PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone remember this from the park?

awinner
05-31-2002, 01:10 PM
I remember years ago (at least 10 or more years ago)...didn't there used to be some type of big statue or soldier (perhaps animatronic) that stood inside the entrance of Sleeping Beauty's Castle or maybe it was somewhere else...i think its leg used to go up and down w/ perhaps a staph in its hand...can some one please help me refresh my memory>?

Lost Boy
05-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Well, I have been going to the Park since the day it opened on an average of once or more a month and I have never seen any statue that moved inside or near the entrance to the Castle. There is a nice bronze water statue thingee of Sleeping Beauty and her Prince just inside the courtyard over by what used to be the entrance to the Castle Walkthru, but it is small and doesn't move. Sorry.

Ace
05-31-2002, 09:01 PM
holy cat tacos! 47 years of operation and 12 months/year equals 564 (approx.) visits to Disneyland! whoa!

Nigel2
05-31-2002, 09:53 PM
That almost sounds like it was in It's A Small World...:)

justagrrl
06-01-2002, 06:01 AM
Yeah - I was thinking maybe the figurines that come out in front of It's a Small World.

ILikeScrooge
06-01-2002, 06:53 AM
OK, it seems like I've been to the Park a lot, but once or twice a month since it opened? That's a lot of visits!

Just inside the Castle, to the left as you walk to the center, in the window above there is a Evil Queen who makes her appearance every so often....Could this be the mysterious "big statue or soldier". (Ok, I agree this was just an excuse to post a reply...)

Lost Boy
06-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Hey Squinky and all those who keep track of this kind of thing,l just to let you know, that was a good job of math and figuring things out. But there is more.

For 2 1/2 years a friend and I went every Sunday from Park Opening to Park Closing, sometime staying till long after the park closed, thanks to some Cast Member friends. Going every Sunday for 2 + years, you meet a lot of interesting people, see a lot of interesting things, and get to learn a lot about how things work, and how things run.

No, I am not crazy. I love Disneyland more than any other spot on Earth and will go whenever I can at the drop of a hat. Even now, on a limited budget, moving, still moving and being very sick most of the time, I will go to Disneyland/DCA as often as I can.

Nigel2
06-01-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Yeah - I was thinking maybe the figurines that come out in front of It's a Small World.
To be specific the one I am thinking of the the Buckingham style Guard [The only brit guards I know are Yeomen Warders and (I think they may be the same peope) the beefeaters] since he had a gun that could be like a staff (or he may have had one) and he moved a little.:D