PDA

View Full Version : Crab Missing from Pirates of the Caribbean

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

vfire
01-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Right after the second initial drop there is a scene to the boat's right with a sword-skewered skeleton and an animatronic crab. Today the crab was missing with instead what appeared to be some pink ribbons in its place. Did it get taken backstage for repair or did some boat visitor reach out and steal the crab?

Vegitabeta
01-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Pink Ribbons?

crrees
01-27-2007, 05:25 AM
possibly a calling card from some evil villain? Darla?

Another Dimension
01-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Maybe he went out with the tide?

--
Many cameras..., most likely being worked on, for some reason.

Hopefully not broken by some lame Guest.

ScottDisneyFan
01-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe something to do with breast cancer

King of the Frogs
01-27-2007, 07:03 PM
This must be one of the crabs now resident in the Sub lagoon.

See what happens after all the guests leave? The crabs are migrating to newer accommodations.....

Next will be the crayfish from the Rivers of America!

potzbie
01-27-2007, 07:25 PM
This must be one of the crabs now resident in the Sub lagoon.

See what happens after all the guests leave? The crabs are migrating to newer accommodations.....

Next will be the crayfish from the Rivers of America!

LOL :D

That is what *I* was going to say!
... so I will say this instead ...

"Beware of the crab legs you order at Blue Bayou -- the electronic wires may not have been fully removed in the cooking process!"
:)

Pirate Princess
01-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Maybe something to do with breast cancer
My guess too... Crab = Cancer and Pink Ribbons = Breast Cancer

Can't imagine this was sponsered by DL... but I guess stranger things have happened.

vfire
01-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Has anyone been on PotC since yesterday? Is the crab back? It looked like pink ribbons (similar in shade to the crab's shell) but I was so startled not seeing my favorite crab that I may have gotten the details wrong of what was left in place of the animatronic crab. I know people used to swipe Snow White's apple so it was replaced with a not-so-convincing holographic image. I wonder if someone just leaned over and swiped the crab as a souvenir, or if the crab's just backstage for a tune-up.

Katran
01-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Is it not possible that the crab was removed for repairs and the ribbons are just there so that whoever puts it back can easily find the spot where it needs to be attached back into the underground wiring?

Vegitabeta
01-29-2007, 03:24 AM
Is it not possible that the crab was removed for repairs and the ribbons are just there so that whoever puts it back can easily find the spot where it needs to be attached back into the underground wiring?
Lol, that makes the most sense!:p

Disneynerd
01-29-2007, 04:24 AM
Right after the second initial drop there is a scene to the boat's right with a sword-skewered skeleton and an animatronic crab. Today the crab was missing with instead what appeared to be some pink ribbons in its place. Did it get taken backstage for repair or did some boat visitor reach out and steal the crab?I love how you described the "skewed" skeleton. This thread is making me hungry. Drawn butter anyone?

Katran
01-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Lol, that makes the most sense!:p

Yeah, every once in awhile I do that, lol! :p

Well, we'll be there in about 3 days. I'll let everyone know if the crab has returned, if it doesn't show up before then.

I love how you described the "skewed" skeleton. This thread is making me hungry. Drawn butter anyone?

Mmmmm...ribs and crab legs dipped in warm melted butter. Two of my favorite foods!!

Speaking of which, off-topic I know, but does anyone know if the ribs at the Blue Bayou are any good?

Malcon10t
01-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Mmmmm...ribs and crab legs dipped in warm melted butter. Two of my favorite foods!!

Speaking of which, off-topic I know, but does anyone know if the ribs at the Blue Bayou are any good?Haven't had the ones at Blue Bayou, but my son and I like the ones at River Belle Terrace.

Katran
02-12-2007, 05:24 AM
I noticed that the crab was still missing on our trip. I didn't see any pink ribbons. I'm wondering if the pinkish-colored seaweed is what everyone was talking about? It was strewn all over that spot.

vfire
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I noticed that the crab was still missing on our trip. I didn't see any pink ribbons. I'm wondering if the pinkish-colored seaweed is what everyone was talking about? It was strewn all over that spot.

Thanks for the update. I'm going on Wednesday and I guess there'll be no crab claw clicking at me after the drop. I'm going to miss that crab.
Pink seaweed sounds a lot more likely than pink ribbons.

Katran
02-12-2007, 11:49 AM

I agree. Plus, it's strewn all over that area, not just the spot where the crab was.

tod
02-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Seaweed. That's what it looked like to me.

--t

Vegitabeta
02-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Seaweed. That's what it looked like to me.

--t
Sounds about right!

Katran
02-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I saw seaweed when I looked at it. I wondered why it was pinkish, but I've honestly never seen dried seaweed, so I wouldn't know if that's a typical color for it or not.

yohomama212
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
We went yesterday and I didn't see the crab or any pink. We saw a very subtle orange square where the crab should have been, but only half our group noticed even that. Hope the crab returns soon.

Liz :cool:

Vegitabeta
02-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey, maybe he's just on vacation!

Katran
02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I wonder why he's been gone for so long. Our trip was almost two weeks ago, and he was gone for several days before that.

Vegitabeta
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I wonder why he's been gone for so long. Our trip was almost two weeks ago, and he was gone for several days before that.
Everyone needs a time out!

Pirate Princess
02-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Everyone needs a time out!
I heard it was because he was too crabby.

(insert crickets)