01-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Okay, that is all gibberish to me... Anyone want to break that down into non-DVC speak?
All I see is that unless you already own a DVC, they haven't announced when you can buy AKL Villas (AKV, VAK?). ;)

stan4d_steph
01-30-2007, 08:38 AM
All I see is that unless you already own a DVC, they haven't announced when you can buy AKL Villas (AKV, VAK?). ;)Okay, thanks! Not that I should be considering it, but I am curious about the cost of buying into AKL as a home resort.

Drince88
01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Okay, thanks! Not that I should be considering it, but I am curious about the cost of buying into AKL as a home resort.
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Hopefully that information won't be hidden away too long (and Mark can add it to his list of things to find out???!!)

GusMan
01-30-2007, 08:47 AM
...but I am curious about the cost of buying into AKL as a home resort.
And to add to that, does that mean that they will stop selling SSR as a home resort (if they are not "full" already) or will there be a choice?

Having AKL as a home resort would be rather neat and I am sure it would be worth it with great options, given the categories of rooms they plan on making available. But then again, I am still considering BCV or BWV options on the resale market because of location.

Tony
01-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Typically, when they have two resorts available for sale, you get your choice of either one to buy your points from.