PDA

View Full Version : height problem in reverse

virgojmk
01-28-2007, 06:31 AM
What do you do with a autistic dare devil 8 year old who has just reached 52", big enough for mailboomer, but I'm too nervous to let her go on.
She went on a ride at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, the hang gliding one, thought she was going to fall out. Plus that case of the boy getting out of his restraints at Great America a few year back (and yes we were at the park when that happened)
The easiest way is to tell her she's too short, so any shrinking ideas?
Thought I'd offer to take her on jumping jellyfish, but was interested if anyone else had suggestions.
She loves tot, but that at least has a floor.

LUV_U_MICKEY
01-28-2007, 06:40 AM
I have an autistic nephue who love rides as well. Every year when the fair comes through town he has to go on all the ones he can. He can even measure himself. He just turned 8 this past month. Now cause he can teell us if he can ride or not it makes what your proposing a little harder. So try what we do. We have explaine to him that if he wish to ride he CAN NOT touch the seat belts and he must sit beside an adult. HE was 52inch last year and I had a great view of the sky many times on all the rides that go up side down. And I am talking about non disney rides, they never seem to be as secure as the disney ones. I bet that the saftey measures are even better their.