PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather like in October?

disneychelle
01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
We are going for the first time to CA in mid October and I was wondering what the weather is normally like at Disneyland after the 18th of the month??
We also want to do the Halloween Treat if they have it so does it get cold at night when the sun goes down?? Thanks!

MollyTrolly
01-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Our normal family trip is early October, and I also live in So Cal (on the yearly trip we stay down tehre for 3 days, even though its only an hour away from our house). The weather in October is uaually a bit warm until later in the month but you will need at least a light jacket for the evenings, otherwise its probably shorts or jeans and a short sleeved shirt during the day. Layering early in the morning may also be needed.

The later you get in the month it gets colder and is usually cold by Halloween (jacket weather at least at night)

Something to think about when you plan your dates is Small World usually closes for the Holiday overlay the last week of the month, That is a must for us so we plan around that!

mommy-san
01-24-2007, 09:39 AM
We had very HOT weather when we went in October 2005. (30 degrees celsius) So it'd be a good idea to pack some light summer stuff and plan on using LOTS of sunscreen!

Enter The Mouse
01-24-2007, 11:47 AM
We usually go in October. I would bring summer clothes. Maybe a pair of Jeans and a Sweatshirt just in case.

princess- ada
01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
We go every October. The first year it was quite warm, second year warm in the day cooler in the evening, third year it rained yet it was still pleasent out and this last October it was nice (but not hot) and cool in the evenings.

hawaiimom
01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
This past October my kids were in shorts and tshirts during the day and jeans and sweatshirt or light jacket at night. It was wonderful.

Koala Gurl
01-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Perfect! :)

MadasaHatter
01-25-2007, 01:37 AM
BE PREPARED

we went to DL the first week of OCTOBER in 2005 and were soooooo hot.

we went to DL the first week of OCTOBER in 2006 and were soooooo cold.

we are going
to DL the first week of OCTOBER in 2007 and we will be __________.

gailirene
01-25-2007, 04:19 AM
We went for five days in late Oct. this year. Think we arrived the 21st. Shorts and tee-shirts during the day (it was well into the 80s some of the days) and sweats and a light jacket in the evening. Perfect weather and not many long waits for rides.

mycutekitties
01-25-2007, 09:36 AM
We went Oct 2005 and it was so nice! It was PEREFCT weather. I did get chilly at night.