PDA

View Full Version : [Patina Event] Exclusive Invitation for Annual Passholders - Dine at Downtown Disney®

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AVP
01-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Exclusive Invitation for Annual Passholders
Dine at Downtown Disney®

Join us for a culinary tour of the Patina Restaurant Group’s Downtown Disney® District restaurants. Sample a signature cocktail and regional delicacies as you visit each of our unique dining destinations. Taste highlights of authentic Mexican food with live mariachi music at Tortilla Jo’s, Mediterranean delicacies at Catal Restaurant and homemade Italian specialties at Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria.

Monday, February 5, 2007
5-8pm
$10 per passholder*
RSVP to 866 9 PATINA or kgaines@patinagroup.com

*Must show valid annual passport to participate. Each passholder may bring one non-passholder guest. One alcoholic beverage per person per restaurant.

mckygirl99
01-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Been waiting for this! Thanks so much AVP!

Wait! Only 3 hours and one alcoholic beverage per local? Oh well, guess I won't notice the difference with the alcohol since I am pregnant. Great deal though since a margarita at Tortilla Joe's is $8.

hickorydickory
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I am going!!!! :D :D :D

cstephens
01-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Only 3 hours and one alcoholic beverage per local?

Actually, since it's one per restaurant, that would be 3 drinks per person.

Guess they learned their lesson.

Thanks for the info, Adrienne.

mckygirl99
01-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Actually, since it's one per restaurant, that would be 3 drinks per person.

Guess they learned their lesson.

Thanks for the info, Adrienne.

Hence one alcoholic beverage per local.

Another Dimension
01-26-2007, 01:40 PM
$10 per passholder*

*Must show valid annual passport to participate. Each passholder may bring one non-passholder guest.

Does that mean the Passholder is paying $10 and the Guest is free?
...or is it $10 per head (AP & Guest), like in the past?

Some changes from the past.
It seems like Patina is definitely attempting to limit the crowd-size this time with only one Guest per AP, and it looks like the BATF has descended on this event also, with the extreme limit of (alc) drinks this time. But this change is kind of expected, based on their SOP.

Or maybe Patina just had troubles with some obviously drunk APs last time... :rolleyes:
But I have an idea when 'unlimited' drinks are involved, the BATF will always eventually clamp down. Like they did at the Carnival of Beers festivals at the former Hofbrau in Fullerton.

The event still sounds fun..
Hopefully the crowd-size will be much more limited than the last one.

Looking forward to this!!! :D

Thanks for posting the info!

D-lander 1956
01-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I've been waiting on pins & needles for this announcement - thanks for the info AVP!!! :D :D :D

motoxprincess31
01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
This sounds like so much fun! I am really looking forward to this!

cstephens
01-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Hence one alcoholic beverage per local.

OK, apparently, I'm unaware that "local" means "restaurant". I was wondering why only APs who were local to SoCal could attend, but maybe I'm just confused.

Does that mean the Passholder is paying $10 and the Guest is free?
...or is it $10 per head (AP & Guest), like in the past?

It's $10 per person. You have to be an AP to attend, but each AP can bring one non-AP person with them, who must also pay the $10. If you don't have an AP and can't find someone with an AP to "sponsor" you, you presumablyl can't go.

IBATF

?

with the extreme limit of (alc) drinks this time.

Extreme? Three free alcoholic drinks for $10, and food as well? Not the word I'd use. Frankly, I was amazed there wasn't a cap on the alcohol before, especially for that price.

Another Dimension
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
OK, apparently, I'm unaware that "local" means "restaurant". I was wondering why only APs who were local to SoCal could attend, but maybe I'm just confused.

I think the word intended was 'locale', not local. ;)

It's $10 per person. You have to be an AP to attend, but each AP can bring one non-AP person with them, who must also pay the $10. If you don't have an AP and can't find someone with an AP to "sponsor" you, you presumablyl can't go.

Thank you for the clarification. :)
The way the release is worded, The Passholder is paying $10 and they may bring one Guest.

IBATF

= BATF .. AKA the Booze, Gun and Ciggie People....
It's a typo... just like presumablyl. ;)

Extreme? Three free alcoholic drinks for $10, and food as well? Not the word I'd use.

I'm not complaining about the price, the previous offerings or the present offerings... at all.
It was a choice of a word I made and I stick by it. It's really nothing to get extreme about. ;)
Extreme = From unlimited to 3, despite the price.
It's actually a wholly adequate and acceptible adjective IMO, when comparing unlimited (by personal choice) to 3 (absolute maximum limit).

Frankly, I was amazed there wasn't a cap on the alcohol before, especially for that price.

Me too... but I still feel it's quite possible the BATF had as much to do with the drinks limit this time as Patina saving money and/or not being pleased with possibly dealing with sloshed AP's & their Guest(s) craving more, again.

hickorydickory
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I called and rsvp'd do you suppose we will get some sort of confirmation? My connection sucked so I am a little nervous that my info was not correctly taken.

Karin
01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
My connection sucked so I am a little nervous that my info was not correctly taken.

You might want to e-mail, too, just to be sure they get it.

Boo's Mommy
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I tried sending an RSVP by e-mail, listing the parties names, oops, forgot the contact phone number....but I just left a message also with the names and phone number. What other information do they need? Do they need our AP numbers right now as well? Will they send an RSVP?
This is sooo exciting!

Courtney Anne
01-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I still want to go !!!

Anybody want to "sponsor" me ?

SoCalSteven
01-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Anyone gotten a reply to their email?

nursemelis374
01-29-2007, 07:49 AM
I received a reply to email, but only because I did not clarify who was an AP and who was not. I have never gotten responses to the email RSVP in the past.

They said that they are really clamping down this time and they will be checking APs.

SoCalSteven
01-29-2007, 07:52 AM
I received a reply to email, but only because I did not clarify who was an AP and who was not. I have never gotten responses to the email RSVP in the past.

They said that they are really clamping down this time and they will be checking APs.
So, think they are just getting a headcount? My email said there would be two APs and two guests.

Boo's Mommy
01-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Have they every "missplaced" someones reservation in the past? I'm worried about that. I have that uncanny problem of places losing my reservation....And before anyone chides me about that, i usually e-mail AND call on reservations. I did here too! I cross my fingers we won't have any problems that evening!

skoolpsyk
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Have they every "missplaced" someones reservation in the past? I'm worried about that. I have that uncanny problem of places losing my reservation....And before anyone chides me about that, i usually e-mail AND call on reservations. I did here too! I cross my fingers we won't have any problems that evening!

we emailed and called and still no rsvp...

So where does it start at? (where do we show up to if we never get an rsvp?!)

AVP
01-29-2007, 12:36 PM
So where does it start at? (where do we show up to if we never get an rsvp?!)If they run it like the past events, it starts where you want it to start. You can sign in at any of the three restaurants. They did this to help distribute the crowd. *WE* usually start at Tortilla Jo's and move to Catal and then Naples, but you can do the reverse or start at Catal.

AVP

skoolpsyk
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
If they run it like the past events, it starts where you want it to start. You can sign in at any of the three restaurants. They did this to help distribute the crowd. *WE* usually start at Tortilla Jo's and move to Catal and then Naples, but you can do the reverse or start at Catal.

AVP

oh ok! thanks that's very helpful! so you spend as much time as you want at each one? or is there some kind of presentation at each one that last a certain amount of time? do they give you a tour of the kitchen or anything?

Boo's Mommy
01-30-2007, 08:24 AM
A few more silly questions....
1. Are you only allowed to each restaurant once? for example, let's say you went to catal's but they ran out of food and the wait was too long, can you go to naples, then come back to catal? I understand the beverage is limited to 1 per person.

2. Is there a dress code? tie required? no sandals? etc?

3. is it a buffet style or sit down meal where the waiters bring what you want? i read past posts and thought it i read people in a buffet, while othere posts said they where seated and attended by a wait staff.

Wendi
01-30-2007, 09:07 AM
You can go back and forth as much as you want to all of the restaurants until the event ends. Last time I started at Tortilla Jo's, moved on to Catal, then Naples... hit the parks for a few rides, then stopped in for one more round at Tortilla Jo's before heading back to the Disneyland Hotel for the night.

No dress code - just regular DLR attire.

It is buffet style - you get what you want and grab a table. There were waitstaff on hand refilling drinks, etc. Not sure how that will be this time since it's one alcoholic beverage per person, but I'm sure they'll still come around with the water pitcher and to clear plates, etc.

There is no kitchen tour or anything like that, I wish there was, that would be fun too! There is a Mariachi band at Tortilla Jo's and possibly some other entertainment planned, but I doubt there will be any formal schedule to anything.

adriennek
01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
I RSVP'd. I'm posting that here because if anyone here sees me, recognizes me, and doesn't say hello, I will be bitter and resentful and hold it against you. And you will lose your chance to get a swanky MousePlanet button from me. FOR FREEEEEEEEE.

The choice is yours.

;)

Adrienne

Boo's Mommy
01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
I RSVP'd. I'm posting that here because if anyone here sees me, recognizes me, and doesn't say hello, I will be bitter and resentful and hold it against you. And you will lose your chance to get a swanky MousePlanet button from me. FOR FREEEEEEEEE.

The choice is yours.

;)

Adrienne

:eek: I'd say hello! And you won't get my kids to stop saying Hello either! But I don't know what you look like? How will we recognize you?