PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Party at DLR

snitcherus
01-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Hello friends!

I've been put in charge of planning a bachelorette party at DLR. Any suggestions for fun bachelorette-related activities in the park? What have some of you, MousePlanet residents, done for this occasion?

A couple of ideas to show you the direction in which I'm thinking:

-Have the bride wear a "Bride to Be" t-shirt to have characters sign in permanent marker as a keepsake.

-A cutout of the groom's head...making the bachelorette pose with said cut-out in romantic spots around Disneyland.

I'm breathlessly waiting for your suggestions! Any old threads I could look at? Thanks guys.

Opus1guy
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
How about arranging a small chorus line of about 7 Aladdin "Genies"...doing their impression of "The Full Monty."

;)

yohomama212
01-29-2007, 07:00 PM
You have to get your B2B a Minnie ears bride headband. I always wanted one, but never got one, maybe next year for my anniversary. (Then place the Mickey ears top hat on the groom cut-out!)

Liz :cool:

Pirate Princess
01-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Break into teams and do a short scavenger hunt.

Ideas:

A Digital Photo Scavenger Hunt: ex. photo taken with Mickey or Minnie; a photo while riding Space Mountain; a photo taken with someone in sandals AND socks; get a guy to put on lipstick and take a photo with you; pic of a stranger giving you a peck on the cheek... oh the possibilities are endless.

A Regular Scavenger Hunt: ex. an autograph from one of the fab five; a churro wrapper; etc. etc.

Also, you could make a shirt for the bride: Soon to be Ms. Smith or Ms. Smith-Jones (if she is planning on changing her name) if not, "Bride to Be" And the bridesmaids can wear the same color/style shirts that say "Bridesmaid" or something more creative. It will get the bride a lot more attention from strangers in line, characters, etc. It will make the day a bit more special. Also, if doing the digital photo scavenger hunt it will probably make people more likely to comply with strange requests.

Have fun and good luck with the planning!

stan4d_steph
01-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Makeovers at Sephora.

A Big Fan
01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
After a day of walking around DL there's nothing better than a massage at the Mandara Spa in GCH.

wdwmartin
01-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Plus dinner at Blue Bayou and a few COOKIE BOATs!

mickeynminnie
01-30-2007, 11:30 AM
How about going over to DCA and doing some wine tasting. It will make everyone a little giggly. If F! is running then get balcony seating or riverside seating for a special dessert buffet.

DisneyFanKat
01-30-2007, 04:43 PM
It might sound strange - but get the bride done up at Libby Lu - haha. I went with some friends - 4 of us in late 20s and early 30s and we all got ours done one day - had a great time!

Could have all the ladies done up - but it would get time consuming and pretty pricey....?

Amybirds
01-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Oooh! You will have so much fun with this. I threw a bachelorette party at DLR for my best friend about 8 years ago with about 6 gals and everyone had a fabulous time! We still talk about it!

Some things we did/ideas:

I made simple "princess" hats for each of us to wear (take a regular cone party hat, add a square of shimmery tulle or netting in a matching color coming out of the top of the cone and voila, a cheap and easy princess hat) , with the bride's in white/silver. We had lots of questions from little girls wanting to know what princess we were, and lots of requests from moms asking us where we bought them!

We made late lunch reservations at Blue Bayou, which for most of the girls was a first-time treat. It was really special because we toasted the bride and had some quiet time with her. If money is an issue for the gals, you can make it dessert-only, so nobody has to spend a lot of money, but you still have the special treat of being together as a group.

Do wine tasting (as someone else suggested). When we went , DCA wasn't open, so we did the wine tasting at the place in Downtown Disney, but the DCA wine tasting would probably be even better! Be prepared for some sleepy and/or tipsy gals though.

Get a group shot on Splash Mountain, and buy a print for the bride. (Our bride bought us each one, along with a rhinestone mickey-head bracelet to wear on the wedding day).

If you're staying the night at a hotel before/after: bring some fun party games for the hotel room. If the bride is interested in more risque games, this is the place to do it, not in the parks! Also, if you have an extra night there, order pizza, make some drinks, and have an old fashioned pajama party complete with face masques and toenail painting.

Some practical matters (from years of experience planning group events with small groups of friends):
Make sure everyone knows what will be expected of them financially ahead of time (nothings worse than one person going broke to make sure the bride isn't paying for anything, while everyone else looks the other way when time comes to pay). You can easily explain before the trip that you'd "like the bride to be provided for on this trip, so it would be the most fair if we just plan on splitting all our group meal bills equally and if we all take turns buying her treats and drinks. If everyone brings around $200 [or whatever] cash for food/drinks, then we'll all be prepared for whatever the bride has in mind."

Also, if you're sharing a room, collect everyone's room money when they first arrive so it's out of the way and everyone can just enjoy themselves.

Let us know how it turns out!!