PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else obsessive about checking the weather at DLR?

Pages : [1] 2

nvmom
01-23-2007, 12:49 PM
My dh laughs at me because I've started watching the Anaheim weather constantly! :D So far Accuweather gives me 15 days out so starting tomorrow the report will actually be relevent to our trip Feb 8-12. We've had bitter cold weather here in N. Nevada since before Christmas so I'm hoping for some fabulous S. CA sun! Then I can continue to plan my DLR wardrobe.

nvmom

mask41
01-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I can list my obsessive behaviors and we're not going until April: weather checks, this board checks, dl.com, amtrak.com, etc, etc, etc!! You're pretty normal in my book (we've been freezing in sw colorado too)!!!
-Have a Great Trip -
Amy

disneylandlvr13
01-23-2007, 01:10 PM
I can list my obsessive behaviors and we're not going until April: weather checks, this board checks, dl.com, amtrak.com, etc, etc, etc!! You're pretty normal in my book (we've been freezing in sw colorado too)!!!
-Have a Great Trip -
Amy

I can definately relate..i go onto this board at least 4 times a day...and i go onto weather.com to check the monthly averages for temp..im also goin in april but it seems to go by faster to go onto this website...

nun69
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
haven't been checking the weather but have been checkin every other board and website I can find!!!

yohomama212
01-23-2007, 01:26 PM
okay, i live in the same county as the dlr and i still check the forecasts regularly because i really don't like having to get the kids excited about a trip "this friday" and then find out it's raining "this friday"!

Liz :cool:

mommy-san
01-23-2007, 01:28 PM
OCD to the max. about the weather- i check accuweather's 15 day forecast before I've had my morning coffee!
Though, I'm not sure thats a good thing- my packing piles change every time the forecast does!
Now atleast the 15-day forecast covers all of my upcoming trip, so I guess I'm not nuts to be checking- just obsessive!

disneyshoes
01-23-2007, 01:38 PM
That is funny- I try to check the weather daily months before we go!

nvmom
01-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Now atleast the 15-day forecast covers all of my upcoming trip Lucky you! :) I can't wait until that happens for me! Plus, my inlaws are meeting us there. They're flying from Montana and have never been to DLR nor S. Calif in general. I'm planning all aspects of this trip so it's also my duty to report the weather to them (they don't have the internet- (gasp)-I have no idea how they survive really)- and tell them what to bring too. Never mind packing for myself, dh and 3 children. :)

Good to know I keep company w/other obsessive weather watchers...

nvmom

Phantom2006
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
When ever I am at the resort I check the weather on my cell phone all day. I want to know how cold it will be later that evening and most importantly if there will be a strong wind that would put a stop to the fireworks that night.

mommy-san
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
oops, just checked it again. I feel like maybe I should join AA (accuweather annon.)
Good news: most recent report is SUNNY all days we're gonna be there!

ssturgeo
01-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Oh my gosh...thought I was the only one who did this!! I know my co-worker is tired of hearing the temperature at DL!! I have it posted for the week in my cubicle under my floral Mickey picture!! Also under the pic is the distance in miles from Lafayette, IN to DL, and a sign that says "I'd Rather Be At Disneyland"!!!

virgojmk
01-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Not only do I check the accuweather 15 day, I also check everywhere I can think of along the way! Want to be prepared, my main concern (regarding weather) on the drive is HWY 152 and the Grapevine.

zombie pirate
01-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Rainy days are the best, low crowds, shorter waits in line, buy a couple of the plastic ponchos at wallmart your set.

bathtubs
01-24-2007, 06:55 AM
I check all the time too. Is the weather really as cool as it says? *gasp* California is supposed to be warm! I am not asking for hot just 20C would be great! Can I special order that for Feb 5-16?

Katran
01-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Chalk me up as a weather-checker too. But really, it's just good common sense, right? Especially if you're coming from a climate that is quite different. You'll need to know what kinds of clothes to pack, after all.

I check all the time too. Is the weather really as cool as it says? *gasp* California is supposed to be warm! I am not asking for hot just 20C would be great! Can I special order that for Feb 5-16?

Well, the past few days they've had high temps in the low 70's F, which is a little above 20C. Perhaps you were looking at current temps, which are definitely cooler if you look in the morning?

yenko427
01-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Which website have you found that is more accurate? I just looked for our dates (we leave in 6 days) and weatherchannel.com and accuweather.com differ by a ton in my opinion.

mommy-san
01-24-2007, 07:25 AM
I just want to be able to swim in the hotel pool and not have frost bite from it! And really- with the weather this warm here (2C) I'm just not feeling the differential is great enough to celebrate. My husband and I think a 40 degree differential between here and Anaheim is appropriate.:)

Katran
01-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Which website have you found that is more accurate? I just looked for our dates (we leave in 6 days) and weatherchannel.com and accuweather.com differ by a ton in my opinion.

Yeah, I've noticed that their high temps only differ by about 5 degrees or so, but their lows differ by as much as 10 degrees! Of course, a lot can change in just a few days too. "Weather prediction" really is an oxymoron.

P.S. We'll be there the same time as you! :D

ETA: Oh, and then of course if you look on Disneyland's website, their weather section gives another different set of temps! According to them, it's only going to be in the 50's today, but Accuweather says it will be 72!! WeatherChannel says it will be 75. Maybe someone who visits Disneyland today can pop on and tell us what the real temp turned out to be.

Lekta
01-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I get fairly obsessive about the weather when it gets near our vacation. Last year I was getting more and more depressed because weather.com said it would be raining 4 out of the 5 days in the park. While it didn't rain that much, it rained hard for 2.5 days =(. Oh well, walk on rides is always fun!

I also get obsessed with the weather near Mt.Shasta as I have to go down I-5 to get there. We lucked out on the way down and there was no snow on the roads (Feb 26th), but on the way back we were all VERY concerned as there had been a major storm in the area. But, again, we lucked out, there was significant snow on the sides of the roads, but not much at all on the actual road! Whew!

samsma
01-24-2007, 08:25 AM
The last time we went(nov-dec2005)the guy at the gift shop laughed when we told him we were going swimming(it was about20c)He said that's a sure way of telling who's a Canadian.We are going in Feb14-20 and we will swim and go to the beach no matter what(it's gotta be warmer than here).

Courtney Anne
01-24-2007, 08:41 AM
from accuweather:

Thursday, Feb 1 Periods of clouds and sunshine Low: 33 °F High: 62 °F
Friday, Feb 2 A blend of sun and clouds Low: 34 °F High: 62 °F
Saturday, Feb 3 Partly sunny Low: 37 °F High: 66 °F
Sunday, Feb 4 Partly sunny Low: 41 °F High: 66 °F
Monday, Feb 5 Sunny Low: 43 °F High: 73 °F
Tuesday, Feb 6 Mostly sunny Low: 42 °FHigh: 72 °F
Wednesday, Feb 7 Sunshine and some clouds Low: 42 °F High: 70 °F

disneyhound
01-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Not trying to be "Super OCD", but in addition to Accuweather.com and Weatherchannel.com, I also check the noaa report out of San Diego...

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=sgx&zone=caz042

nvmom
01-24-2007, 10:02 AM
I just go w/Accuweather because they go 15 days out. How accurate are they? Well, they were pretty accurate for our trip last year. They predicted the correct rainy days at least. One morning was a down pour.

When it gets closer for me, like next week, then I'll start comparing diff weather sights. lol :D

nvmom

mommy-san
01-24-2007, 10:52 AM
but were the long-range forecasts accurate, or just the next few days?

jeffat2
01-24-2007, 03:56 PM
I have Anaheims weather on my home page and look at a couple of times a day and compare it to our weather (NorCal) My wife thinks I am nuts.
Jeff