PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland References In Movies/TV Shows

Pages : [1] 2

MonorailMan
05-31-2002, 04:13 PM
Have you heard of any DL references in TV shows or movies?

If so Post them Here!

I found 2:

In the army now(?) w/ Polly Shore, Buena Vista Entertainment: He says: "It's just like Pirates Of the Carribbean, all we need the mangy dog."

Home Improvement, ABC: Wilson has a "Tiki Room" in his house full of parrots.

Got any others?

MickeyD
05-31-2002, 05:46 PM
Jurrasic Park

John Hammond: All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked.

Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

BTW, I don't make up inaccuracies, I just quote them. :)

HTHBellcaptain
05-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Portions of 40 Pounds of Trouble were filmed at Disneyland. It starred Tony Curtis.

LIMANDL4EVA
05-31-2002, 07:52 PM
Captain Ron:
Sometihng Like
"Yeah boss, the pirates of the caribbean."
"The pirates of the caribbean? someone has been to disney world one too many times"

PaleRider
05-31-2002, 09:10 PM
I saw Blue Thunder (1983) the other day…

And I noticed in one scene, while Frank Murphy (Roy Scheider, Jaws) and his family were driving to a theme park (not DL), there was an old DL parking pass hanging from the rearview mirror.

Check it out, if you’re really bored.
:sleep:

Uncle Dick
06-01-2002, 05:09 AM
From "The Stepford Wives":

Joanna Eberhart: Why do they call you Diz?
Dale Coba: I used to work in Disneyland.
Joanna Eberhart: No, really!
Dale Coba: No. Really.
Joanna Eberhart: I don't believe you.
Dale Coba: Why not?
Joanna Eberhart: You don't seem to be the kind of person that likes to make other people happy.

On a related tangent, when is WDI going to start selling Animatronic chicks? I'd buy one… :eek:

pinkpail
06-01-2002, 08:42 PM
I had Leave it to Beaver on the other day and I heard Beaver say when I get married I am never taking my wife anywhere, not even Disneyland.

MonorailMan
06-01-2002, 09:19 PM
The movie Escape From LA: There's a "Happy Kingdom", that looks somewhat like DL.

Survivor 4: Sean said "To Neleh, it's like Disneyland."

Largent81
06-01-2002, 09:38 PM
In a movie we rented tonight, Digging to China, the little girl named Harriet asked Ricky, "You have California (license) plates, are you from Disneyland?" Then later, Ricky came up and gave Harriet a postcard from Disneyland. She said she wanted to live there, he said it's not a real house. She said that she knew that, it was a castle. He corrected her again and told her it wasn't a real castle, people don't live at Disneyland. She said something to the effect of, "Well, you know, I want to live there anyway."

Also, in Girl Interrupted, the two characters talk about running away to Disneyworld to be Cinderella and Snow White. I don't remember the exact details or the characters names, but I remember that part about WDW.

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have bothered. This post doesn't make much sense.....

MickeyD
06-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Gaa! Why didn't I think of this one yesterday??

From Mallrats:

Trisha: When are men going to learn that women want romance, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Brodie: Be fair, alright, everyone want's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

:D

Briarose710
06-01-2002, 11:48 PM
an Old "Saved by the bell re-run" if anyone's a fan its the one thats a dream sequence with Casey kasem guest tarring Zack's "Band" becomes famous
anyways screech says something along the lines of "THey offered me ticketst to Disneyland and i spilled"

Nigel2
06-02-2002, 12:00 AM
Oh, that one show that makes one want to slit their wrists... what is it... oh Blossom.:D They did an episode there when toontown was new and they had one of them talking to Lincon, they dumped ice out of the sky buckets, and did a little show off of toontown.

AnimeNut
06-02-2002, 04:09 AM
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Ted: What about The Hall of Presidents?
Bill: Good thinking, Ted. What did he say?
Ted: "Welcome to the Hall of Presidents."

justagrrl
06-02-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Oh, that one show that makes one want to slit their wrists... what is it... oh Blossom.:D They did an episode there when toontown was new and they had one of them talking to Lincon, they dumped ice out of the sky buckets, and did a little show off of toontown.

Sheesh - that right there says just how old Toon Town is and just how badly it's in need of a paint job!

coronamouseman
06-02-2002, 08:02 AM
The Michael Crichton movies Westworld and Futureworld pay direct homage to the theme park concept (albeit with more technology than one could believe). And his Jurassic Park is obviously in the same vein based upon the theme park concept.

Matterhorn Fan
06-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Rachel on Friends: If you go to Disneyland, you don't spend all day on the Matterhorn.

EandCDad
06-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Some losers ..... errrr ... "dedicated fans" have put together a pretty comprehensive list of Disneyland and Disney references in the Simpsons (http://www.snpp.com/guides/disney.html) .

Gemini Cricket
06-02-2002, 11:49 AM
I posted some of these on another thread:

"That Thing You Do" - a band member flakes out on an appearance to go to Disneyland. They show him riding the Matterhorn.

"Marvin's Room" - They go to the Magic Kingdom @ WDW. Someone passes out there.

"Apocalypse Now" - Lance: "This is better than Disneyland"

"Pretty Woman" - Kit (Laura San Giacomo) mentions Cinderella in a rated R sort of way.

Someone in "Hot Shots 1 or 2" says "I'm going to Disneyland."

"Welcome to the Dollhouse" - Dawn is on her way to WDW at the end.

"Stand By Me" - What the heck is Goofy conversation...

"Space Jam" - Bugs: "What kind of a Mickey Mouse outfit would name their team The Ducks?"

and pretty much everything in "Shrek". :):D

malin
06-02-2002, 02:20 PM
I am a Wrestling fan.How many people admit to that one.However a few years a go when the WCW Nitro was being shown on TNT.One of the wrestlers was a guy named Ric Flair and his character was kind of a bit like Hugh Hefner the millionaire tycoon who owns the Playboy mags.And he used to always make a reference to his woman riding Space Mountain all night long.Refering to his love live.And one day Kevin Knash made a referance back saying how Space Mountain was the oldest ride in the park.Refering back to Flair's age.Flair than comented back that while Space Mountain was the oldest ride in the the park it was the ride with the longest line.WCW also used to tape programs live from MGM Studios in Florida and even had a few live tv events from there.

Another reference is in former WWE(WWF) wrestler Mick Foley two books.Infact at the end of the second book his last qoute is this:what am I going to do now that I have retired.Take my family to Disneyland.

gwegowy
06-02-2002, 10:21 PM
space balls (when those little jawa type creature come out):

"When did we get to disneyland"

dizneelover
06-03-2002, 12:52 AM
On the King of the Hill where Hank resorts to working at the pre-blown up Mega Lo Mart, he is talking to some other people his age who also resorted to working there. One guy says that Mego Lo Mart shut down the "Main Street" in Arlen. Hank replied "The only place you can find a Main Street now is at Disneyland, and just try to buy a gun there!" (probably not exact, but close enough)

MagicBeliever
06-03-2002, 03:48 PM
This isn't a movie or TV, but my aunt has a Sears "Dream Book" catalog from 1955 and there are a ton of references to Disneyland in it.

Largent81
06-03-2002, 03:57 PM
On an episode of Friends, Ross tells about him and his ex-wife being thrown out of Disneyland for "something" they did on It's a Small World.

On a veggietales "silly songs with Larry" segment. During the "Dance of the Cucumber", Jr. Asparagus runs up to Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato with a hat that mocks mickey ears. (Two peas instead of ears, kinda cute.) He yells to his Dad to take a picture of him with the vegetables in their "authentic argentinian garb." His father let's him know it's ok, but they have to hurry because the dwarfs seemed to have mistaken his mother for someone else (Snow White).

Ace
06-03-2002, 04:51 PM
not surprising... everyone knows about Disneyland.

RStar
06-04-2002, 08:06 AM
The other day I put the tape of "Mouse Hunt" with Nathan Lang(sp?Lane?). I forgot about these two Disney references.

1) While having the auction for the house, it is full of people from around the world. While Nathan Lang (voice of Timon from Lion King) was walking through the room he passes an African man and says "Oh, Akuna Matata!" (sp?)

2) To the mouse at the end of the movie he says "You could be my spokeman. I know another company who has a mouse as a spokesman, and they are doing quite well!"

Also in the Little Moochie (sp?) football episode they play the last game at Disneyland (in holidayland I belive) and the winners get to go into disneyland to ride the rides (of course Moochies team wins). They show short clips of DL while they are inside.