PDA

View Full Version : Why late hours in most of March?

Doodle Duck
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Open till at least eleven from the 9th on? How come why for huh?

ssturgeo
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Spring breaks

Doodle Duck
01-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Wow...I thought it was April-ish. Thanks. Guess we move the vacation time to end of April.

just beatla33
01-25-2007, 09:22 AM
and weekends closes on midnights come Feb 10, woohoo party

MollyTrolly
01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Its interesting spring breaks are starting so soon, our isnt till April 2-6, with easter being on 4/8. I know some schools do it a week or so early but thats really early. Oh well its nice to know the park will be open later I guess.

mycutekitties
01-25-2007, 09:30 AM
We are going 3/24-3/29 so I hope it's not to busy with Spring Break kids!

Rteneyck
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
we going for my daughters spring break March 11-14. Can't wait. After xmas, we can brave anything. :)

acpalmer
01-25-2007, 10:39 AM
We are going for our Spring Break the 25-29 of March. Not everywhere ties Spring Break to Easter anymore (separation of church and state and all that). :) Obviously some still do, but not all.

Darkbeer
01-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Disney has 5 weeks of Spring/Easter Break, three weeks of 11 PM weekday closures in March, followed by 2 weeks of Midnight closings in April. The April dates are the week before and week after Easter, and have more Entertainment choices, as they are treated as "PEAK" weeks, similar to Peak Summer and Christmas periods.

The three weeks in March will not be treated as PEAK weeks, but basically expanded hours due to expected LARGE crowds.

So Disney is expecting the April dates to be busier than the 3 weeks in March, but based on last year, it didn't seem much different.

Katran
01-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Its interesting spring breaks are starting so soon, our isnt till April 2-6, with easter being on 4/8. I know some schools do it a week or so early but thats really early. Oh well its nice to know the park will be open later I guess.

My kids' Spring Breaks have always been in March. I'm pretty sure mine were too back when I was a kid. In fact, I never even knew until fairly recently that anyone anywhere had Spring Break as late as April. My kids finish school the end of May or very early June, so an April Spring Break would be really late for us.

TiggerRPh
01-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Wow...I thought it was April-ish. Thanks. Guess we move the vacation time to end of April.

Most colleges and Universities start having Spring Breaks in March even though Easter is in April.

houseofmouse
01-26-2007, 07:56 AM
I just looked on Disneylands website and Fri. March 9th and Sat. March 10th they are open until Midnight. Sunday the 11th D-land is open until 11 p.m.
I am taking my daughter for our trip the 7th-11th of March so hopefully a few of those days will see less crowds. Our spring break for non-year round school is the the 26th of March through the 30th of March. Year round schools track off here the beginning of March until the 26th of March, depending on what track you are on. :)

jefhar
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
We're also taking our vacation from March 25-29. I can't imagine it being any worse than the holiday crowd or Thanksgiving day. Just wish there were fireworks on one of the days we were there. Oh well, it's a good reason to plan our next Disneyland trip.

nmjohnston874
01-27-2007, 05:56 AM

It will be.

Katran
01-27-2007, 08:00 AM

It will be.

Agreed. I took my daughter that same week two years ago and it was a NIGHTMARE! It was packed, wall-to-wall people, massive wait times. The only time it wasn't packed was when it rained.

I'm sorry, I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear! :( However:

We're also taking our vacation from March 25-29. I can't imagine it being any worse than the holiday crowd or Thanksgiving day.

Having never been there on a holiday I can't say how it compares. I just know that I was EXTREMELY frustrated by all the crowds when we went. I will never go during Spring Break again! I don't think you could PAY me to go then!

mycutekitties
01-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Agreed. I took my daughter that same week two years ago and it was a NIGHTMARE! It was packed, wall-to-wall people, massive wait times. The only time it wasn't packed was when it rained.

I'm sorry, I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear! :( However:

Having never been there on a holiday I can't say how it compares. I just know that I was EXTREMELY frustrated by all the crowds when we went. I will never go during Spring Break again! I don't think you could PAY me to go then!

Well the hotel is booked and that's the only time we can go anyway. It will be fun no matter what.

Katran
01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Well the hotel is booked and that's the only time we can go anyway. It will be fun no matter what.

Yeah, that's the way I feel about Superbowl Sunday. By the time I found out how crowded it could get that day, everything was booked. So we'll just deal with it.

SarahJanet
01-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Because my husband and my best friend's husbands are both teachers, we have no choice but to go in peak times. Last time we went (just me and my best friend, but she was working in a school at the time), we were there over Easter, and we're doing that again this year.

It's busy, but the extended hours make a BIG difference. Get there early, ride a lot in the morning, nap in the afternoon, and stay till closing. Use fast passes. It's not so bad! We went in May the previous time and although it was less busy, the park was open for less time. I love being there during the extended hours - even if you spend more time in line (which we didn't, really, because we knew how to work the system thanks to you guys!), you're still soaking up the ambience for longer.

mickeyxminnie
01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
we will be there 23rd march through 3rd april so if you see 5 really excited aussies say hi :)

busy or not busy its disneyland!!

jefhar
01-29-2007, 11:12 AM
I agree. Our hotel's been booked and I can only think of one time in January when it wasn't busy. It's Disneyland, you've got to love the crowds. We often meet some of the nicest people while waiting in lines.

nun69
01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
When I made my reservations (3/29-4/6) thay told me that spring break starts in CA the last 2 weekd of March to throught the first 2 weeks of April...but we're going anyway!!!! I think no matter what the crowds are like, my kids will have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!:D