PDA

View Full Version : Princess Makeovers

BCdreamer
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
We just saw a TV program that highlighted a Princess makeover that seemed to take place in a store. My 8 year old DD was over the moon at the possibility of being transformed - clothes, hair, even makeup(AAAAAH) and a crown.

Does anyone know where this service is provided and (I'm scared to ask) the cost? We'll be at the park March 9-14.

julw
01-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that is at WDW only. But they do do face painting and a small hair-do at the new princess fanfaire thing at DL. Who knows we may see you in line there;) . We're going March 11-16.

DangerMouse
01-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Perhaps you mean Club Libby Lou in DTD? They do a more complete hair and make-over than the Princess Fantasy Faire does. Of course, it's a bit more money, too, I believe.

Never done either, but I'm sure someone else will chime in

disneyherewecome
01-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that is at WDW only. But they do do face painting and a small hair-do at the new princess fanfaire thing at DL. Who knows we may see you in line there;) . We're going March 11-16.

Hello JulW! Maybe we will see you there! We are going March 10-15! Maybe we can all meet up at the princess line! :)

BCdreamer
01-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Perhaps you mean Club Libby Lou in DTD? They do a more complete hair and make-over than the Princess Fantasy Faire does. Of course, it's a bit more money, too, I believe.

Never done either, but I'm sure someone else will chime in

Does any one have details about these?

hlbtimes2
01-24-2007, 09:42 PM
http://www.clublibbylu.com/
Its best if you make reservations way in advance. If you dont, you'll have to walk in and sign up. You might have to wait a hour or two if they are busy. Reservations are prepaid, and nonrefundable. If you have to cancel you can use the credit for something in the store.

If you go, keep a close eye on them while they do the make up. They can get little heavy handed. And frankly, you child could end up a bit trampy looking if you arent careful!

We did it last March. My dd loved it.

10stime
01-24-2007, 10:25 PM
We were in Disneyland the week before Christmas and both of my nieces had their hair done at the Princess Fantasy Faire. The cost was 26 dollars per girl. One of my nieces had a cinderella dress on and they did her hair up in a cinderella bun (they also put flowers and glitter in their hair which made them not want to take a shower). My other niece had a holiday belle dress on and they did her hair in a twisty updo with red roses and glitter. It was just a walk up and wait your turn thing when we were there. I think we only waited a few minutes tops. The girls LOVED it, and from what I saw it was a much more sweet princess look than those that came from the libby lu store. The pictures from that day are priceless and all the CM's all would bow to the girls and compliment them which made them feel extra royal!:)

BCdreamer
01-25-2007, 06:20 AM
The girls LOVED it, and from what I saw it was a much more sweet princess look than those that came from the libby lu store. The pictures from that day are priceless and all the CM's all would bow to the girls and compliment them which made them feel extra royal!:)

Thank you everyone for your info. Since I have 4 & 8 yr old DD the Princess Faire sounds as though it will be wonderful. (The other "makeup" option will work in a few years maybe.) They will both literally feel like princesses in a magical Kingdom.

I think we'll do it before our Princess dinner.

vDunninger
01-25-2007, 07:38 AM
You must be talking about the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/shoppingDetail?id=BibbidiBobbidiBoutiquePage

Both DDs (7 & 12) did the 'Crown Package' last summer and loved it. The fancy hairdo lasted for at least the next 4 days of our visit to WDW and the takeaway gifts alone were worth the price of the package. Their pleasure from the expereince was priceless.

10stime
01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
No it was located right at the princess fantasy faire. There wan't anything like that available at the world of disney in downtown disney. We did the princess lunch the same day as well, it works out really well. Although we weren't very impressed with the princess lunch. The girls got more one on one time after waiting in the picture line at the fantasy faire and meeting some of the princesses than they did at the lunch.

ChipmunkStar
01-25-2007, 11:36 PM
OK, everyone's now mixing up locations.

At DISNEYLAND in California, you can find Club Libby Lu at Downtown Disney. Here your little one can be "transformed" by using colored hair pieces, makeup, and LOTS of metallic glitter. At the Princess Fantasy Faire inside Disneyland Park, they can have their hair done in more of a princessy fashion with more pixie style glitter, flowers and ribbons. At the Faire locaiton, you can also have face painting done, or purchase princess dresses and crowns to complete the transformation.

at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort in Florida, you can find the Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique. This is where they have full packages that may include photo sessions with Photopass photographers, press on nails, dresses, hairdos, etc.

Hopefully that will clear up some of the confusion. :)

potterphreak
01-26-2007, 07:57 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/potterphreak1978/100_1543.jpg

Here's a photo of the rock star makeover my daughter got in 2004. She was NOT down for the Princess stuff, LOL.

my2princesses
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Too cute:) Oh....I mean Cool:)

hbquikcomjamesl
01-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Why am I suddenly thinking of the famous (or infamous) Swiffer ad, with DEVO doing a special version of "Whip It," and the Goth daughter watching her mom rock out with her swiffer, and muttering, at the end, "I hope it's not genetic." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySW9S3399Q)

BCdreamer
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM

....Hopefully that will clear up some of the confusion. :)

One of these days i"ll get this figured out::confused: .

Yes the commercial was for WDW and we are heading to DL. So a visit to Princess Faire will be in our plans. Thank you all for your help - my princesses want to be princesses so the Belle & slooping beauty costumes will be coming with us.:)

BCdreamer
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM

....Hopefully that will clear up some of the confusion. :)

One of these days i"ll get this figured out::confused: .

Yes the commercial was for WDW and we are heading to DL. So a visit to Princess Faire will be in our plans. Thank you all for your help - my princesses want to be princesses so the Belle & Sleeping Beauty costumes will be coming with us.:)