PDA

View Full Version : voucher vs. actual ticket?

hawaiimom
01-26-2007, 09:19 AM
I checked on getawaytoday.com and the package states that the ticket voucher must be redeemed before a certain date. Does that mean I have to stand in line at the ticket window to get the passes? I've only used travel agencies before and we got the actual tickets for DL and vouchers for Knotts, Sea World, etc.

my2princesses
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure, but I would think that it means the ticket voucher is a regular ticket that must be used by a certain date.

Michelle

Katran
01-26-2007, 09:28 AM
When I used vouchers I just had to go to the customer service window to the left of the gates to exchange it for an actual ticket. I believe that is how they are still doing it. And that's nice because the line is not usually anywhere near as long as the regular ticket booth lines are. In fact, on a couple of occasions I was able to walk right up to the window.

hawaiimom
01-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks. That makes a big difference. I really want to take this getawaytoday.com package because the GCH is available. I have rooms booked with AAA at DLH because they said GCH is booked but they are the same price.

Katran
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I usually book my trips through Expedia.com, and they do the same thing. It can take a little while for the CM at the window to process the voucher, especially if they've never done one before, but it's still faster than waiting in line at the ticket booth.

Darkbeer
01-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Disneyland Tickets are the size of a Credit Card, with a bar code in the lower left corner.

If you did not get a "ticket", then you can go to Will Call with the voucher, which is located in the South-East corner Ticket Booth, near the Lion King Tram and Lost and Found (DCA). These lines tend to move fairly quickly, as all they have to do is process the voucher and print the tickets.

Katran
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Is it at one of the ticket booths now? As of two years ago it was at the customer service window, which is to the left of the main gates, away from the ticket booths (south-east, north-west, etc. mean nothing to me; I can't tell directions that way in an unfamiliar place).

Darkbeer
01-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Here is a marked photo of where the windows are.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=668818

But to be honest, ANY ticket booth can handle the transaction. But the Will Call area tends to moves fairly quickly versus the standard windows, or the Guest Services windows.

Katran
01-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh, I see. I always went to the Guest Services window (farther up and left in that screen), and it usually went pretty quick.