PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen blocked out Feb 3

Courtney Anne
01-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Well, the other day I finally called to make a PS for my birthday meal. I had decided on Goofy's Kitchen based on the feedback I rec'd on this site.

However, The CM told me that it was blocked out for the morning and would not be open until the same time as the park.

I then asked about Plaza Inn inside the park - it also opened at the same time as the park (9AM).

The only choice left was PPH and the Lilo and Stich breakfast. We were able to make a PS for 7AM the morning of Sat., Feb 3.

I had considered Storyteller's breifly - but wanted some of the Fab5 characters - and I was pretty sure I heard they were not available at GCH. If I am wrong - please let me know.

I was able to make a PS for Goofy's on our last day... but not for my birthday.

Was my Lilo and Stich choice okay for breakfast - or will I be disappointed ?

I like to eat a big breakfast, eggs, pancakes, meats, biscuits, fresh fruit... and fill up before the park opens - then walk up to the gates and into the park as one of the first guests in. I also like great character interaction and the chance for pictures.

My son's favorite character is Stich - so that is why I wasn't too upset with the choice - but I haven't heard anybody say anything good about PPH Breakfast so...

thanks,

disney jones
01-27-2007, 11:42 PM
PPH Lilo and Stitch is a great breakfast experience!! it has the best pricing (especially if you don't get the buffet), the most interactivity with the kids (lots of games with them), a relaxed atmosphere, and fun characters (Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, Minnie, Daisy) - you won't be disappointed.

Courtney Anne
01-28-2007, 12:15 AM
PPH Lilo and Stitch is a great breakfast experience!! it has the best pricing (especially if you don't get the buffet), the most interactivity with the kids (lots of games with them), a relaxed atmosphere, and fun characters (Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, Minnie, Daisy) - you won't be disappointed.

Thanks. We usually do the buffet so we can get seconds (or thirds) of what we really liked and really fill up. Then we eat snacks (code for junk food) during the day and eat a little something for dinner late at night.

I am glad someone was able to reply so quickly.

I can't sleep and I am just sitting here with nothing to do - so I stare at these boards.

seattlemouse
01-28-2007, 06:19 AM
I was thinking of doing PS for a Feb 3 brunch too. We're staying at the Grand Cal (AP Rates!) so I thought about Storytellers. Hmmm, I've never been to Paradise Pier, at all, actually. It sounds fun.

I'm lucky if my little kids eat first, so we don't do the buffet, but I think Goofy's kitchen is only buffet. I think we'll do Storytellers just because it's close. Last time the bears from Brother Bear came up behind my older son who was 3 at the time and scared him, the bear didn't mean to, but that put my son off characters for a while. He's almost 5 and still kind of scared.

disneyochem
01-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Lilo & Stich breakfast is one of our favorite places to eat! The food is good and the character interaction cannot be beat! Food has a little bit of an Asian flair to it--rice, teriyaki, etc. But there is plenty of eggs, Mickey pancakes, bacon and such! Don't miss the pineapple scones--yummy. It is not as crowded as Goofy's. Every 15 minutes there is an interactive activity for the kids--learning how to hula dance, playing island chairs (musical chairs), singing, etc. There is a host with a microphone that helps coordinate and direct the activities so it is not mayhem! Also have a number of stages so you will have lots of photo ops. You will get buttons that say "Lilo & Stich" and a plastic lei. Characters that we have seen include Lilo, Stich, Daisy Duck, Minnie Mouse, Jasmine and Pluto.

All in all, my kids prefer to eat breakfast at Lilo as opposed to Storyteller's, Plaza Inn or Goofy's. (Of course, they love Goody's so we still hit that place for a late lunch.)

yellowrosedtxn
01-28-2007, 07:34 AM
In the summer of 2005 we made it a point to do all the character meals (very expensive) but I didn't think I was going to go back to the parks for quite a while. I really had a good time at PPH with Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Goofy and Daisy. I would do that breakfast again because I was able to pick a meal and not get the buffet if I didn't want too. Also I really enjoyed the time that the characters spent at our table and PLAYING with the kids in an area of the room. I would recommend that breakfast for anyone. I hope to make it back to the parks in May for the Pirates premier and I will be going with two girls (15). I will definately make it a point to go to breakfast there on that trip!

Shelley

Courtney Anne
01-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks everybody. I hadn't heard much so I didn't know what to think about it. I guess I will have a Lilo and Stitch pin and lei for my bday. (haha it rhymes)

When you say ASIAN flair - will there be enough "regular" breakfast foods ?

We can be a picky mom and son combo. Eggs, pancakes, potatoes, sausage and bacon is what we are looking for ! Plus I love the fresh fruit !

disneyochem
01-28-2007, 03:10 PM
There is plenty of American food--lots of eggs, cooked-to-order omelette station, sausage patties, bacon, potatoes o'brien, pancakes, mickey waffles, pastries, strawberries, watermelon, cantalope, bananas, apples. That's all that I can remember! Don't worry you'll find lots to eat! I passed on the salmon and rice dishes.

DisneyLynn
01-28-2007, 06:05 PM
We did Lilo & Stich last week and loved it! I thought the character interaction was better than at Goofy's and the food was great - all the regular breakfast stuff!!

Courtney Anne
01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
There is plenty of American food--lots of eggs, cooked-to-order omelette station, sausage patties, bacon, potatoes o'brien, pancakes, mickey waffles, pastries, strawberries, watermelon, cantalope, bananas, apples. That's all that I can remember! Don't worry you'll find lots to eat! I passed on the salmon and rice dishes.

YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks