PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion - no floating Leota?

ShirleyFilms
01-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know if they plan to make Madame Leotas head float again? This weekend, it was still motionless on the table - the way they have it in the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Does anyone know if they are going to change it back to the floating head? Or are they keeping this way now?

Also - I was on the ride yesterday... and I noticed that the staircase going up right after you get in the doombuggie was very empty (black walls, no decoration). Has it always been this way? I thought I remembered more on the walls there... but I cannot really remember for sure. Maybe I just got used to all the busy-ness of the Holiday layover...and just never noticed how plain that staircase was.

???

just beatla33
01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
well its been only open for 4 days, I noticed the track was a bit off too. I'm sure its still being put back together as well as the floating head.

DisneyDustin22
01-22-2007, 12:18 PM
It was floating on Friday. Although the projection was off with the movement of the ball when it would reach the low point of its rotation. Her eyes would move slightly to the nose on the manaquein. Actually made her look kinda demonic. Interesting though. So I'm sure that's why it's stationary at the moment. Until that is fixed.

Bytebear
01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Also, the stairs were black and empty before, no changes there.

PanFan
01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Saturday she was stationary and the video still wasn't quite synched with the audio--but that wasn't nearly as bad as the singing heads! Their mouths were a couple of words off from the audio! I meant to tell someone, but all the CM's I saw on my way out were busy with other guests so I didn't. Next time I will, though, because I later found out that they can go 101 to fix it (and it's evidently a rather quick fix).

Darkbeer
01-22-2007, 02:15 PM
They are still tweaking some issues, for example, the Bride with the beating heart face isn't set up correctly, the Singing Busts are slightly out of sync with the audio, and Leota is stationary.

I have been told they plan to work on these issues this week when the park is closed.

They did add some new sound speakers, which are wonderful, especially in the first few scenes.