PDA

View Full Version : Best Disney Property Rate - May Trip

kewlyloch
01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi All. I am going to be planning a trip to Disneyland in May. I would love to stay on property and was wondering what the best rates some of you have gotten for a Disney hotel and how you got that rate. Any help would be appreciated!

IdahoMike
01-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Definitely try getawaytoday.com. I got a ridiculously low rate for the GCH in January ($119 per!). I looked for our June trip, and it was 333 for GCH, 244 for DLH, and $204 for PPH.

If you are an annual passholder, you can call the hotels and see what their AP rates are for May, sometimes they are really good, other times not so much.

kewlyloch
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow, that is a great rate that you got at GCH! How far in advance did you book it?

IdahoMike
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I booked it in September for a January trip. I am still wondering if there was some type of computer glitch due to the change from 2006 to 2007, but either way, they honored the price, and it was awesome!

Rteneyck
01-30-2007, 07:13 AM
I also like to use getawaytoday. I am a travel agent and can usually find some pretty good deals, and getawaytoday almost always beats the other travel agents. I used them for December and got a great rate at the PP with the 4th night free.

disneyshoes
01-30-2007, 08:21 AM
We got a rate in July for 200.00 at DLR! They offer a HUGE discount for Seniors- much better then AAA. We are going with my parents- they also allow seniors to book up to 2 rooms which is perfect for us!

RedwoodMaiTai
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
We just booked our May trip through Travelocity. If you stay at the Paradise Pier, they throw in a free $150 Disney gift card. We have always stayed at GCH, but they have now raised their rates to $340 per night, so paying $225 at the Paradise Pier seemed a better deal for us, especially with the gift card.

Good luck planning your vacation!

kewlyloch
01-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone! LOVEDISNEY - What age does DLR concider a senior? My parents will most likely be going with us, so we might be able to use that.

RedwoodMaiTai - I saw that $150 thing on Travelocity and wondered what it meant because they don't really explain it. Thanks for clearing that up! Can you turn around and use the gift card to pay for the room? Also, do you know if PP has suites like the Disneyland hotel does?

disneyshoes
01-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone! LOVEDISNEY - What age does DLR concider a senior? My parents will most likely be going with us, so we might be able to use that.

RedwoodMaiTai - I saw that $150 thing on Travelocity and wondered what it meant because they don't really explain it. Thanks for clearing that up! Can you turn around and use the gift card to pay for the room? Also, do you know if PP has suites like the Disneyland hotel does?

I am not sure...they asked the age of my parents (65) and gave me the rate. I would guess anywhere from 60-65.

kewlyloch
01-30-2007, 09:36 AM
I am not sure...they asked the age of my parents (65) and gave me the rate. I would guess anywhere from 60-65.

Thanks. My mom will be 55 when we go. I know that they have AARP today, which starts at 50 years old. I wonder if Disneyland does the same. I will have to check into that!

disneyshoes
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks. My mom will be 55 when we go. I know that they have AARP today, which starts at 50 years old. I wonder if Disneyland does the same. I will have to check into that!

I hope so- that would be great :)

RedwoodMaiTai
01-30-2007, 09:40 AM

I don't think you can use the $150 gift card towards your room, as Travelocity will charge the entire amount to your credit card at the time you book, but you can use it for food, souveniers, etc. in DL and DCA. The PP does have suites, but I have never actually stayed there, so I can't give you any details. You should try going to Disneyland.com and viewing the resort hotels.

kewlyloch
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks a lot for all your help! I will be checking into all this stuff!

Monteztribe
01-30-2007, 12:31 PM
[solicitation removed]

You can get the $150 gift card for booking 4 nights at a disneyland resort hotel. That is an offer from walt disney travel. It will come with travelocity packages, AAA, costco, and WDTC packages as well. Using a live disney travel agent is best. If you look around on the internet and find a great package, call a Disney travel agent and ask us to try and beat it. We normally can. We are well informed by Disney of things the general public may not know. For example, I was able to get 4th nights free at the Clarion and StayBridge Suites for my clients. You would not know that when using the internet booking systems. Feel free to e-mail me if you need more help. Once you find a deal you think is great, give WDTC a chance to beat it. We normally can.

You can also buy an annual pass rather than a normal park hopper for one person in your travel group. That person can then make reservations at resort hotels for the entire party on the AP night discount. Right now that allows you to stay at PP for $119.

We leave for our Disneland vacation in 6 days. We can't wait!

Wendi

disneycanuk
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
curious the rates you talk about can you beat the industry rate that the disney hotels offer I work for a hotel company in canada and everytime i stay at a disney hotel I phone and get a decent rate if so next time I'll book through you guys, would be nice to get the gifts you offer and the toontown madness I have never been able to catch it for that reason