PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: AP rates from March to June and Group-less rates

Pages : [1] 2

nun69
01-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Does anyone have any idea if they will be posting AP rates for the DLH for 3/29-4/6? What have the previous rates looked like? I'm asking becuase I am debating on whether to buy an AP if there is a possibility I will save more a night on my stay at the DLH. And, so you have to have the actual AP when you book? Since the closest Disney store is about 1 1.2 hours away it wmight take me awhile to get one. Thanks so much!

DangerMouse
01-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Those dates are during peak Spring Break season. I can just about guarantee there will be no AP rates during that time. Sorry.

nun69
01-22-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah, but I was curious because I saw the previous rates on the mousesavers website form last year and they were through 4/13 which I would have thought was also spring break...just curious

cynthia312
01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know when are they doing that?? anytime soon maybe?? feb? march??

-cynthia

samkj
01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Currently there are rooms with a special AP rate through Feb 15.

Pirate Princess
01-22-2007, 09:59 PM
What is the chance of there being AP rates on DL hotels between late March and early June?
I don't remember this happening in the past but I wanted to throw it out there. We always go for my DS's birthday and I am dying to try a resort hotel but finacially it isn't in the picture unless it's at a reduced rate.

Also, and I am hoping there will not be a flame war over this, what is the ethical stance behind using a group rate at a DL hotel for an event you are not going to?

I am ASKING because I have seen others purchase tickets/rooms for Gay Days (I think) and they were not attending. Is this okay???

just beatla33
01-23-2007, 08:02 AM
well I don't make the schedual, maybe you should ask the hotels themselves? The number is on the disneyland website

Mark Mywords
01-23-2007, 09:32 AM
what is the ethical stance behind using a group rate at a DL hotel for an event you are not going to?

There was a video game convention in Anaheim a couple of years ago where they didn't lock down their (heavily discounted) Dland ticket purchases to just convention attendees. It was just an open ticket order page, no code, no nuthin'.

If I remember correctly, there wasn't so much an discussion of the ethics as there was a scramble of people to purchase tickets. It did end up with the agency actually selling the tickets limiting the sale after loads of non-convention attendees started bugging them to get their tickets sent weeks before the convention.

The ethics part is really up to you.

Jungle Cruiser
01-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I just called the Disneyland Reservation line and the AP rates which had been from January 28 - February 15 have now apparently been extended through March 15. If you are planning on going during these dates you may want to call and check. Unfortunately, my airline tickets are for March 21'st so I am still out of luck.

Pirate Princess
01-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I just called the Disneyland Reservation line and the AP rates which had been from January 28 - February 15 have now apparently been extended through March 15. If you are planning on going during these dates you may want to call and check. Unfortunately, my airline tickets are for March 21'st so I am still out of luck.
OOOOOooooo THANK YOU! I am calling first thing in the AM tomorrow (called already and they are closed :crying: )!!! I HOPE HOPE HOPE we get a room. Although it is a couple months off from my DS's birthday we still have to go AND it is always your birthday at Disneyland!!!
Bummed that the dates didn't work out for you. Making a wish for you tonight that they extend it again!
Thank you again.

Pirate Princess
01-23-2007, 11:22 PM
well I don't make the schedual, maybe you should ask the hotels themselves? The number is on the disneyland website
Wow... good thing there are others to help me out... Virtually 99% of the questions here could be answered by your response. However, we use this forum to help each other because we often know more information than the average DL employee, especially those at the other end of the phone.
Additionally when you start threads that ask:

Since I seen the schedual to turn the Holiday Mansion back to the regular Mansion was set for the 8th through the 18th. But I haven't heard anything about it since. Is it currently closed and is it still on track to reopen cause I don't want to go there Saturday excited to ride it and it still being closed you know.
do you expect a "get on the phone and figure it out yourself" response? If so... why do you ask?
Chances of someone at the other end of the DL hotel line knowing the historical AP rates for four separate months over the past few years is nil. My question was valid and first researched by using the "search forum" feature. However, AP rates, with any month attached produced an enormous amount of responses that were either unrelated or unhelpful.
I welcome you to this forum, seeing as you are rather new, but in order to get information you have to give.

MiceMom
01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I just called to see if we could get discounts for our trip March 13 thru 17th. I was told that the good discounts end February 15, 2007 and have not been extended to March 15th. :crying: Oh well, we're still going.

vicbella2
01-24-2007, 11:38 AM
We'll be at DL Feb24-Mar3. I called the hotel reservation # and was told AP night rates end Feb 15.

Pirate Princess
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I just called to see if we could get discounts for our trip March 13 thru 17th. I was told that the good discounts end February 15, 2007 and have not been extended to March 15th. :crying: Oh well, we're still going.

I called 3 times and finally got someone who knew about the extension.... BUT they were sold out on two seperate dates that worked for me in March. My advice is to keep calling back and trying it with new people.
Good luck!

jenpace
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
I called 3 times and finally got someone who knew about the extension.... BUT they were sold out on two seperate dates that worked for me in March. My advice is to keep calling back and trying it with new people.
Good luck!

I too just called a few times in a row hoping to get a CM who knew about the extension of the special AP rates but I had no luck :confused:

That would have been really great timing for us $$-wise. Oh well :crying:

Agent
01-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Pirate Princess - I am so happy you were able to get the rate. I think I have called so many times it's becoming ridiculous. No one seems to know anything about the extension of the AP rates.

Is it possible to post the dates you are traveling and the hotel you booked so I can try seeing if they can pull the up the rates with specific dates? Don't mean to pry, but I don't seem to be able to connect with CRO. Thanks even if you can't post!

Jungle Cruiser
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Since I was the one who had posted that they had extended the rates I was interested to see why the Reservation line is not able to pull up the rates for March. I just spoke with Devin at the Reservation Line and he also indicated that the rates had not been extended from February 15 to March 15. They have a list on their search screen which is in effect a quick reference. He then went and checked and was told the same thing again. However, when he input the AP code into his computer for March it did come up with availability at the special AP rate which surprised him since they had not emailed the cast members about the extension. He is going to ask the supervisor to send out an email letting the reservation cast members know that it has been extended. However, it is apparently sold out on certain dates at that rate so it will be hit and miss depending on when you are going. If they say it is not available ask them to input the code and check your dates and not just to rely on what they have been told.

Pirate Princess
01-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Pirate Princess - I am so happy you were able to get the rate. I think I have called so many times it's becoming ridiculous. No one seems to know anything about the extension of the AP rates.

Is it possible to post the dates you are traveling and the hotel you booked so I can try seeing if they can pull the up the rates with specific dates? Don't mean to pry, but I don't seem to be able to connect with CRO. Thanks even if you can't post!

Agent:
Sorry I am not going to be much help. Both dates, March 11-13 and March 4-6, were sold out according to the person on the phone. (Sorry in my previous post I didn't add that I was never able to successfully book a date). I am going to figure out my calender and call back later with another possible date and cross my fingers that they are not sold out AND that I get someone who knows about this.
I do not remember the name of the rep I got on the phone but it was a woman. I am sure that helps no one.. but hey. I just stated that a friend had called and was told by a rep that the AP rates have been extended and she said, "Yes, I know. Until March 15." She was completely aware of the promotion.
I'm not sure what is going on at Disney's end... Good luck to us all (including myself) on nailing down a date.

ETA: I was typing and didn't get to see Jungle Cruisers post right before mine. Good info! Thanks!

jenpace
01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Well.....I called back again and got a very helpful CM who was kind enough to check out what the confusion is about with a supervisor. It turns out that those rates in the month of March are in fact CM rates, not AP rates :crying: :( :crying: :(

Jen

Pirate Princess
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Bummer... I wish I would have locked down an open date before they found that out. Hmm... wonder if a mass email has gone out yet.

Tinkerbell 62
01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know what the weather is usually like the first week in April? Just wondering....

kimi911
02-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I saw on mouseasvers something about special AP hotel rates right now. How long they been going on? Are they all sold out? Thanks.

Also Mousesaver didn't list a code, is there one?

Jewels
02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
The AP website has them listed still. I believe it started late January and goes until February 15. We got the GCH for $189. Call reservations to see 714-956-6425. I just asked for the AP rate.

kikid
02-02-2007, 05:44 AM
I saw on mouseasvers something about special AP hotel rates right now. How long they been going on? Are they all sold out? Thanks.

Also Mousesaver didn't list a code, is there one?
I believe you have to ask for AP "nights", AP "rates" are 10% off the regular room rate. Another poster said they extended the AP "nights" discount into March? ;)
good luck

kimi911
02-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Question before I commit to Grand californian:

Is there no self parking there? I don't really like valet. Thanks.