PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland general questions

disneyherewecome
01-25-2007, 08:56 AM
I have several questions that maybe someone can help me with!

1. We will be going to DL on March 10th. My DD 4th b-day is 2/21. Do they do anything at the park for kids birthdays? If so, do you have to be there ON their birthday? I thought someone had mentioned getting a birthday pin from city hall, but since we won't be there actually on her birthday, do they still give it to her?

2. Pin trading - how does this work? You just buy pins and ask the CM to trade with you? It sounds like you can walk up to a CM and ask to trade?

3. Gift Baskets - I have heard that they deliver gift baskets to your room. Is this only if you are staying on the resort itself in one of the 3 disney motels? If not, how do you find out the info about it?

4. Does anyone know of how to go about getting discount tickets, etc., for places to eat OUTSIDE of the park? I was told that their was a Claim Jumpers Restaurant on Harbor Blvd?

Thanks for any help!

samsma
01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey don't know about the b.day ? But pin trading I have checked out.You can trade pin for pin(up to 2 at a time)with any cast member. They must be Disney pins only.If yo go on the Disney website,they have all kinds of trading ettiquete listed(like no touching the pins,ask them to bring it closer)that kind of thing

ssturgeo
01-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Gift Baskets are only for guests staying at one of the three DL resort hotels. they can be requested through Vacation Planning..Service 714-300-7526. If you are stayisng at a resort hotel you can also have a birthday bucket delivered to your room.

Birthdays
You can stop at City Hall and ask for a birthday button. It does not have to be your actual birthday...look for the phone on the front desk. this is a direct line to Goofy, who will wish you a happy birthday.

You can book a Pat E. Cake Birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn. $10.00 per person, includes cake, punch, party hats, a special Happy Birthday cup and Mickey Mouse Plate. Everyone at the party enjoys punch while decorating their own birthday cake with icing and toppings. Photo opportunity with Mickey and Minnie at the end. Usually two seatings per day...around 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. Party lasts approximately 40 minutes. children under two are free. Call dinsey Disney Dining - (714)781-DINE up to 30 days in advance.

Goofy's Kitchen ... when eating at a character meal, you can purchase an additional party bag for $5.00 plus tax which includes a soft foam puzzle, a Goofy silhouette writing pen, maracas, party hat, birthday button and balloons at the table. Birthday person will receive a very large birthday cupcake. For $20.00 you can get birthday buckets of different sorts (i.e. Princess) and they include items such as princess paper doll magnets, hairbrush, etc. Inserted in the top is a mini cake.

You can preorder a cake through disney Dining. The baking staff can create a variety of sizes and design...allow 48 hours advance notice.

Discount tickets for places outside the park: I got some for MacDonalds on Harbor last November by just doing a search on food and entertainment in the DL area.

Pin Trading: This site will provide some good basic info

http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-ID-Mult-PinTrade.asp

Malcon10t
01-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I have several questions that maybe someone can help me with!

1. We will be going to DL on March 10th. My DD 4th b-day is 2/21. Do they do anything at the park for kids birthdays? If so, do you have to be there ON their birthday? I thought someone had mentioned getting a birthday pin from city hall, but since we won't be there actually on her birthday, do they still give it to her?

2. Pin trading - how does this work? You just buy pins and ask the CM to trade with you? It sounds like you can walk up to a CM and ask to trade?

3. Gift Baskets - I have heard that they deliver gift baskets to your room. Is this only if you are staying on the resort itself in one of the 3 disney motels? If not, how do you find out the info about it?

4. Does anyone know of how to go about getting discount tickets, etc., for places to eat OUTSIDE of the park? I was told that their was a Claim Jumpers Restaurant on Harbor Blvd?

Thanks for any help!1. Yes, you can get a pin for the child, even though it isn't her birthday. She can also get her phone call from Goofy there.

2. Pin trading is fun. You can trade with any CM wearing or carrying a lanyard. Personal pins on their uniforms are not up for trading. Not all CMs wear lanyards. We got addicted to pin trading last trip. We bought a few extra pins and my son went in search of certain pins. We met the head of DCA that way...

3. Gift baskets are available thru Vacation Planning for visitors staying at the 3 Resort hotels (GCH, DLH, and PP.)

4. You might check with getawaytoday.com for tickets to Medival Times and the Pirates Dinner. But Claim Jumper is a restaurant and I doubt they have "tickets". I don't remember one on Harbor, but there was one on Brookhurst and one in Brea.

dragoonlady
01-25-2007, 11:10 AM
This isn't really a reply, but rather a question about birthdays.

My mother is turning 90 on 6/3/07, her request was to go to Disneyland (needless to say, she will be there) Is there any special events or perks that for birthday celebrators, and where would we go to find out. Do we need to call in advance or just appear. We'd really like to make this extra special for her.

Thank you in advance.

WITron
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
If you go to City Hall you can get the birthday button and don't need to call, also the birthday person will get a call from a character.

If you have questions about pin trading, there is a good website at dizpins.com and the ppl there will be more than glad to answer any questions.

IdahoMike
01-25-2007, 10:09 PM
We got hooked on pin trading too, after I won the lanyard and pin set from the YOMD team. We bought the boys each a starter set, and they proceeded to trade several times. My 4 y/o even picked up a fairly rare Piglet pin that is from Hong Kong, it was pretty neat! You can trade up to 2 pins per cast member, and they have to be pins that they do not already have on their lanyard.

The nearest (as far as I know) Claim Jumper is right next to Knotts (Beach blvd?). We have eaten there twice, and it is awesome!

Have a great time!

Courtney Anne
01-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Goofy's Kitchen ... when eating at a character meal, you can purchase an additional party bag for $5.00 plus tax which includes a soft foam puzzle, a Goofy silhouette writing pen, maracas, party hat, birthday button and balloons at the table. Birthday person will receive a very large birthday cupcake.

I called to get a couple of PS the other day - and I asked if there was naything else I could do for a birthday (mine :p ) and she mentioned the expensive buckets - but not the part bag.

Is this only available at Goofy's ?

They had their morning blocked out and I couldn't get a seating there on my actual b-day until after the parks opened. I want to do breakfast early before we go to the park. I ended up making a PS for the Lilo & Stich breakfast because that was all they had available.

hawaiimom
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
That's good to know it doesn't have to be the actual bday. We're going in March during my daughter's spring break but it will be a celebration of my son's (Feb), my (Mar) and my daughter's (Apr) birthdays.

Thanks for the info!

Katran
01-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Gee, my nephew's birthday is in the middle of March, but we're going the first week of February. Is that too soon to get him some birthday stuff at DL?

Malcon10t
01-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Gee, my nephew's birthday is in the middle of March, but we're going the first week of February. Is that too soon to get him some birthday stuff at DL?Not if you want to. I would call now to order the birthday buckets for a sit down meal if you are going to as sometimes they are in short supply. He can wear the birthday pin the whole trip, he will get a lot of "Happy Birthday"s from CMs, and a package of tortillas at the tortilla factory. My son usually gets a pin during our July trip, but his birthday is in Aug.

Katran
01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks! We might just do the pin. I think he will like that. I just never even knew DL did anything for birthdays. I figured they did, but had never heard about it before. I'm surprised they let you do it so far ahead or after though. Most places don't do that.