PDA

View Full Version : Nemo Subs?

Lekta
01-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey all! I am currently deeply into planning for our next trip. My options are the week of May 27-June 3 or June 3-10th. I have found that the hotels are cheaper with the first week, however, it is important to the group to have a chance to ride the new Nemo ride. I am under the impression they will be having soft openings of this attraction starting early June and building up to the June 11th rumored opening. Would this assumption be safe? Am I forced to go the second week slot to be sure of having a chance to ride it?

Also, of those 2 week slots, which of the 2 is more likely to be less crowded? I would think obviously the first week, as that is further from schools being out. I could be wrong though, as I admit, I'm not that familiar with the summer schedules in Cali or the rest of the west coast for that matter.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have a magical day!

disneyhound
01-24-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think you can bank on a "soft opening", or even an "actual opening" at this point. Have they "offically" set an opening date yet?

Bytebear
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
I think the water pipe breakage set them back a bit. I am just glad I am local and can get some inside info from friends. That's how we got on the Space Mountain soft opening. Get a call at work, "hey ,Space is open"... hey boss, I don't feel so good. I better go home and rest. ;)

bobabooey
01-24-2007, 08:24 PM
My research tells me this... You can't bank on the ride being open at that time.... SO go when it is less crowded! Probably the first week.

Lekta
01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Does anyone have some firsthand experience with the crowds either of the weeks. We are pretty much going to decide tomorrow night what days we are going to shoot for, so any inside info would be great!

Thank you kindly!

Katran
01-26-2007, 06:47 AM
I've gone during the second half of June twice and found it to be a nightmare. Wall-to-wall people. But several people on here have said that the first week of June is pretty quiet, because a lot of kids are still in school.

houseofmouse
01-26-2007, 08:06 AM
We have been to Disneyland several times the beginning of June, the crowds are much lighter then. Seems like after Fathers Day the crowds get worse as each day passes by. We were there last June the 13th-27th and by the middle of the month there were a lot of people!! :) Of course we still had a ton of fun, BUT.. on the 26th of June it was a hard close due to grad night that night and the park was extremely UNCROWDED the whole day!! So I guess you go when it works best for your schedule. :)

Darkbeer
01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I don't think you can bank on a "soft opening", or even an "actual opening" at this point. Have they "offically" set an opening date yet?

Here is a press release from Yesterday..

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=65828

It has the official opening on Monday, June 11th. So soft opening/previes should start prior to that.

Of course, with a lot of new technology to be tested, who knows when the ride will be available to park guests.

MadasaHatter
01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
OK,

Being a Disney Geek and planning an OCTOBER trip but so desperately want to ride the subs before than and wow I can't even get a semblance of syntax in this sentence....

Hey Dark Beer do you have any photos of the progress or the lagoon??? It has been very abscent in the recent weekly park updates. I of course cannot wait for the ride but I really am excited to see that part of the park all open again and seeing the subs moving around as I take the monorail around. I might even plan a spring trip before the parks get too busy and would love to at least see the laggon unveiled (if they do it early that is)

Ok. too much coffee. Gotta go. Bye.

Darkbeer
01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
OK,

Hey Dark Beer do you have any photos of the progress or the lagoon??? It has been very abscent in the recent weekly park updates. I of course cannot wait for the ride but I really am excited to see that part of the park all open again and seeing the subs moving around as I take the monorail around.

Of course I do, I took some yesterday.

But to be honest, nothing much is going on, the Monorail is still in Shuttle Mode, the Subs are sitting at the dock, and the refurb walls are still up, blocking most angles.

I am hoping for the Monorail to get the go-ahead for Full Circle routes, but they actually closed down the Monorail for the last few days (It was running yesterday) to allow for work to happen near the track (aka the new show building roof). I presume once I can get some new shots, or catch a Sub actually moving, a photo or two will make its way to the MP DLR update.

But you can always go directly to my webpage (link below) and head to the Theme Park section.

geoffa
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Needless to say, if the Nemo & Friends character effects are anything like the ones at EPCOT's Living Seas you guys are in for a real treat. The lines for this will be reminiscent of the opening of the Indiana Jones ride!

Mine! mine! MINE! MiNe! Mine!

Lekta
01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Typically, don't they start the soft openings 2 weeks prior to opening. I know its sure to vary, but, a general idea of the likely hood of it being open June 2 or 3? Do you think our chances would be decent? Mind you, we will be spending nearly every moment in the park from open to close, so we should be present if it were to soft open for a bit.

geoffa
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Check by City Hall on the day you're there and ask the CMs if they know anything.

IdahoMike
01-26-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm really hoping for soft openings, because we leave on the 12th, and would love to ride it once, but the lines will be INSANE on the 11th/12th. I'm figuring the Pirates lines from last year might pale in comparison, since the subs won't load nearly as quickly. I guess we'll wait and see.