PDA

View Full Version : Did our Dream Come True?

Pages : [1] 2

Doodle Duck
01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Yesterday afternoon we went over to DCA for the evening and on a whim decided to eat at Taste Pilots.
After loading the order in the vid screen a lady came up and said could we follow her please for some Disney magic.

We were taken to a table with a table cloth and had table service. My order of the 3 Ribs was magically bumped to 5 (ooh they were good!) and we could have had refills on the drinks (but didn't).
The lady was very nice (should get that front tooth put back in though) and other guests looked at us like we were from Mars.
We did feel special and it was fun.

Not a trip around the world but it was nice.

Hope you 'win' too.

Doug

mask41
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow, that is great! I was going to ask today how many people have gotten "dreams" while at the park - if they are giving out a million in a 12 month period, it seems like your chances would be pretty good at getting one?
Congrats on your dream -
Amy

nun69
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Awesome!:d

nvmom
01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
That is so fun!!
My kids are hoping (against the odds probably) that the dream team will give the new blue/silver ears. :)

nvmom

Pirate Princess
01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
That is so fun!!
My kids are hoping (against the odds probably) that the dream team will give the new blue/silver ears. :)

nvmom
It really depends on when you go. When we went, at the end of November, it was soooo dead that when we got off Buzz there was a Dream Team waiting with Dream Fastpasses. As we walked from Buzz to BTMRR another Dream Team was DESPERATELY looking for people to give fast passes to out front of Rancho Z. They asked us but we told them we had just gotten them (wanted to make sure others got the dream too.) I am sure they were waiting by Rancho Z forever because there was NO ONE around in all three directions. I think they were supposed to be waiting for people INSIDE the restaurant but gave up since no one was in there and one team member was standing out in front of the restaurant while another was partially inside.
On the other hand we never needed our fast passes because it was so dead that day. They make a cool souvenir though.
Hope you get your ears and that the park is empty.. makes it a LOT easier to get "dreams."

dznyphreak
01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Just for clarity:

The OP's experience is not one of the 1.5 million "dreams" awarded as part of the YOAMD. What he/she received was a "Magical Moment." The special restaurant treatment is available at many locations (I know of Village Haus and Tomorrowland Terrace) and, again, not a dream.

Still just as special and enjoyable, but not one of the 1.5 million.

Doodle Duck
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Well as a Magical Moment then. There are two a day done at Taste Pilots...and we were one of the two. Special treatment appreciated no matter what they call it. Since I had my blue 'dreams' jacket on I'll keep calling it that. :-)

AVP and MammaSilva will get a chuckle out of me being refered to as a he/she. haha

rentayenta
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't care what it's called, it sounds really neat and I am glad the OP got to experience it! :)

We won't be going until December so I hope there are some Dreams left.

AVP
01-29-2007, 07:37 PM
AVP and MammaSilva will get a chuckle out of me being refered to as a he/she. hahaI prefer to use the term s/he. :p

AVP
(Although I'm pretty sure you meant AdrienneK)

Pirate Princess
01-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Had no idea that magical moments and dreams were different. This is quite a confusing contest. Nevertheless... CONGRATS on an extrememly cool experience!

LUV_U_MICKEY
01-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Either way I would be happy.
I do have one question though has anyone heard about:

367 One night stays at the Mickey Mouse Penthouse in the Disneyland Hotel
307 One night stays at the Cinderella Castle Suite in WDW's Magic Kingdom

I know there has been alot of talk about the Castle stay but what about the DLR Mickey stay???

I was reading on a web site about how many of each prize there will be and stumbled across it. Anyone else hear about it??

808Disney
01-29-2007, 10:55 PM
This past Christmas my family of 12 and I went to stay at the Grand Californian for 5 nights. It was the BEST decision we ever made. We enjoyed a 3 bedroom suite with the view of the pools and the California Park. It was really a "Disney Christmas".
My magical moment took place in the California Adv. Park day after Christmas. My 4yr. old and I decided to watch "A Bugs Life". When we walked in, the Disney Dream Team was there waiting for us to come in and they passed out Dream Fast Passes to everyone who was going to watch that particular show. EVERYONE was all in "AWEEEE"... Can you imagine... Dream Fastpasses during Christmas!!!! I took my daughter on every ride she could ride (she's only 40 in. tall)... I talked her into trying new rides...She HAD A BLAST!!! The longest wait was about 20min. but it was all well worth it. The lines were just CRAZY!!! Although it was only good for that day.... we made it a day well worth it. A SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM DISNEY!!! THANK YOU!!! Yes, magical moments comes in different ways!!:)
EVERYTHING WAS GREAT THAT WE ARE PLANNING TO GO BACK IN 2008!:D

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
The lady was very nice (should get that front tooth put back in though)

Doug

Not a very nice thing to say about somebody who was very nice to you. Not everyone has dental insurance. Even if they do, they often have high co-payments. We can't all afford veneers and brite smile. It makes me sad to see people put others down like that. Feel free to flame me all you want.

Doodle Duck
01-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Flame you? For being sensitive where I am not?
And I am not. I have one missing too.

Yes I meant AK...

dznyphreak
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry about the he/she thing, Doodle Duck. :) I'm not familiar with you as a poster (due to my limited knowledge of Mousepad--compare join dates for reference) and, for the sake of grammar, refrained from using "they."

I guess s/he is better...I'll be sure to use it from now on.

The old man
01-31-2007, 05:01 PM
It really depends on when you go. When we went, at the end of November, it was soooo dead that when we got off Buzz there was a Dream Team waiting with Dream Fastpasses. As we walked from Buzz to BTMRR another Dream Team was DESPERATELY looking for people to give fast passes to out front of Rancho Z. They asked us but we told them we had just gotten them (wanted to make sure others got the dream too.) I am sure they were waiting by Rancho Z forever because there was NO ONE around in all three directions. I think they were supposed to be waiting for people INSIDE the restaurant but gave up since no one was in there and one team member was standing out in front of the restaurant while another was partially inside...

I'm confused by this. It's my understanding that the Dream Team doesn't look for people, but are given a computer generated list of when and where to hand them out. Suppose to be very specific like--the third person coming out of SM at 3:10pm or something along those lines.

evrythngwmn
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm confused by this. It's my understanding that the Dream Team doesn't look for people, but are given a computer generated list of when and where to hand them out. Suppose to be very specific like--the third person coming out of SM at 3:10pm or something along those lines.

Exactly, except with the fastpasses. They're handed out in big batches. So if they've handed out ten and they've got thirty/forty more to go and no one is walking by their designated area, I imagine they have to stay there until they hand them all out.

Pirate Princess
01-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Exactly, except with the fastpasses. They're handed out in big batches. So if they've handed out ten and they've got thirty/forty more to go and no one is walking by their designated area, I imagine they have to stay there until they hand them all out.
Yes.. and when it is shortly after park opening on a dead day at DL who is IN Rancho Z? No one. So I think to maintan the validity of the contest one team member stayed inside while one stood outside hoping to lure people in. Seriously if they both just waited indoors they could have been there for over an hour.

yohomama212
02-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Okay, does anyone have a picture of the Dream Team? Or at least a description of how their apperance differs from other CMs? I keep looking for them, but I don't see anyone who stands out. My assumption is that since I'm obviously pregnant and, on the less crowded days, alone with two small kids who aren't old enough for the Fastpass type rides. Does it really help to throw yourself at them when you see them? So I'm not Fastpass eligible, hats, stays in castles, those I can manage! I want a Dream!

Liz :cool:

adriennek
02-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes I meant AK...

And here I was coming 3 days late to say: No, your dream didn't come true because they didn't say "And, here, by the magic fo Disney, we've driven in AdrienneK to surprise you!"

That would've made it better.

Right?

Right???

Adrienne

Malcon10t
02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Okay, does anyone have a picture of the Dream Team? Or at least a description of how their apperance differs from other CMs? I keep looking for them, but I don't see anyone who stands out. My assumption is that since I'm obviously pregnant and, on the less crowded days, alone with two small kids who aren't old enough for the Fastpass type rides. Does it really help to throw yourself at them when you see them? So I'm not Fastpass eligible, hats, stays in castles, those I can manage! I want a Dream!

Liz :cool:Hi, They are in blue pants with light blue shirts. They get their orders where to pass out the prizes, so throwing yoursef at them will do no good. You just need to be at the right spot at the right moment. My understanding is most prizes are given out between opening and 2-3 in the afternoon.

ETA - Have you been entering by mail? We have gotten 8 prizes so far that way. None during 12 days at Disneyland.

Mr.Abominable
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM

I have noticed that in addition to the blue shirts and the Dream bags, they put on white vests when they are giving out the dreams. I have seen this a couple of times and this was confirmed by one of the CMs in the dreams uniform.

yohomama212
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Okay, I have seen them... EVERYWHERE! Darn it! Can't ride the cool rides, can't have any fun, and now even the Dream Team thinks I'm wierd for smiling and saying hello! I thought they were regular CMs there for surveys or something hokey like that, I always see them playing with their little computer notepad thingys (that's the technical term of course)! It's a good thing this baby is coming before the YOAMD is over or we would have some real problems. I WANT A DREAM!!!!!!!!! (No, the tantrum isn't over yet.)

dznyphreak
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Okay, I have seen them... EVERYWHERE! Darn it!... I always see them playing with their little computer notepad thingys

O...M...G...

You have got to be kidding me.

I went last Friday at opening for the sole purpose of Dreaming (my term for looking to win a Dream...it will soon sweep the nation ;) ) and saw those people multiple times. Those darn I-look-like-I'm-a-survey-person electronic pads!!!!!!! I did wonder why they were travelling in a pack, though.

Ah well. There will be more chances.

Koukla
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Walking into the California Dreams movie about fifteen minutes before the movie started on Friday, February 2 (just before 3:00 p.m., to be exact), we were handed the pin lanyards with two beautiful *special* pins on them. I was told by someone (not a CM) that those particular pins aren't available for sale, but am not sure of this fact. I was so excited to receive one!

And in early December, we received Fast Passes as we exited our first ride of the day. At that time we had no idea we'd actually won something until much later in the day.

We had two members of the Dream Team laughing today because each prize is getting a little better. I told them I'm not going to stop winning until I at least get a Mediterranean cruise (a longtime personal dream of mine)! :D